Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: EZDownloader
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on March 10, 2009
Here are my experiences with this new to market download box:

First time Installation:
1. After hardware installation, I went to their web site [...] for activating & set up my web-based download control site. Entered the device number and password, I was set to go. (Continue registration if you'd like more services from the vendor.)
2. First time going to the device control portal, I had to keep installing ActiveX multiple times until it's done. (more than twice, for whatever reason, once this is done, it went like a breeze)

Now I got to start download tasks:
1. I went to a BitTorrent download search site, selected files I was interested, saved the Torrent files on my PC desktop, then added the torrent files one by one using the device control portal page's "New Torrent Download" button, the downloads started after a while, left it alone and it went like a breeze. I left it alone and went about my normal business.

2. It was nice to be able to download whereever I liked onto the download box/hard drive at home. (I didn't even to be home to add download tasks.)

3. Given the product is so new, the help file needs to be worked on, on usage icon meanings, tips, etc...

overall:
1. Given the nature of BiTTorrent download, I am very pleased with the overall experience.
2. One of the major benefit for me with this box is that I had never and will not install torrent clients such as uTorrent on my day-today working computer, this box provides a "Quarantined" BT download environment, which really is a major plus, in addition to the fact I don't have to keep my PC turned on for downloading.

3. My son did complain about a little bandwidth hogging, he had to physically shut down the box at one time, after I adjusted download box download/upload setting to 10KB/100KB, it seems bearable.

4. I like the "within home network, behind firewall" file-sharing of the USB large (1.5TB) drive connected to the download box. Also, the device control page allows me to use the USB hard drive as a personal/private Over-The-Internet Shared Hard Drive, which turns out to be a very nice added benefit of the download box.

This box is a great value and new gadget for my home computer environment. (And office computing environment, kind of.) I highly recommend the box to anyone.
on February 17, 2009
I'm glad somebody finally invented this... A downloader box that allows you to download using bittorrent (and several other protocols) without a PC. AND you can control it remotely from any web interface... It's super easy to set up. Just plug it in behind your router or dsl/cable modem and it automatically sets itself up. Now, I can download at home from anywhere and I don't need to have my electricity-hog PC running. For example, if I am at work and see something on a bittorrent site that I want, I can download it at home with this box which I can control across the internet via web browser. It's super simple and works great. It has two USB ports so that you can save to USB hard drive, thumb drive, or whatever. This 6Watts box rocks!