Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

• Sira

100%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 11, 2009
What a beautiful combination of Kora, Trumpet and vocals! It is a deeply touching CD, with great sensitivity and playfulness. The way in which the trumpet weaves into the songs, its muted tones is both complimentary and a contrast to the harpsichord like sound of the Kora and a mix of European and African. Ablaye Cissoko's voice is at times so filled with emotion it is hard not let oneself be taken on the journery with him.

A couple of the songs are playful, light and fun leaving a feeling of joy and perfection.

If you enjoy Kora from the Diabates of Mali I would highly recommend this CD. If you are not familiar with Kora, I recommend this CD as well. And if you are wanting to go on a beautifully touching journery into the depths of the soul of this music I highly recommend this CD.
on November 10, 2010
One of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE ALBUMS. I LOVE THIS CD!!! Stunningly beautiful, refreshing and soothing, this unique blend of Western soft Jazz trumpet, and the Eastern sound of the Kora (rich harp-like tones with soft Middle Eastern resonances...African actually,) both are woven between Ablaye's soulful and heartfelt vocals. The tone of his voice is pure and peaceful, and I feel as if I know of what he sings; the human condition, commonality we all share. No lyrics on their website however, so I'll just have to wonder. Ablaye Cissoko, a Kora player and vocalist from Senegal, and Volker Goetze, a New York trained trumpeter from Germany, are genius'. Listen to this album for relaxation, serenity, breath, calming,... perfect candlelight dinner music, or for something sumptuous to dance to. It touches the soul and transports to another place. Enjoy!
[...].
[...].
on June 2, 2010
This was easily the best album I purchased in 2008 and 2009. It is incomparably beautiful. But don't take my word for it - just listen to the samples!
on January 5, 2012
This is the most beautiful music I've ever heard. Sweet, charming, touching, moving...I'm definitely hooked to it, and I just can't stop listening to it.
The two instruments play with each other in perfect harmony, creating a magic rhythm and soothing both your body and soul with a fantastic therapeutic effect. It helps a lot during massage sessions and meditations, and brings you easily in touch with your deep self and your roots. Don't miss the chance to get enriched by this fabulous spell!
on August 10, 2012
This is a hauntingly beautiful album merging some of the best of African and Western music. Proof that innovative and beautiful music is made every day and anywhere. Amazing!
on January 20, 2013
Beautiful and varied music, I love this album. One song I sometimes skip, but as a whole I more than like it, thus a five star.
on January 22, 2015
A+++
on May 25, 2015
grate african music
on January 18, 2015
An recording that only gets betters with repeated playing.
on June 9, 2014
Ones best albums that I got now. Calm and different than usual. Just beatiful, relaxing and keeping the same way all the tracks.