Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Price:$39.34+ Free shipping

on October 26, 2007
I bought this after signing up for Amazon Prime. Received it in two days at no extra charge. Hooked it up to my Onkyo receiver and ran the antenna cable outside...I had to drill a hole through the wall to get the cable outside, behind my components. I put two screws onto the outside edge of the overhang of the roof and mounted the antenna. Came inside, hooked up all the wires to the dock and plugged in my Sportster 4.

I got the full 3 bars of signal strength and am enjoying my Sirius Satelite Radio as I'm typing this review. I am trully happy with this purchase and it's about $10 cheaper than Circuit City or Best Buy.

So long as you mount the antenna as the directions state, I don't think anyone should have a problem with the reception. The instructions included show what direction the antenna should be pointing depending on what part of the country you live...also...the optimum position for the antenna is pointing straight up.
11 comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2008
All streaming audio is blocked in our office so I ordered this product hoping to provide some entertainment during the day. Now I couldn't live without it.
Installation was so easy, there was almost nothing to it. I was a little worried about the antenna reception since I'm in a large cement building but I haven't had a problem at all. There's a jack in back you can hook up a stereo, speakers or headphones to so it's pretty versatile.
I highly recommend this to anyone!
on July 15, 2007
I LIVE OUT IN THE STICKS AND UNABLE TO GET RADIO RECEPTION INSIDE MY HOME. THIS HAS GIVEN ME THE MUSIC, STORIES, AND VARIETY I HAVE LOOKED FOR. LOVE IT.

on January 12, 2008
The recent purchase of a Sirius Sportster system was a great addition to our 2003 car. I liked it so much we bought the Plug "n" Play Home Kit to listen to the satellite radio at home. Directions were simple enough, we just placed the antenna in the window sill to get perfect reception. I did have to buy a $5.00 stereo cord to use instead of the included RCA audio cable just because my Bose Radio only had a "audio in" slot. I'm pleased with the reception and especially the variety of channels I receive from Sirius. Knowing the product is backed with a one year warranty is just icing on the cake for us! Great product and the price at Amazon was cheaper than local brick and mortar stores!
on August 16, 2012
I bought this because I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius for my Sportster5. As many of you know, it's lifetime for the radio. So as I already have Sirius in my car, this radio was unused. I had tried the Sirius boomboxes before and was always disappointed with the results. They were too big and bulkly to put anywhere in my home and look pleasing. Not to mention, if you have a home surround sound system or even decent computer/bookshelf speakers, the sound quality is much better through this than those boomboxes.

The Universal Home Kit seemed like the way to go and it's about $25 cheaper on Amazon than Sirius itself. The reviews I've seen are mixed, but I figured I'd give it a try. Most people are claiming that they needed to mount the antenna outside to work (and there is enough cord to do that) but mine worked just fine when I placed it on the top of my entertainment shelf. It only gets about 1 bar of reception, but the audio comes through fine without cutouts. This kit allows for a nice and clean install just about anywhere.

I would rate it 5 stars, but the item I received did not come as pictured. I was under the impression that it'd come in the original box/packaging. But mine came in an envelope with each of the dock pieces individually wrapped. Possibly these are refurbished units or open box? I don't know, but it makes sense for the price. Everything seemed "new", but just didn't have the original box.

If you're looking to use a Sirius radio in your home, I highly recommend this unit!
on July 31, 2007
The base and cords are fine. The home antenna is horrible at getting reception. I had to pull the car antenna and use that instead to get anything over 4 out of ten bars on the radio. With the car antenna in the same spots I received all ten bars of reception.
on July 8, 2012
Item was defective out of box - no power to radio through dock. Radio works fine when connected to AC directly; the dock has some defect that disrupts power.

Contacted Amazon for replacement but I was informed that Amazon has placed the product under review due to the high number of complaints received about product being defective. Every product has a few go bad, but the high numbers here suggest a wider problem.
on June 17, 2011
I've had the Stratus 6 in my car for about 9 months. When I first looked these home docks were about $80 on the Sirius website. Amazon had it for $65 I think. Recently I saw it for about $38. It set up in 5 minutes and I was rocking to the Boneyard in the bedroom. Great purchase!!
on September 12, 2009
I Love it...I take my Dock n Play radio out of my truck and drop it into the Dock n Play home kit attached to my sterio at home to hear Sirius radio. I can also take the kit to the garage or anywhere there is a radio with RCA input jacks or use adapter for 3.8 mm...even USB. The Indoor/outdoor antenna has a long 21-foot cord. AC power adapter = 6-foot cord. This kit allows me to get the most out of a single Sirius/XM radio suscription.
on February 24, 2010
I work on the 3rd floor on an office building and have a window that faces the very direction that the manual says that the antenna needs to face. The antenna gets a full terrestrial signal (which is great for me), but zero satellite reception. If you don't live in an area that has supplemental terrestrial signals and you have to have you antenna indoors, you may want to think twice.