Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Nintendo Digital Games Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on May 14, 2013
Like another reviewer, I got my Skin Sonic through a Groupon Goods Deal... I figured for twenty bucks, even if it didn't work well on my skin, I could at least use it to scrub the algae off the sides of my aquarium :P. But after using it for about 5 months now I can say that I'm really happy with my skin!

Before, I considered my skin pretty average, maybe worse than average since I always seemed to have a pimple or two, and lots of dry areas. I started out using the sensitive brush head, but then switched over to the regular one once my face got used to the feeling (that took about a week). I think the regular brush head exfoliates a little better. After the first month of using the Skin Sonic, it effectively got rid of all the dead skin and my face absorbed my moisturizer much better. After about 3 months my acne finally seemed to go away and I have only had very very minor blemishes since then, although it hasn't been that long so I'm still waiting to see.

-got rid of my dry skin patches
-skin is super soft and smooth now!
-no more pimples, except for occasionally a tiny one
-no more blackheads

-AA battery operated (some might see this as a PRO, however)
-replacement brush heads only available at a few places online
-design of the handle and the on/off switch is not the best...I have to be careful not to let it slip out of my hands and sometimes it takes me a few tries to move the switch

Overall, I've never owned a Clarisonic so I can't compare the two, but for what I paid for this one, it is definitely doing everything I expected it to!

For reference, I use this 2-3 times a week with just a drugstore brand cream cleanser with salicylic acid (like the Neutrogena pink grapefruit one), nothing fancy. I only use the regular brush now and haven't tried the other extra ones since a lot of reviews said they're pretty useless. I also rarely wear makeup since now my skin looks pretty good without any!

UPDATE: I've been using this brush for about a year now and am happy to report that my skin is better than ever. I also have yet to change the batteries, surprisingly. I've started using a grapeseed/argan oil blend to moisturize my face right after washing with the Skinsonic (my skin seems to absorb it better than the Aveeno lotion I was using) and this combo has been doing wonders for my skin - smaller pores, no dry flaky areas, and a healthy glow without being greasy. I always prefer to invest in products that make my actual skin better instead of covering up what's wrong with it, so this Skinsonic brush has been perfect for that!
on June 28, 2012
I decided to purchase the Sirius Sonic through a Groupon Goods deal. It was a small investment with a potential for bigger return. I've been using for the past 30 days and I really love this device! I'm not person who wears makeup every day and I have sensitive skin so I use the device every other night. The result is fab! My skin is soft, smooth and polished. I also noticed my moisturizer goes on smoother and takes less finger work to absorb into my skin.

I agree with the review by C.Gardner. There are more parts than I require. In fact the sensitive brush head is the only attachment I use consistently. The normal brush felt too harsh for skin on my face but it's perfect for skin on the body (like décolletage). The toner head seems pointless. Using it on my forehead was very uncomfortable. It just bumped along my skull. I don't see the need to use an exfoliator because the brush provides enough exfoliation for my skin. The moisturizer pad seemed to absorb more of my cream than my face. But I did find using the moisturizer head after I rubbed in night cream with my fingers felt nice, a mini massage.

The device truly is waterproof. I've used it in the shower a few times. No problems. Just to make sure I don't cause corrosion, I do dismantle the device after use, remove the batteries and let air dry. One grip I have is the on/off switch. When your hands are wet it is hard to thumb the switch. Another grip I have is the cost of replacement heads and lack of availability at a local store (like Sephora). I think $14 for two replacement heads is a bit steep. However since I'm getting results I'll be ordering two sensitive skin brush head replacements to keep on hand.

Overall I recommend the product, most especially as an affordable alternative to the Clarisonic. I've never tried the Clarisonic but I feel really good about the Sirius Sonic and don't see how spending another $150 will get me better results.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2013
I was skeptical about this product at first but in a nutshell, it gets the job done.

I bought my girlfriend the clearsonic and ended up using it pretty often and wanted my own but didn't really want to spend that much on myself as I don't care as much as she does for her skin. I did some research and read rave reviews about the Sirius sonic skin care system. At first I though to myself, how can a $40 product claim to do the same as the clearsonic which is $200+??

I bit the bullet seeing that it was so cheap and have been using it for the past while and am pleased with the results.

HOWEVER, I feel that the Sirius is NOT a clearsonic killer. Yes, it is cheaper and it works but you obviously get what you pay for. The primary difference is the clearsonic has an inner ring that vibrates/circular rotations which the outer ring vibrates or does whatever the hell it does. I do feel more "clean" when I use the clearsonic but does that extra feeling of clean justify the almost 4x price difference? Probably not.

Clearsonic IS better. Some features are: the added inner ring thing, charging stand/no need for batteries/ better quality product. But these things obviously come at a price.

The Sirius is the Toyota camry equivalent of face cleansers (probably others out there that do the same thing) where the clearsonic is the BMW of face cleansers. Yes, I know there is the debate of BMWs being inferior to Toyotas but this is for comparisons sake.

SO, if you have the money, go for Clearsonic. If you don't, you won't be dissapointed with Sirius.

Enough said.

Happy face cleaning.
on April 14, 2014
I sang the praises of this Sirius Sonic face brush when I first purchased it. I called it better than Clarisonic because it was super effective, inexpensive, and the two AA batteries had lasted over a year with daily use. I wanted to call it amazing.

Once those batteries finally died, though, so did my love for this product. I replaced the batteries and found that the battery cover (the bottom plastic portion of the handle) kept slipping off. I tried forcefully attaching the cover and letting the unit completely dry before attaching the cover, but every time I used the device the handle fell apart and batteries fell out in my tub mid-shower. This was a huge let down, but because I loved the brush so much, I took a tiny dab of superglue and hoped that might solve the problem with the cover flying off. Now the brush won't run at all and the cover is stuck.

So, I've finally given up. And sadly, I may have to convert to Clarisonic after all. It was a good 1.5 year run with this super affordable and effective brush, but I can't justify replacing it yearly and my disappointment won't let me make a replacement purchase today. Bummer.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2014
So I got this because I didn't want to splurge on a clarisonic. My skin type is basically combination but I'm olive skinned so I have large pores on my nose and cheeks and forehead. I don't get a lot of breakouts except when I wash my face with regular sulfate cleansers. So for years I have basically just used oil cleansers a few times a week. The results are very few breakouts but large pores and blackheads. (I don't count blackheads as breakouts because they are pretty much always there)

I read that a cleansing brush can make your pores appear smaller. But I decided that since I hardly wash my face as it is because it makes me break out, I'd buy this to see what the results were.

I used this with an oil cleanser for a few weeks. My face just felt softer and cleaner and with the oil cleanser I wasn't breaking out too much more than usual.

I loved it so much that I bought a clarisonic. I know that doesn't make too much sense but if this one made me break out or I didn't like it then I figured the same would go for the heavy duty one. I honestly can't tell the difference in my skin in the few weeks I've been using a clarisonic as opposed to this model. The only real difference is that the clarisonic is much better made and has stiffer shorter bristles. The difference may be that I'm still using the brush the clarisonic came with which is the sensitive and on the soni i was using the normal.

Neither item has gotten rid of blackheads completely. But the difference is with the clarisonic you can customize the brush heads to specifically get to your skin type. So I think once I get a deep pore brush for clarisonic it will get rid of my blackheads.(hopefully)

Otherwise the brushes basically do the same thing except they are miles apart on price. It's hard to imagine because the clarisonic brush moves so fast and just feels like a much better brush. But I honestly have not seen any intense results from the clarisonic versus the soni.

If you don't have any major problems with your skin and you're just looking for something to exfoliate and clean then this brush is probably sufficient. If you have specific needs then you probably should get the clarisonic. they have a brush specifically for acne, large pores, aging skin, etc.
on October 2, 2013
My face is so clean that when I get out of the bath tub, the cold air goes right into my newly open pores that were previously filled with oil and dirt. Love ittttt! And I'm a guy.
on April 26, 2015
I just got this 2 days ago. I was concerned that oscillating/vibrating wouldn't be much of anything, and it's more than I expected. I saw several people leave negative comments about the sponge applicators, so I wet mine first, so it wouldn't absorb too much product. I'm using coconut oil, and that worked. The sponge applicator transfers the vibrations to your skin very well, and you can take it longer than the hard plastic massage applicator, so I used it on sore muscles too, on my ankle and wrist. It's too soon to report results on my face, but I can report that the sore muscles are no longer sore. I'm using it with coconut oil, which I also massaged into my hands with the sponge applicator. So far the sponge applicator is my favorite and most used applicator, with the sensitive skin brush for my face next. The hard plastic massage applicator is better on fleshy areas, not so much on the forehead, but if you hover lightly, it's good there too.
on January 2, 2013
This product is great, especially for my sensitive skin. My face has never looked better! I have been recommending this product to friends.
on June 6, 2013
I honestly wanted to love this product, because I wanted a cheaper alternative to Clarisonic, but I hated it. First of all, I don't have any skin issues, and just wanted all the blows and whistles it offers, such as toning, cleansing, massaging and better product absorption. My thoughts on it:

Well, be aware that THE HEADS DO NOT ROTATE. Somehow, I missed it in the description. Should I have known that, I would never have bought it. You get tired after moving the brush on the your face yourself for some time.

I agree with the other reviewer that the massaging head simply bumps on my skull, and this is not a pleasant feeling.

The other 2 brushes (toning and nurturing) are completely useless. They are sponges and will absorb tons of your product. My products are good quality and rather expensive. I don't want to waste them.

I ended up returning the product and Amazon processed the refund promptly. Thank you, Amazon. I bought an even cheaper Olay Professional Cleansing System Pro-X instead and happy with it. It does only one function - cleanses, but it does it well and it ROTATES. That is all I need. When it dies one day, I will try Clarisonic. For exfoliation and better product absorption I bought a different product - Labelle Ultrasonic Skin Spatula. Love it.
on February 24, 2013
I have gone through two nutrasonics over the past three years. This sonic tool works just as well and does a superb job of cleansing my face. I like the fact that the brushes are easily changed and have a magnetic base.