5.0 out of 5 stars Will renew my subscription after this runs out!
Published on March 19, 2012 by likeHONEY

1.0 out of 5 stars The Hell?!
Published on November 7, 2006 by Monty The Killer Bunny

1.0 out of 5 stars The Hell?!, November 7, 2006
This review is from: Sister 2 Sister (Magazine)
I swear if it were possible I would give this magazine zero stars. I read an issue of this magazine not too long ago and it was just awful. They claim to be a magazine for today's black woman but if today's woman is obsessed with hair, makeup, how to make it good for your man, perpetuating the video girl image and the other usual, boring crap one reads in most women's magazines, then I would rather not be a black woman! As I flipped through the issue, I felt like it was a veiled, and thinly veiled, attempt at trying to turn me into the stereotypical video girl. You know the type, the chick in the club wearing barely anything, brainless, and is basically there to be a trophy for her wannabe ain't neva gonnabe thuggin man!

Believe it or not, I only encountered two articles of substance. One that stands out is about women who don't want to have children. And even that article wasn't in depth enough. If you want a good magazine, try Pink, Oprah's or Essence. Yeah, Oprah's mentions fashion and occassionally mentions how to have better sex, but notice that a HUGE majority of the magazine has a lot of substance.

Unlike this pathetic excuse for a magazine, the others actually realize that you have a mind and you want to use it. They realize that not only do you desire to improve yourself but also the state of the world. Sister 2 Sister actually makes me embarassed to be black! When are we ever going to move beyond the video girl image? When will the black community ever stop perpetuating this ridiculous image and expecting all of us to be these fantasy women?

1.0 out of 5 stars ripoff, March 21, 2012
This review is from: Sister 2 Sister (Magazine)
subscribed through magazines.com, for one year, after six months no delivery. when i complained to magazines.com, StS offer 1 (!) issue extension and no credit for undelivered issues. Neither StS nor magazines would give refund

5.0 out of 5 stars Will renew my subscription after this runs out!, March 19, 2012
This review is from: Sister 2 Sister (Magazine)
This is a good entertainment magazine for black women. Sister 2 Sister always features the best interviews. Jamie Foster Brown really knows how to connect with the celebs and gets them to spill things they otherwise wouldn't. You don't get those generic PC responses that a lot of other magazines get. This magazine just has more....uh, soul? I dont get that slick sold out feel that I do from other more majorly popular black female magazines. Most unintentionally hilarious random fact is that every issue they feature an advice column by Tami Roman. Yes Tami "hoodrat" Roman from Basketball Wives Miami fame actually gives advice to others LMAO. But overall I'd really advise you to become a subscriber if you aren't already. Sister 2 Sister may be less well known but it's the best magazine I've come across in a long time.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE....DO NOT BUY ANY MAGAZINES, February 15, 2012
This review is from: Sister 2 Sister (Magazine)
DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT PURCHASE A SUBSCRIPTION FROM THIS COMPANY. I SIGNED UP FOR A YEARS SUBSCRIPTION AND WAS CHARGED ACCORDINGLY....BUT ONLY RECEIVED TWO ISSUES. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GET ANY AND ALL MAGAZINES SOME PLACE ELSE UNLESS YOU HAVE EXTRA MONEY TO BURN AND HAVE STOLEN.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely my favorite magazine of all time, December 12, 2005
Mikeisha Best (Mitchellville, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sister 2 Sister (Magazine)
I will say this with all confidence: Jamie Foster Brown is the best at getting the rumors we want cleared up from the world's most popular African-American celebrities! She serves as one of my role models because, I, too, want to be a journalist for the entertainment industry. Not only does Jamie get the facts from the celebs, she also has relationships with most of the people she interviews, and thats truly rare.

Each issue has many articles and news about today's African-American famous people. The magazine also contains articles written by Dr. Jeff, a man who has a great way with words. His articles are always interesting to read. Stomps and Shouts is dedicated to today's gospel. This is another good section in this great publication. Peaches and Firecrackers are the letters to the editor. I particularily enjoy reading this section of the magazine because often times people bash celebrities, and even have disputes (which are also published) with each other! How you love that?

I HIGHLY recommend this magazine to any and everyone who enjoys juicy gossip, beautiful pictures, insightful articles, and a hell of a journalist (JAMIE I LOVE YOU). 5 Stars Then and Now

4.0 out of 5 stars Sister 2 Sister is Alright!, October 10, 2004
This review is from: Sister 2 Sister (Magazine)
Sister 2 Sister magazine which is helmed by Jamie Foster Brown has been around for quite some time. Back in the day, S2S was often looked at as a gossip magazine and beauty shop favorite. Over the years Sister 2 Sister has become much more mainstream and popular. Every issue includes celebrity interviews. Jamie will ask a celebrity anything that comes to mind. nikki turner is another driving force around the magazine and her Happenings section is where you can find out about cutting edge products and new artists or projects related to artists bubbling under the radar. Meows is another popular section dedicated to celebrity news. The magazine also features several regular features from a few experts in the health and psychology field. One of the most popular sections of the magazine is the reader comments featured in the Peaches and Firecrackers section. I used to love Sister 2 Sister and I still read every issue. The only reason I give it a 4 instead of a 5 is because it used to seem like a magazine that was different than all of the rest and nowadays it is similar to Upscale and a lot of the other mags on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sister 2 Sister, June 9, 2013
BootFreak (Columbus Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sister 2 Sister (Magazine)
I enjoy this magazine very much. Great deal for the price. Keeps me up to date on what s going on and I love Jaime's interviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up!, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Sister 2 Sister (Magazine)
I enjoyed reading and subscribing to Sister to Sister. I let my subscription expired a few months ago. I was hoping it would go digital by now. I have been reading Sister to Sister for years since it first came out. I enjoy all the issues. Jamie keeps us updated on all the entertainment. In addition, I like reading Dr Jeff's articles. I was surprised when Jamie allowed Tammy from "Basketball Wives" to write an article. The negative way she acts on the show, I would never read any of her articles. Overall, Sister to Sister is a great magazine!

Sister 2 Sister