5.0 out of 5 stars Sisters rock and this book proves it!
Published on May 13, 2010 by April T.

3.0 out of 5 stars i want a trailer
actually i was disappointed only because i didn't get color pictures since i bought it on my kindle.... but i loved reading about the travels and the cute decorating... still going to look for a copy of the book... but i felt at times i was with them... and would love to see in person the actual trailers and meet the crazy gals who do this... what do their husbands...
Published on November 8, 2012 by carole crawford

5.0 out of 5 stars Sisters rock and this book proves it!, May 13, 2010
April T. (Hillsborough, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sisters on the Fly: Caravans, Campfires, and Tales from the Road (Paperback)
A few years ago, when I was watching a television program about a bunch of women who camped in funky trailers together, little did I know that one day? I'd be one of them. Words alone are not enough to describe what this group has done for me. Apparently tho, not to worry. Irene Rawlings has done it for me. Through beautiful photographs and personal accounts, as well as useful tips and fabulous recipes, Rawlings has successfully captured what the Sisters on the Fly are all about. While our life as wives, mothers, partners and employees keep us busy, it is not all that we are. This group enables us to decompress and share with each other, who we are at our core. Women from all over the country (and a few outside) gather together and enjoy their differences as well as similarities. We don't all fish or have trailers, and there are some who will admit that the closest they get to camping is tardy room service, but make no mistake. This is a group of women who love the outdoors, laughing and learning. This book gives a glimpse into how we started, and what keeps us growing. The photography is extrordinary, and the writing inviting. Irene herself is a fellow Sister! I would recommend this book to any woman who has wondered if 'that's all there is' to life. There's more out there, I promise you. This book will bring smiles, make you nostalgic, and perhaps encourage you to think outside your comfort zone. Join a woman's group. Check out Sisters on the Fly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brace Yourself!, May 13, 2010
Be warned! This is one of the most dangerous books you will ever hold in your hot little hands. Read only a page or two and flip through the pictures and you will be afflicted with one of the most potent ailments known to man and womankind--"Silver Fever." This book will have you scouring the high-ways and by-ways for vintage trailers faster than butter melting in a hot Dutch Oven! I guarantee you'll be dreaming up décor ideas, martini recipes, and scenic routes by chapter three. Better than a shelf-load of self-help tomes, this book should motivate you with the life-changing realities, challenges, and sheer joy of this intrepid gang. Nobody has more fun than the Sisters on the Fly, and getting there, (and getting that lil' rollin' piece of personality that is your trailer ready to be there), is a big part of the fun. This elegantly yet playfully presented book gives lots of insight into the history, events, food ways, wit, and wisdom of one of the craftiest, boldest and most welcoming groups you'll ever find. No medium can give the full sweep of the personalities and adventures of this group, but few things will make you want to be a part of that ongoing story more quickly than this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, May 13, 2010
When my book arrived yesterday, I sat down and read it cover to cover! It's just stuffed with the most wonderful photos and stories. I have been a Sister for over a year and I can tell you that this group is full of the most amazing, capable, outrageous, talented and utterly unique women you will ever meet. This book captures all of it. You'll learn how to find and restore your own vintage trailer (and believe me, you'll want to!), cook meals in a dutch oven, fly fish for hours and sit by a campfire telling a good story. Even if you never leave your armchair, you'll feel as though you've been somewhere, having "more fun than anyone" with Sisters on the Fly! Come join the caravan...

5.0 out of 5 stars I was on the phone to EllynAnne Geisel when mine arrived...., May 15, 2010
OK, I was on the phone with my wonderful friend, EllynAnne....(The Apron Book),,,when my hubby answered the door, there stood the UPS man with "MY BOOK" and I squeeled in excitement...poor EllynAnne's ear! Anyhow she said, "Hang up & go read" so I did..hugs EA for understanding...
So where do I begin?
Irene you did a wonderful job covering us,,,picturing us & for encouraging (future) little girls in womens bodies....to want a little vintage mobil home to decorate to their hearts contents.
I love that you listed all the wonderful websites that are helpful to us "Glampers" as well as wonderful blogs of some of the "Sisters".
At the next Sisters on the Fly event (here in the Inland NW)in just 2 weeks, we will be celebrating and having an "Autographing Party".
Your book is wonderful and like Maurrie said..."We have more fun than anyone"...
Thanx for doing a wonderful story on us "Sisters".
Great Book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Campin'Chris Loves Sisters On The Fly, June 28, 2010
I was eager to read my new "Sisters" book the minute it came in the door. I have some familiarity with their organization and feel it is just an awesome group of women with a wonderful purpose. The book itself is full of fun, sentimental stories about great people and their activities. In addition to the pictures, the information and advice, there are terrific recipes geared towards great camp food and cooking out of doors. There are ideas about how to decorate and even includes wisdom in regard to safety issues and learning how to pull your trailer. This is a book very much worth having...it's a treasure of information and encouragement!

5.0 out of 5 stars From Cover To Cover...., May 15, 2010
rowdygirl003 (Sherwood, Arkansas United States) - See all my reviews
I was riding my bike when I saw my book arrive!!! I got off ran to the porch sat down and looked at it from Cover to Cover! I love it....Irene captures the spirit of the Cowgirl Carvan and Sisters On The Fly! I'm sister number 62...I loved seeing my trailer in the photos and those of my friends and sisters alike! The recipe section was a nice surprise! The book will be a delight every time I pick it up!! Thanks a million Irene...Good Job

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventurous and fun visual and written tribute to lives well lived, September 11, 2010
SISTERS ON THE FLY: CARAVANS, CAMPFIRES, AND TALES FROM THE ROAD offers insights by a group of nearly 1,500 women ranging in age from 25 to 90 who share many active passions, from fly-fishing and poker-playing to camping. The Sisters have been finding and restoring decorated trailers for a long time, and offer adventurous and fun visual and written tribute to lives well lived.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun adventure in reading, June 4, 2010
C. Benton (Huntington Beach,CA) - See all my reviews
I so enjoyed this book!'Sister's on the Fly' was crafted so well that it's images put me right there by the campfire or in a cozy little bed snug in my very own trailer. Besides sharing the actual stories of the Sisters, it is also an abreviated 'how to' (i.e. an instruction manual) get started book. Rawlings shares step by step advice and resources on how to purchase a trailer, decorate & pack your little camper, and the various pitfalls. Also included within are some inspiring (Lemondrop!)recipes that I'm looking forward to trying. Thanks for such a fun romp!

5.0 out of 5 stars I WANNA BE A SISTER ON THE FLY, July 9, 2010
Well, I simply wanna be one! When Irene Rawlings did the book signing at the TATTERED COVER in Denver, the little gussied up trailers were all lined up in front of the store. Never did I see more beautiful, creative, cozy delightful digs and immediately decided that I must have one. For all of us who are longing to be on the road and to play with doll houses, great friends and have adventures, this book inspires us to get on the road.

The pictures are great; the outrageous spirit of these little houses and the sisterhood of amazing women, beckons us to stop by for a cup of coffee or a magrarita while in front of the campfire. Love the energy and spirit of the women, it is inspiring. Flyfishing is the ZEN of life, with nature, challenges, physical stamina and joyful living. Great to do it in a supportive group having fun while looking after each other.

If you're a cowgirl, flyfisher, outrageous woman who wants to join the caravan, this book made me laugh and get going!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dream a Little Dream, December 3, 2010
If you've ever dreamed of packing up and hitting the road, this is the book for you. I am inspired to buy a little trailer and hook up with these women for some fun.

Sisters on the Fly: Caravans, Campfires, and Tales from the Road
Sisters on the Fly: Caravans, Campfires, and Tales from the Road by Irene Rawlings (Paperback - May 18, 2010)
$19.99 $14.91