Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on November 10, 2011
I hesitate writing a review on this book because of a deep respect and appreciation for what our Veterans did for us in Vietnam. Over time I've read many, many Vietnam books and only a very few were not very good. The author of SitRep Negative did exactly what is described in the other two reviews. Not much action but then again there wasn't much story either. He joined the Army, got trained, became a radio operator, went to Vietnam, moved around some, went on R & R, and then came home profoundly altered. Add in frequent mention of his novel and you about have it. For 99 cent I got what I paid for but it seemed more like a teaser for his novel. Would have added a lot to the story if there were just a little action.
on May 9, 2014
I truly believe that every young man or woman that gave to our country by going to Viet Nam or any theater of operation deserves high placed praise. That does not mean that they are capable of writing, nor should they be so involved in their own activity in support of winning the conflict that they place their importance above others - quite short sighted by the author.
on October 11, 2012
This book was one of the most boring I ever read about Vietnam. After many years, the writer was still angry about the war, about the military and about the United States. The introduction said it was written as a memoir for his children, and he should have left it at that.
on August 29, 2013
Good summary but unfortunately not a lot of detail. A lot of information was not finite which diminished it's credibility. Seemed as if the writer read several books and incorporated those and third party stories he had heard and translated those into his own experiences. Maybe he lived it all and if so I wish him well, but either way, true or not, credibility sounded like the all too familiar stories military members have heard before many times with few things changed.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2014
I chose this book because of the title. I was hoping to read about an experience not just about officers and radio operation. Not the best book I have read on Vietnam
on July 9, 2015
Nothing really new like most books about vietnam.
on October 15, 2014
OK, but dosen't warant a reread.
on September 20, 2013
Yeah, accurate story. Interesting from time to time. But hasn't this been done to death? I'd rather read something with some style like Graham Greene's The Quiet American.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse