|Print List Price:||$21.99|
Save $11.00 (50%)
This price was set by the publisher
Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus: How the Jewishness of Jesus Can Transform Your Faith Kindle Edition
|Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, read author blogs, and more.
Top Customer Reviews
I've read the Gospels numerous times and read many books about what life was like in Biblical times. Frankly, I didn't realize until now how much I was missing by not understanding the rabbinic teaching styles of the time (among other things). Despite all my study, most of this information was new.
This book opened up my understanding of the Gospels by allowing me to see the deeper, richer meaning that would have been understood all along by the Jewish audiences of Jesus' day.
The book consists of general cultural notes alternated with using that new knowledge to examine specific Gospel passages. However, this book isn't just an intellectual exercise--it'll have you digging into your Bible with new enthusiasm and will deepen your walk with God.
While Christians who have a solid foundational knowledge of the Gospels will probably get the most out of this book, I'd highly recommend it to any Christian who wants a deeper understanding of Christ and his teachings.
Obviously, I really enjoyed this book which is why I picked it as ChristFocus Book Club's May book. [...]
I want to share with you a new exciting book I read this past week, I have been SMILING everyday since I started reading it. It's a very good book. The book is 272 pages, with lots of great footnote (rare meat for me) in truth ever page of this book is a real GEM. As I finished the last chapter of the book last evening, I had a vision in my mind of a light wooden church pew in front of me, and on the backside were a bible, a hymnal, and one of these books for people to read. If only every Christian would read it was my thought to the Lord. I believe it would help them SEE You in Your true Jewish setting.
I'm praying this book will impact many many people for the Lord, Jews and Gentile alike.
Now, to tell you the truth I knew almost everything in this book about Rabbi Jesus; I have been teaching this kind of stuff for over 19 years
It was a delight to me to see how well Spangler and Lois laid out everything in this book; really it moved me to tears. I think the Christian world at large has been waiting for this book, yes, I know it has...! So anyone who wants to KNOW their HEBREW Lord Yeshua (Jesus), should read this book.
Mayim Hayim Ministries will give this book a five stars***** rating, and will carry it and use it in our ministry as a great teaching tool. I promise you, you will gain a much deeper understanding of God by seeing Yeshua in His own world. You will not only look through the eyes of a first century Jew reading this book, but of a first century Jew "living during the Second Temple period to boot." Then you will see Jesus "as a Horse of a different color," if you know what I mean by that Movie idiom?Read more ›
1 Joining Mary at the Feet of Jesus
2 Why a Jewish Rabbi
3 Stringing Pearls
4 Following the Rabbi
5 Get Yourself Some Haverim
6 Rabbi, Teach Us to Pray
7 For everything a Blessing
8 A Passover Discovery
9 Discovering Jesus in the Jewish Feasts
10 At Table with the Rabbi
11 Touching the Rabbi's Fringe
12 Jesus and the Torah
13 The Mysterious Kingdom of God
14 Becoming True Disciples of Our Jewish Lord
A Prayers Jesus Prayed
B The Feasts
C Recommended Resources
In the opening pages, the book features the endorsements by Ray Vander Laan, Marvin R. Wilson, David Bivin, and Dwight A. Pryor. Also, the book is 201 pages from the Introduction to the last page of chapter 14.
The book is an introduction to the historical settings of the Jewish culture in which Jesus was apart of and paints a vivid picture of what it would have been like to have Jesus as your Rabbi. The purpose of this is to expand the knowledge of Jesus and develop ethical practices that reflect His teaching. This book does not set out to prove His Jewishness or Messiahship. The authors believe it and begin to relay a message of what it would have been like to be a disciple of Jesus.
Each chapter begins with a short story or personal experience that sets the tune for the chapter. Further, when the authors are making a point, they speak in illustrations that appeal to the readers' physically senses/experiences so that the reader can relate to it.Read more ›
The authors do an excellent job of teaching the reader how the people of the time would have understood Jesus' teachings. Whether they are discussing the daily life, training, feasts, clothing or any number of other factors they explain the significance of each, why it was important, how it affected the perception of the people and how it applies to us today when correctly understood in their context.
This is a very interesting book and required reading for those who want to increase their understanding of the culture of the people of Christ's time. "Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus" is highly recommended.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Every Christian or anyone who is interested in following the Rabbi would be blessed by reading this.Published 19 days ago by Amazon Customer
Wow! This book is amazing! I have read this book several times and learn something new each time. This a great introduction book to someone interested in learning how the Old... Read morePublished 1 month ago by K. Kang
Great read!! Hope this is enough to piqued your interest if the title of the book does not.
Learn what disciple means and gather insight and understanding of some of rituals... Read more
These authors have a nice blend of historicity and creativity to illustrate the life of Jesus' Jewishness. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Matt Liberio
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > History & Culture
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > New Testament > Jesus, the Gospels & Acts
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Faith
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > History
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Christology
- Books > History > World > Religious > Judaism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > History
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > Jewish Life
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > History & Culture
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Bible Study & Reference > New Testament Study > Jesus, the Gospels & Acts
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Faith
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Education
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > History
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Theology > Christology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > History of Religion
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism > Jewish Life