5.0 out of 5 stars As essential as "Midwestern Songs..."
Published on June 24, 2004 by Grant McKee

3.0 out of 5 stars Fat Wreck & Ship Wrecked
After the past,inspiring release of "Versus God",I was awaiting this release with many expectations. Situationist Comedy is a let down,no doubt about it. This doesn't even sound like the original Dillinger Four. The pace is fast I will say that,but I have heard much,much better from this band than this.
Published on September 16, 2002 by NATON

5.0 out of 5 stars As essential as "Midwestern Songs...", June 24, 2004
Grant McKee (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Situationist Comedy (Audio CD)
If you only buy one Dillinger Four album, buy "Midwestern Songs..." Of course, then you'll be upset that you can only buy one D4 album and you'll kill, cheat, and steal to get your hands on "Situationist Comedy." Again, Dillinger Four manages to take the best in insightful political lyrics and catchy, hook-filled pop punk, throw in a great blend of their two lead vocalists (Erik and St. Paddy), and come up with a timeless record. I couldn't even think of a dud on this disc, though I think my favorite (and this was a tight race, folks) is "New Punk Fashions for the Spring Formal."
If you like music, you'll like Dillinger Four.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know..., July 10, 2002
Amazon Customer "theangryoriental" (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Situationist Comedy (Audio CD)
...why you still haven't bought this album. This is right up there with Midwestern Songs as the top D4 offering yet. They're their lyrically strongest on this disc..I don't think it's my place to describe what this disc contains, as it'd just propagate preconceptions that have no right to be in your head as you listen to this CD...I am confident that you will like it, love it, cherish it. Trust me, if you're a punk fan, just buy it. Now.

5.0 out of 5 stars the importance of being earnest p. worrel, June 30, 2002
wittman (where else in the world are you going to find a browns fan?) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Situationist Comedy (Audio CD)
i am writing this review on the 30th of june 2002, more than two weeks after the release of d4's junior stufio effort. under these temporal circumstances i am quite disappointed that i am only the second (2nd) reviewer of this slice of plastic on this website. this is a clear indication that not nearly enough of you (dear readers) are buying, thinking about, and writing about this album.
im sure that, were i to take the time to look up anti-flag's latest release on this website, i would come up with baker's dozens of favorable reviews of their latest album posted within six or seven minutes of that particular waste of studio time's release. on the other hand, maybe that is a blessing; that there are not legions of ill-informed and puberty stricken punk rock poseurs rushing out at quarter till midnight to get to their local independant record shop to buy the latest record from the best punk bad currently on the planet i.e. d4. the aforementioned are inexplicably more drawn to the asinine platitudes of such punk hacks as anti-flag and (as far as im concerned, at least) better off not using what little brain power is left after huffing bong loads of kind bud in their parents' tool sheds trying to decipher what profoundly simple socio-political messages these twin cities boys have to offer us (they're going to need that grey matter later in life to figure out in which direction they need to flip my veggieburger.)
but enough condescension. regardless of who is or who is not reviewing this album on this particular website, it is pure f---ing genius. these boys never fail when it comes to aural awesomeness and this latest release is a testament to that. from the opening f-ed up riff of noble stabbings to the equally righteous opening line of New Punk Fashions For The Spring Formal ("man this place looks like a catologue,")
situationist comedy blows its competition out of the water. if youre looking for something to which you can tap your toes and that makes you think just a little bit, look no further. dillinger four is the bizomb, my friends.
and i dont care whether or not this review has been useful for you. just buy the damn album. you shan't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best from Dillinger Four, April 7, 2008
This review is from: Situationist Comedy (Audio CD)
Personally, this is my favorite album by Dillinger Four. Of all their albums, this is what really got me into this band. I had heard a song by them off of Short Music For Short People about 5 years ago but this blows that out of the water. I have heard people say that "Midwestern Songs" is the best and that this CD isn't worth picking up but trust me, that's entirely not true. Both have their strong points, but to me, this one has smarter lyrics and harder, more furious guitars and bass. Call me crazy, but I can honestly say that after listening to this entire album and songs like "Noble Stabbings", "Fired-Side Chat", and "All Rise For The Rational Anthem", "Midwestern Songs of The Americas" has absolutely nothing on this. Do yourself a favor and pick up this 2002 release, for punk rock fans everywhere, this is a staple in any collection. Pick up Versus God too, it's amazing as well. Now if only The Civil War would come out..

4.0 out of 5 stars Pummeled by a Gorilla, May 27, 2009
This review is from: Situationist Comedy (Audio CD)
D4's third full length, and first for Fat Wreck Chrods, is filled with the powerful punk rock anthems we've come to expect. Complete with witty satire, critical social commentary, humorous song titles and just plain good lyrics. The perfect progression from Midwestern Songs and Versus God. The bass is loud and punchy and the guitars buzz like chainsaws. The songs are hard and fast and the hooks don't stop coming. Every song is a fist pumping sing along.

There seriously isn't a bad song on here. It's a tough call, but I think this might be D4's most solid album from top to bottom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gah this Band Rocks!, July 10, 2013
This review is from: Situationist Comedy (Audio CD)
Another Dillinger Four record, another 5-Star review. This band releases nothing but the finest punk music you can find out there and Situationist Comedy keeps the trend going.

5.0 out of 5 stars take a wild guess, it's frickin' dillinger four!, November 7, 2002
S. Bell (Tallahassee, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Situationist Comedy (Audio CD)
I'm just going around and reviewing dillinger four albums cause they're my favorite band. This album is beautiful, so buy it or buy another one of their albums, but for christ's sake, don't let another minute pass without hearing these guys if you never have before!

5.0 out of 5 stars A shining light in a fading genre, June 8, 2002
This review is from: Situationist Comedy (Audio CD)
As bands like New Found Glory and Something Corporate continue to ruin the punk industry, it takes a band like Dillinger Four to make us realize how good this music really is. For those who don't know, D4 is straight-up punk rock with no gimmicks. Their music also has a kind of vintage feel to it, which is very welcome. The switch from Hopeless Records to Fat Wreck did not change the band, as I had previously feared. The songs sound exactly the way they did from the Midwestern Songs-era D4 sound, not over-polished at all. On to the CD, it is very good, if not one of the best CDs released so far this year. It is every bit as good as Versus God, and almost if not as good as Midwestern Songs. The best songs on this CD are "NOBLE STABBINGS!!", "The Father, The Son, and the Homosexual/Single Parent", and "D4 - Putting The 'F' Back In 'Art'", but that doesn't mean the rest of the songs aren't as good. Every song is killer. The dual vocalists, Paddy and some other guy (I forget his name), are great, and both of them have distinct sounds. D4 are also the kings of cool song titles, if you haven't already noticed. So buy this CD and throw away your NFG CDs and t-shirts. This will be on almost everyone's top 10 list this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars I get it now. lol, September 4, 2014
This review is from: Situationist Comedy (Audio CD)
When I first bought this... I wasn't old enough (or sociopolitically aware enough) to understand every quip in the lyricism. Now that I am old enough, I find it rather entertaining. I like the way they drive their points home in a kind of 'matter-of-fact' way.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the Gorilla mask, September 12, 2004
The Ricker "A to the X" (Oakland, CA. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Situationist Comedy (Audio CD)
I thought versus GoD was a lacking and though that the move to FAT wreck Chords would hurt them but it just seemed to rejuvenate this band and got them into the public eye. Sounding much fresher an fiercer I think this album rivals their debut.

Situationist Comedy
Situationist Comedy by Dillinger Four (Audio CD - 2002)