5.0 out of 5 stars Six Bits - Excellent Read
Published on December 31, 2011 by Denise Gruber-Tiemann

1.0 out of 5 stars Trite!
Could not deal with this book. I actually returned it the next day. Sorry to the author but it was trite, absurd fantasy, a lesson in unwanted religion. If you're looking for contemporary literature this is not your book.
Published on February 6, 2013 by Joan

5.0 out of 5 stars Six Bits - Excellent Read, December 31, 2011
This review is from: Six Bits (Kindle Edition)
Once beginning Six Bits I couldn't put it down. I was glad to be home on Winter Break to have the luxury of reading without stopping. The book was an inspirational journey, leaving me with hope that change is possible. I marked several passages I would like to revisit. I could deeply connect with the scripture selections and prayers of characters! This book is a must read for anyone doubting mankind, relationships, or faith! On a personal note, I wish all men would read this book! The message this book delivers is what every woman wants men to realize!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone and everyone..., March 7, 2012
This review is from: Six Bits (Paperback)
I am so thankful that this book was recommended to me, what an incredible story of a man's redemption. The author did a beautiful job of crafting each and every one of the characters so that they evoke the perfect emotions when it's necessary. I laughed, I cried, and I cheered on Jack Clarke as he made his long and heart-wrenching journey. It is, hands down, one of the best books I've read recently; and I read A LOT. Congratulations to this up and coming author on a fabulous book, and I cannot wait to read what he comes up with next!

Now as for you the person that is reading this and has not read the book yet... you should probably go read it now. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for Six Bits, December 25, 2011
A. BAYSDEN "AEB" (Daphne, Alabama United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Six Bits (Paperback)
Once I started this book I did not want to put it down. Mr. Ringering has a gift rarely seen in modern authors. He will transport you to places and possibilities we no longer see through adult and often jaded eyes. I felt as if I were right there with Jack, Jubel, Petee and all the characters. And being transported in time felt natural. The mesaage of hope and redeemption is one we all need. A must read for anyone with a heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, December 19, 2011
This review is from: Six Bits (Kindle Edition)
Jack London Clark is a man you will love to hate..until you find that you can't hate him anymore. When Jack embarks upon a journey across time to bring home his wife and two daughters, he discovers he is also on a journey to find himself - and the person he forgot he wanted to be. You will not want to put this book down as you find yourself becoming drawn in to a tale of redemption and love. This book far exceeded my expectations - I couldn't stop turning to the next page!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, December 18, 2011
This review is from: Six Bits (Kindle Edition)
This book engages you from the very beginning. It moves quickly and keeps your attention throughout. It's a refreshing account of how one man's face to face encounters with his own demons forces him to determine what he is genuinely thankful for. Once recognizing that, he fights for the people he truly loves.

5.0 out of 5 stars SIX BITS, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Six Bits (Kindle Edition)
This book is a great read - fun and intriguing - but also deeply emotional. I was sure I had the ending figured out halfway through, but was surprised! I never lost interest in the story and the characters came to life immediately. The author was very descriptive in the persona of each one. The story is reminiscent of a classic dickens tale, but takes on twists that really have a life of their own. If you enjoy reading a novel with characters that you can root for - this is one to consider.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very 'special' novel, June 14, 2012
This review is from: Six Bits (Paperback)
Where do I begin with a novel that was so spectacular on so many levels? This novel was so emotive, thought-provoking and engaging I was unable to put it down for even a second due to the most original and mesmerizing storyline that I have encountered this year. The fluidity of the writing and use of language was perfect making this tale so atmospheric, realistic and truly believable that you ended up getting lost within. I absolutely loved the elements of surprise that kept you guessing throughout, making it an absolutely griping and thrilling book that takes you on the most exciting and emotional rollercoaster journey. It highlights the most important things in life with love and family VS money and the extreme lengths that one would go to in order to hold onto what is most dear. Each character was so memorable and unique, whom I was able to relate to and empathize with on a personal level with their story and their life that draws you into the storyline of the book. It's a novel that will overwhelm you totally and one that is now etched within my mind always, being something that I would read again and again. The drama, fast-paced action, mystery and intensity of the plot was thoroughly exciting and so enjoyable, with such a depth and complexity to the storyline that blew me away; indeed the writer's skill and accomplishment really did astonish me. I connected with the main character instantly and allowed myself to journey with them along their quest, hence experiencing the excitement, danger and emotions with them as if placing myself within the pages. I was deeply moved by such great writing thus I cannot enthuse enough about it, and I do strongly urge to those who have not read this particular novel to do so as it will have a huge impact upon your life and current experiences within literature. It is a book that has expanded the literary boundaries, adding new layers of depth within writing that goes even deeper with each time that you read it hence discovering something new. This has to be my favorite read this year and one that takes pride of place on top of the bookshelf, with a label attached to it saying `special'.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN EXCEPTIONALLY WRITTEN NOVEL THAT IS DEEPLY AFFECTING, March 18, 2012
This review is from: Six Bits (Paperback)
"Jack London Clarke has just issued a stunning ultimatum to his wife. Following a damaging confrontation over his suspected infidelity, he prepares to flee his suburban Chicago estate when a knock upon the front door delivers a most unlikely character, who sends Jack's personal life spinning out of control.

Consumed by a life of entitlement, excess, and temptation, Jack has grown ignorant to his own moral decay and his hardened heart has pushed the three women who love him most to the brink. When his family turns up missing, he is forced to face the reality of his ways, and the realization that the life he once had, but never knew, may be lost forever.

With a rejuvenated thirst for his family's forgiveness and with only a mysterious telegram, improbable e-mail, and antique newspaper as his guides, Jack is thrust into an epic, unsuspecting journey of redemption and self-discovery."

What a truly brilliant book- started reading it- and the magnificent writing grabbed me from the start- a unique- deeply affecting read on a life lived solely on self will- and the ache and angst of redemption.

Jack London Clarke a fellow one is not very fond of in the beginning, yet with the outstanding narrative skills of Michael Ringering, the reader truly comes to know Clarke, and in many ways identifies with his reliance on self...and how it has failed him in the most deepest of ways. Michael Ringering is so adept at fashioning facinating characters and plot twists, that Jack's long journey toward self-actualization is both engaging and very touching. The reader,in a very real sense, grows in understanding of Jack's life (past, present and future) alongside Jack, and with the magical as well as lyrical prose of Michael Ringering - this is a journey very well worth taking!

A JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB MUST READ

RICK FRIEDMAN
FOUNDER
THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB

1.0 out of 5 stars Trite!, February 6, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Michael Ringering Pens a Page Turner, March 29, 2012
This review is from: Six Bits (Paperback)
SIX BITS, a novel by Michael Ringering, is one of those stories that compel the reader to find every free moment to read. The characters, subplots, settings, and timelines are like pieces of a patchwork quilt that are gradually stitched together to create a work of beauty. But that beauty is only complete after those wrinkled quilt pieces are ironed out and the loose stitches redone. The characters are ones we can relate to. The emotional issues and broken relationships are believable because they are similar to those conceivably experienced by us, our friends, and members of our families. The main character, Jack Clarke, is taken back to an earlier place in time where he is forced to review his relationships with his family and his God. Through supernatural events and the pain filled searching of his soul, Jack Clarke finds redemption and renewed love for his wife and two daughters. Readers are left with the urge to reflect upon the relationships in their own lives and to consider placing their lives in the hands of a higher being.

Six Bits
Six Bits by Michael Ringering (Paperback - December 20, 2011)
$16.95 $14.86