5.0 out of 5 stars A great story!
I have read complaints from other people who can't get past the mistakes in the authors typing and I am just totally blown away that a few mistakes would make someone be so picky.

Published 3 months ago by Shelley Deuso

3.0 out of 5 stars A good start, that just needs some polish...
I just finished reading the book and the story is interesting enough to try the second. I am an avid reader of the zombie genre and I enjoy seeing new takes on them. Coley's version does not disappoint in bringing a different approach to the genre.

Published on November 7, 2012 by Chad Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars A good start, that just needs some polish..., November 7, 2012
This review is from: Six Feet From Hell: Response (Kindle Edition)

Response does a pretty good job of showing how average people would deal with the event.I know some people may think having a buddy loaded up with guns is a bit farfetched, but trust me my brother and a friend of mine have enough ammo and weaponry to make you laugh at Jamie, so this idea was very believable for me. I did have some issues with the crew at Joe's home but I am willing to give Coley a chance to further introduce us to them and to expand upon their stories. I loaned it to a friend of mine and his knock on it was that it was just too convenient all the people were EMTs or some such medical profession. I told him that we are all football coaches and that we would be together if the stuff hit the fan. It is their peer and professional group so it is very believable.

As far as the knocks on the grammar and what not, if you have ever sat down and tried to write anything, we all make mistakes. I teach 11th grade American Literature and have to grade 50 to 75 research papers every year, so I know just how tough it is to edit someone's writing, so cut the man some slack. He has a good story to tell, so give him time to fix all the little errors and enjoy the series.

P.S.
I don't know the man, so my review is not "tainted" with fanboy favoritism as some people have accused other reviewers of being.

2.0 out of 5 stars Run away screaming, March 22, 2013
This review is from: Six Feet From Hell: Response (Kindle Edition)
With respect, the author needs more time writing. The spelling and grammar errors are just too much to handle. Odd phraseology and redundant word usage was extremely tedious. I almost stopped reading a few times. It was only $.99 but I felt overcharged. I never believed I would write a review this negative. The situations read like the author got lost in some Hill Folk Joke gone bad. How does one use would flooring to reinforce "Plastic" single wide doors anyway? Why use the Single wide when you have a building built on site? Defending a Mobile home from the undead is not very plausible, even in a Zombie Novel. The author might have a chance some day, but he needs major refinement.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book but........., November 12, 2012
This review is from: Six Feet From Hell: Response (Kindle Edition)
This was a good book with a cast of believable characters. I love the zombie genre and I'm always looking for a new voice and outlook to how the average "Joe" would handle the end of the world. The author gave some great descriptions without being overly graphic. This book is a quick read without bogging the reader down.

There were two major concerns for me. The first was the grammar and punctuation errors throughout the book. Some were very basic but repeated over and over again. The second was some of the dialogue, it seemed hurried and unrealistic in places.

If you can ignore the problems, you will find that this is an entertaining book.

1.0 out of 5 stars edit edit edit edit, August 14, 2012
This review is from: Six Feet From Hell: Response (Kindle Edition)
I'm only 3% into this book and the number of distracting errors is horrendous.

The syntax is cringeworhty.

Furthermore I tell you, not one time, not two times, but 3 times, this is true.

BTW, did I mention the word edit?

If this is not a really good story the rating is staying pegged at one. If it is an awesome story the best I'll give it is a three. This is presuming the writing errors continue. If they do not, I'll reconsider.

Later:

I can't finish this book. The book is written that poorly.

This book needs to be gone through sentence by sentence, word by word, and set right.

Personally, I give the author and his buddies their props. Not only for supporting their author friend but for the way he sees them. Fellow's, that's not enough.
[It's smile worthy that he perceives his wife as being that tough.]

Mr. Coley, take this book down. Spend the next six months re-writing it. Read every sentence aloud. Then speak each sentence, word by word. If the sentence doesn't sound right the odds are the sentence won't read right. This isn't an absolute rule, as I'm certain exceptions must exist, but generally when I'm in doubt it works for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story!, August 6, 2014
Shelley Deuso (Montgomery Center, Vermont United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Six Feet From Hell: Response (Kindle Edition)

I did notice some mistakes but never at anytime did it make me think less of this book. I loved it from the start and give my best quote. "It wasn't long enough", meaning I didn't want it to end!

I loved the fact that a new storyline was used with our characters being part of an ambulance service and Joseph gave us a reason why it happened. A lot of the stories I read in the apocalyptic/zombie genre are started with no real explanation.

I am very excited to start on the next in the series. Thank you sir for a wonderful book!

4.0 out of 5 stars The whole 'Six Feet From Hell' serious is a great read for zombie fans, August 6, 2014
This review is from: Six Feet From Hell: Response (Kindle Edition)
The whole 'Six Feet From Hell' serious is a great read for zombie fans. A zombie story with a more believable source of the cause of the zombie invasion. I would recommend it to fellow 'zombie fans'. I really like the story line and the characters. I only gave it 4 stars because a better job of editing for typos and miss used word etc. should have been done before publication. Other wise, it would have gotten 5 stars from me. Go ahead and get the rest of the series because once you read this first book you will not be able to stop reading.......till the last book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Grammar school, March 27, 2013
This review is from: Six Feet From Hell: Response (Kindle Edition)
Another in a series if books with bad grammar and misspelled words. It is frustrating to read books that have this problem. When characters do stupid things in life and death situations you just have to wonder how author thinks its interesting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank You, Mr. Coley!!, October 29, 2012
This review is from: Six Feet From Hell: Response (Kindle Edition)
Okay, there's lots of problems with this novel. The grammar, spelling and sentence structure are horrible. The author will repeat a phrase over and over, which is a little jarring and throws off the flow of the narrative. He sometimes forgets who started the conversation and switches speakers in the same paragraph. The plotting is rough and unbelieveable in spots....

But all that considered, this is a GREAT story. I couldn't stop reading it. I liked most of the characters. The action moves FAST. The story hooked me from page one. I liked it so much, I read it in one evening, then downloaded the follow up book and read half of that in the same evening.

So here's my recommendation: If you enjoy zombie novels and action, get this book and read it. Enjoy it and come back for more. The author is a good, old-fashioned storyteller and he tells one rip-roaring zombie tale. His writing, I'm sure, will improve over time. I just want him to keep on writing!!

4.0 out of 5 stars really good first book, September 5, 2012
This review is from: Six Feet From Hell: Response (Kindle Edition)
When I read that this was a first book by an "average Joe" :-) written about his life, family and friends, and what they would in the event of a zombie apocalypse I didn't expect much. I was pleasantly surprised. I think all of us hooked on the zombie genre wonder how we would react in the event of such a world wide disaster, well this author actually put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard, or stylus to...you get the idea.)
I kind of expected it to be pretty corny, filled with unreal heroic gestures and grandstanding from the author pertaining to his character. Hey, we are all the hero in our own fantasys. It was nothing like that. He was a pretty humble main character. I guess what I am trying to say is that it was real, as far as any zombie book can be. It was exactly what he said it was going to be; a story about what a real guy (see average Joe reference) and his friends and family would do. The cause of the zombies was an unusual one. I have spent most of my summer with the zombies, in books anyway, meaning that I have read a lot of zombie books and this was an unusual format for zombie infection. Other than that he stuck to the standard open arms, moaning Z's which I liked. I don't mind a little evolution for the zombies but I think it is important to stick pretty close to the standard, otherwise they are not zombies, right?
All in all, a good read. I am looking forward to the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book ... MUST READ!!, April 24, 2012
This review is from: Six Feet From Hell: Response (Kindle Edition)
It is an amazing read!!! I got the book last night and couldn't put it down! If you have a liking for zombies this is a must read!! I hope the second book is out very soon like it should have been released yesterday!!!! Hope it's not a long wait!

Six Feet From Hell: Response