Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

on November 7, 2012
I just finished reading the book and the story is interesting enough to try the second. I am an avid reader of the zombie genre and I enjoy seeing new takes on them. Coley's version does not disappoint in bringing a different approach to the genre.

Response does a pretty good job of showing how average people would deal with the event.I know some people may think having a buddy loaded up with guns is a bit farfetched, but trust me my brother and a friend of mine have enough ammo and weaponry to make you laugh at Jamie, so this idea was very believable for me. I did have some issues with the crew at Joe's home but I am willing to give Coley a chance to further introduce us to them and to expand upon their stories. I loaned it to a friend of mine and his knock on it was that it was just too convenient all the people were EMTs or some such medical profession. I told him that we are all football coaches and that we would be together if the stuff hit the fan. It is their peer and professional group so it is very believable.

As far as the knocks on the grammar and what not, if you have ever sat down and tried to write anything, we all make mistakes. I teach 11th grade American Literature and have to grade 50 to 75 research papers every year, so I know just how tough it is to edit someone's writing, so cut the man some slack. He has a good story to tell, so give him time to fix all the little errors and enjoy the series.

P.S.
I don't know the man, so my review is not "tainted" with fanboy favoritism as some people have accused other reviewers of being.
on March 22, 2013
With respect, the author needs more time writing. The spelling and grammar errors are just too much to handle. Odd phraseology and redundant word usage was extremely tedious. I almost stopped reading a few times. It was only $.99 but I felt overcharged. I never believed I would write a review this negative. The situations read like the author got lost in some Hill Folk Joke gone bad. How does one use would flooring to reinforce "Plastic" single wide doors anyway? Why use the Single wide when you have a building built on site? Defending a Mobile home from the undead is not very plausible, even in a Zombie Novel. The author might have a chance some day, but he needs major refinement.
on August 14, 2012
I'm only 3% into this book and the number of distracting errors is horrendous.

The syntax is cringeworhty.

Furthermore I tell you, not one time, not two times, but 3 times, this is true.

BTW, did I mention the word edit?

If this is not a really good story the rating is staying pegged at one. If it is an awesome story the best I'll give it is a three. This is presuming the writing errors continue. If they do not, I'll reconsider.

Later:

I can't finish this book. The book is written that poorly.

This book needs to be gone through sentence by sentence, word by word, and set right.

Personally, I give the author and his buddies their props. Not only for supporting their author friend but for the way he sees them. Fellow's, that's not enough.
[It's smile worthy that he perceives his wife as being that tough.]

Mr. Coley, take this book down. Spend the next six months re-writing it. Read every sentence aloud. Then speak each sentence, word by word. If the sentence doesn't sound right the odds are the sentence won't read right. This isn't an absolute rule, as I'm certain exceptions must exist, but generally when I'm in doubt it works for me.
on December 17, 2014
I think this is a great story. I will not leave a review for a book unless I have finished the book. I think it is ludicrous to slam a book without finishing. Are there some grammer issues? Yes. The story more than makes up for that in my opinion. I thought the story had great action throughout the book. The characters were interesting and well written. The zombie genre is so full of stories it is refreshing to see a different take on the subject. I have purchased the rest of this series. I want to hear the rest of the story.
on August 30, 2015
JC has written a novel about the living dead, how they came to be, how to defeat them and where to hide if you were still human. The part offered is an excellent read for the genre. However, "To Be Continued" as an ender for a series book is tantamount to a verbal laxative. Every book should stand on its on.....ER
on November 12, 2012
This was a good book with a cast of believable characters. I love the zombie genre and I'm always looking for a new voice and outlook to how the average "Joe" would handle the end of the world. The author gave some great descriptions without being overly graphic. This book is a quick read without bogging the reader down.

There were two major concerns for me. The first was the grammar and punctuation errors throughout the book. Some were very basic but repeated over and over again. The second was some of the dialogue, it seemed hurried and unrealistic in places.

If you can ignore the problems, you will find that this is an entertaining book.
on August 6, 2014
I have read complaints from other people who can't get past the mistakes in the authors typing and I am just totally blown away that a few mistakes would make someone be so picky.

I did notice some mistakes but never at anytime did it make me think less of this book. I loved it from the start and give my best quote. "It wasn't long enough", meaning I didn't want it to end!

I loved the fact that a new storyline was used with our characters being part of an ambulance service and Joseph gave us a reason why it happened. A lot of the stories I read in the apocalyptic/zombie genre are started with no real explanation.

I am very excited to start on the next in the series. Thank you sir for a wonderful book!
on December 5, 2014
Really like the premise and the characters but the reading experience was diluted for me by the need to edit. There are enough grammatical errors that I found myself wondering if perhaps the author did it intentionally, as in a literary device. Upon further consideration, I think not.

That said, the lack of editing does not deter me from reading the next in the series..
on November 22, 2014
This is one of the better zombie tales that I've read in a while. Good enough that I'm going to have to read the second book to see what happens. I think the characters are likeable and there may be 2 or 3 that I really like. So I'm sure a few.of them will die a long the way! Mostly I'll be happy to see them get out of that death trap trailer! Yep, I'd recommend this book and author.
on August 6, 2014
The whole 'Six Feet From Hell' serious is a great read for zombie fans. A zombie story with a more believable source of the cause of the zombie invasion. I would recommend it to fellow 'zombie fans'. I really like the story line and the characters. I only gave it 4 stars because a better job of editing for typos and miss used word etc. should have been done before publication. Other wise, it would have gotten 5 stars from me. Go ahead and get the rest of the series because once you read this first book you will not be able to stop reading.......till the last book.