Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Six Hours One Friday: Anchoring to the Power of the Cross (Chronicles of the Cross)
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 29, 1999
This book that has several short stories was what helped me through the death of my little brother. One of the brief stories within the book is called "The sparkle from eternity that takes a story from the life of Jesus and brings it to a modern form and causes you to do some serious soul searching and can change the way you look at life and death. I would and have recommended this book to many of my friends who have in turn, recommended this book to many of their friends and all have talked about it's life changing message.
on March 4, 2002
I have several of Max Lucado's books, and have never been disappointed. This book puts Jesus death and resurrection in language and thoughts we can under today without losing the biblical meaning. He creates a clear picture and stirs up emotion. Most of the time he brings in someone else's point of view that maybe you hadn't thought of. I highly recommend this book, I read it every Easter.
on December 24, 1999
Great book for new Christians, mature Christians, and anyone curious about Christianity. Very uplifting. I plan to share this book, and to read it over many times.
on March 30, 1999
Life throws us many curves and this book shows us that we are NEVER in a hopeless situation. We sometimes find it hard to love ourselves, but God's love is constant and unconditional. That is a great hope for all!
on September 15, 2000
I bought the book as a gift, but decided to read it first to see if it was ok to give...I was certainly surprised, I was even brought to tears in a lot of chapters...especially when Max does a re-telling of the ruler's daughter in a modern setting. Wow!
Makes a great gift, for others & one's self!
on September 17, 2003
In six hours Jesus accomplished his redemptive work and in so doing brought meaning to man's life. Max Lucado weaves contemporary stories together with Biblical events to bring a fresh and multi-faceted view of how people were affected by what Jesus did. There's the prodigal son, the woman caught in adultery, the widow of Nain, Lazarus, the thief at the cross among others. All saw new meaning to life, experienced forgiveness from God, and the promise of resurrection and eternal life when they came to the Saviour. The last chapter was the most touching and described the final glance as Max's dad lay dying, paralleling it with the final look by the centurion as Jesus died on the cross.
This book is inspiring and explains the anchor points that you should hold onto when life's hurricanes hit. That basically Jesus has done it all for you on the cross, and that your life is not futile, your failures are not fatal, and your death is not final. Jesus has purchased you with His Blood, and promises you forgiveness of sins if you come to him, and not only that, but eternal life. Therefore anchor your soul to the Rock of Salvation and He will hold onto you throughout life's storms.
on February 20, 2000
So easy to read and understand. The chapter tilted 'The Golden Golbet' gave me the simplest picture of God's love and grace for me. I have read this book three times and continue to give it as gifts to people I meet.
on June 15, 2001
A classic from 1989 this book tells Christians how much God loves them. With the big idea of our lives are not futile. Our failures are not fatal and our deaths are not final. Each chapter of this book begins with an personal illustration from the author and then moves into the life of Christ. I have read this book at least three times. Each time I read it this book stirs me. I don't know how many tears have fallen while reading this book. If you have never read this book I strongly encourage you to do so. You will not be disappointed.
on May 24, 1999
It is a great book! I would suggest this book to anyone with struggles in their life. It has really provoked me to take a good look at my life as a hole. I love the way Mr. Lucado brings Jesus to life for us.....
on February 7, 1998
A wonderful book for anyone. However I would recommend it for someone seeking after Christ. You do not have to be goig through a tought time to enjoy this book.