Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Flavor: Vanilla Cream|Size: 2 Pound|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on December 15, 2014
59 YEAR OLD FORMER COMPETITIVE BODYBUILDER IS PROMULGATING... LISTEN UP! Six Star Whey Protein is as good as any, and better than most. It's made by industry giant Muscletech and renamed Six Star just to get it in Walmart at an affordable price. One scoop gives you 30 grams of protein, 2.5g creatine and good helping of BCAA's. I've been in the gym for 42 yrs, so I've been around the block a few times. I once attended a bodybuilding seminar given by Boyer Coe. He told us straight out that 90% of what you read in the muscle mags is BS, so don't get caught up in all the hype about all of these expensive proteins being offered out there. Just go with Six Star...it's more than adequate. Remember, it's all about the training and genetics. Train hard, train smart and train consistently. There are alot of pros out there that are pushing all kinds of supplements. What they aren't telling you is that they are taking HGH, Deca, synthetic testosterone, Winstrol, etc... If you want to get big and stay healthy, all you really need is Six Star protein, CLA, preworkout, boron, zinc and a miltivitamin. If you are over 40, add D-Aspartic acid. Oh yeah, and train like a man possessed. I'm in the process a formulating a homemade preworkout that costs 65 cents a serving. One serving will blow your socks off..stay tuned. Stay hungry, my friends!
22 comments|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2013
When my wife dragged me back to the gym, I figured I would need to increase my protein and calorie intake. I'm one of those impossibly skinny guys who looks like a tree branch compared to the muscle-bound behemoths in the gym. And if I have to be there anyway, I might as well do what I can to put on a few pounds, right?

This is not my first time trying protein powders. I've tried various other brands over the years, and in my experience, they taste like broken dreams. They taste like watching your favorite pet get run over by a middle-aged guy in a Camaro... who then backs up, runs over your pet again, flips you the bird, and then drives away cackling wildly while Nickelback blasts from his custom speakers.

Now, this review is for the Six Star Elite Whey Triple Chocolate protein powder. Let me first say that I tried the Vanilla flavor, and I thought it was horrid. I could almost feel it curdling in my stomach. Bleh. The Triple Chocolate, though, is surprisingly "not bad." I won't go as far as "delicious" or even "good," but let's face it - you're using a protein powder to help your body build muscle, not to enjoy a delightful culinary experience. And in that context, I can live with "not bad."

I'll also say that it blends more smoothly than the other protein powders I've tried. Maybe that's because I've just started mixing it in an electric blender with 8 oz. of whole milk per two scoops of powder. I mix it just before I head for the gym, and haven't noticed any significant settling (I drink it immediately before and after workouts).

I'm still pretty new at this weight training thing (at least this time around), so I can't tell you it has miraculously turned me into a hulking specimen of male physical perfection. I will tell you, though, that by adding three shakes per day (about 1,500 calories total with whole milk), I've put on 9 lbs. in 5 weeks. If all continues to go well, it won't be long before I cast a shadow when I turn sideways!

To sum it up: It's not lumpy when mixed with an electric blender; it doesn't taste like crying; and I've gotten decent results so far. I can't ask for much more than that.
99 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2013
I had gastric bypass surgery 9 months ago and need to get 60-70 grams of protein everyday. This is the best product I've found so far. I have tried pretty much everything from soup to nuts cheap to the most expensive and by far this is the least expensive fewest calories and low sugars and carbs for the biggest bang for your buck. I finally tried this one a month ago it is the six star nutrition whey protein elite series triple chocolate from the makers of Muscletech. It is very filling but that is the point to not feel hungry all the time, so I use 1 scoop with 5 oz water in the morning and the second scoop in the late afternoon getting all my protein needs in without all the extra calories.

Not sure why some say it's hard to mix. This is the easiest and best protein to use. I use a shaker bottle with the waffle looking insert and it shakes into a smooth lump free drink there are no clumps or chunks what so ever. I do not like the thick shakes I prefer them to be smooth and light and it goes down easily. I prefer water vs milk once again fewer calories using water but each to their own and what your goals are.

Not sure why so many say it is hard to mix and lumpy, I use very cold water, pour the water into my shaker first then add my 1 level scoop of protein and shake for a few seconds and you have a quick and easy meal with half of your protein in for the day or if you do a second scoop you meet 100% of your protein needs at least for those WLS patients.
on May 21, 2014
Previously this was my favorite protein (bought at another store). The stuff I got from this order is the bad formula of this protein.

This bad "formula" is 160 calories, 42g serving size and no Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate. It tastes like METALLIC-VANILLA MEDICINE!! (expiration date of NOV 2014)

The GOOD formula (truly creamy vanilla taste) can be distinguished by the following on the label: 170 calories, 44g serving size, and Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate in the Whey Protein Blend (3 proteins). Curious that they may be returning to this formula since I found some at a local store with an expiration date (normally two years) at the end of 2015.

Don't order this formula. You will be sorry.
on June 20, 2011
I have been using this protein for about 3 weeks now. I have changed nothing in my workout routine other than having a post workout protein drink. I am amazed at how within days I noticed my recovery time was reduced, muscle ache was almost non existent and I could literally feel the increased muscle mass. At first I chalked it up to being in my head but after about two weeks the results were obvious. My wife who didn't know I added this element asked me if I had been working out more. I've had several protein drinks before and always felt like I was drinking sand. This stuff is great tasting and if you use a shaker and mix it as long as it says on the can its actually quite smooth. I use different things to mix with this and the vanilla flavor is a great base for anything. I've had it in fruit smoothies, just water, and my favorite, soy milk & a powdered iced latte mix. I'm so glad I found this and it's priced right. For those complaining about how much was in the can, it's priced by weight and you get just as much as the can says it has.
1010 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2015
Rated one star because you can't give negative stars. I have been a loyal customer since that Consumer Reports study that found Six Stars among the lowest in heavy metal contaminants, of the protein supplements that were tested several years ago. Since the product has changed dramatically since then I am no longer sure that is still the case. What is certain is that Six Stars has decided its customers need massive doses of Calcium - 555 mg!!!! - and this in addition to 190 mg of Iron that I didn't ask for. Both calcium and iron supplementation can cause constipation. If you mix this chocolate flavored chalk with milk, like most of us do, that's another 300 mg. or so. I had no idea what was causing my constipation so I tried a lot of things, laxatives gave me explosive gas, temporary watery relief, then back to dry black hard stools, and very rare bowel movements - but still lots of gas. I also tried probiotics, especially Activia - my use of Activia may have done more harm than good since it also contains a lot of calcium. Factor in your multivitamin or other calcium containing supplements if you take one, and any dairy you eat or drink, and any other calcium containing foods and you are ingesting a mega-dose of Calcium, almost certainly way more than you need. If you take Tums for heartburn like me you might as well seal your exit with crazy glue, you may never crap again.
This is a product marketed to healthy men primarily, who specifically do not need massive amounts of Iron or Calcium. The amounts are indefensible, though I am aware high doses of protein may increase calcium excretion a little, this is just a ridiculous amount, and I can attest to the ill effects it will have on your bowel. They should add a warning label. I thought I must have colon cancer or an intestinal blockage. Stopped taking this crap - NOW has a good supplement with no additives, that's my new priority in protein supplements.
Also this contains articulate sweeteners that may also be harmful if used on a regular basis.
P.S. Since I recently stopped this I had a dramatic reversal of symptoms, may have pooped out 3 days of buildup just so far today. When you're constipated you have no appetite - because you're literally full of you know what - and you feel stale and run down all the time. Never thought I'd be so relieved by something so mundane.
on April 9, 2015
Ordered 2 tubs of strawberry. Got 2 tubs of vanila. Containers were sealed
review image
on February 25, 2015
This was absolutely disgusting, I wasted fruit for my smoothie. I had been buying this for about a year and a half and it was delicious. Like another reviewer mentioned, they changed the formula. There is nothing even remotely vanilla tasting in this. Even the smell is noticeably different, it's like a can of paint. The people at SixStar should give themselves a pat on the back, they ruined a perfectly good product. Not sure how you can tell the two apart. I've provided label for the bad one.
review image
on October 9, 2014
This is excellent. I'm nearly 70 and I try to do three hard sessions in the gym every week. I mix up a shake when I get home and take a nap and after a couple of hours I'm ready for anything. It tastes way too good to be good for you, it's like a treat, and I admit sometimes on a weekend I skip a meal and have a shake instead. Sometimes more than one.
on September 14, 2012
I see a bunch of people complaining about empty space in the container. :facepalm:
I imagine these are the same people who write nasty letters to potato chip companies because there's so much empty space in those bags. :double facepalm:

People - products like these are sold by WEIGHT. Not by volume. Weight. If it comes in a 40 gallon drum and you get your 2 pounds of powder, then you're not getting ripped off. It's wasteful packaging, maybe, but you're getting what you paid for. Read labels, learn about 3rd grade physics, and grow up.

Anywho, on to the actual product. I've tried a bunch of whey protein powders and just got finished panning the Body Fortress stuff. Yuck. I got this stuff at Walgreens because the Careone stuff I used to get was out of stock.

I like this stuff. It tastes different than other chocolate whey protein powders I've had - it's kind of malty. I don't particularly like malt flavor, but it's pretty good. And way better than the sawdust and bug flavor of the Body Fortress stuff. It's not milk chocolatey or dark chocolatey, it's more like malted milk balls if you like that sort of thing.

It also mixes very smoothly. I use 16 oz of milk and 40g of powder and I use a hand blender because I don't want to deal with shakers and sludge. There's a little powder left in the bottom at the end but if I swish the milk around before I take the last few sips, I get virtually all the powder. It's the best-dissolving powder I've found so far.

I wish it were more milky and less malty, but otherwise it seems like a good whey powder. I like it better than the Careone and way better than the awful Body Fortress sludge.
22 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse