From the Publisher
This book is a step-by-step guide for getting a successful business up and running fast. It covers all aspects of launching a business, from licenses, to bookkeeping to marketing to setting up shop. Everything is presented in a step-by-step format with checklists, worksheets, and top-notch advice from one of Americas most highly regarded business writers.
This book is for you if:
* Youre currently in the process of starting your own business and want to get things done as efficiently as possible, yet still do them right.
* You want to make certain you take care of all the details of getting a business underway, organize the process, and get some good advice.
* Youre going to start a business soon and need a plan on how to go about it.
* You have an idea for a business but dont know where to start.
* You already run a business but would like to improve operations, marketing, and/or take care of essential aspects of growing a company.
* Youre a student in an entrepreneurship or small business class and need to launch a complete business in a limited time period.
You probably do not need this book if:
* Youve been in business many years, and youre not expanding or changing your business significantly.
* Youve started many businesses successfully before and are starting another one; while this book may be a good organizing tool, its likely to cover information youve already learned from experience.
* You have no idea whatsoever of what business you want to start. If thats the case, consider "What Business Should I Start?" also published by The Planning Shop. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Inside Flap
For many would-be business owners, coming up with a great business idea is easy; it's getting the business up and running that's overwhelming! If you're ready to start your business, but have no idea where to begin, this new book by best-selling author and nationally-syndicated columnist Rhonda Abrams is for you!
Rhonda breaks down the entire process of launching a business into a six week process. Each week, you'll address specific goals and tasks, such as developing your company brand (name, logo, etc.), analyzing your competition, or finding an office or retail location. And at every step of the way, Rhonda will be there to provide specific instructions, tips, advice, and resources.
Week-by-Week Checklists. See exactly what you need to do on a weekly basis. Each checklist item corresponds to detailed information about getting that task done quickly.
Dozens of Worksheets. These carefully designed tools help you work through important issues and decisions.
"Questions to Ask." Before you meet with an accountant, lawyer, investor, graphic designer, potential employees, or others, make sure you're armed with these lists of important questions for them.
"Red Tape Alerts." Stay out of trouble in areas related to taxes, laws, employment rules, and more.
Comparison Shopping Charts. Make smart purchasing decisions on everything from computers to office space.
Comprehensive Resource Links. Find the key information you need quickly and accurately.
Expert Advice. Rhonda's books have helped literally thousands of businesses get off the groundshe can help you, too!
Clarifying your business concept and defining meaningful goals
Conducting market research and developing your strategic position
Handling government requirements: licenses, permits, taxes
Managing your money: bookeeping, budgets, credit cards, investors
Developing an effective marketing and sales campaign
Hiring and leading great employees
Setting up your office/store/plant effectively
Getting and staying organized --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.