5.0 out of 5 stars YES!
Published 14 months ago by Cheryl Dixon

3.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work on al embossing folders
I have a couple of embossing folders that I can't get to work on this device. When I researched it online, I found I need to order another part for that particular brand to work. I find that very annoying. My friend has a cuddle bug and she can use anything with it. Kind of wish I got the cuddle bug instead.
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars YES!, June 25, 2013
This review is from: Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (Powder Blue & Teal) by Ellison (Misc.)
I quilt! Having admitted my addiction, I can now say that Sizzix is my enabler! They make it so easy to cut large numbers of odd cuts (stars, hearts, bottles, etc) of fabric in a short amount of time, that applique quilts and quilts with odds shapes are so fast! And I don't have sore hands & wrists from cutting them out 1 at a time with scissors! Their dies & accessories are so reasonable that I can't understand why anyone would want any other brand. It also uses other brands dies! Now try beating that one! I checked out reviews on other brands & this brand & this brand beat all the others. Now I know why. For my use the Big Shot was perfect: portable, large enough for my quilting pieces, easy to store, has a large plate, uses other brands dies, reasonable prices on EVERYTHING, and a variety you can't find anywhere else. I'd be in an ad for this product in a NY second! I can only guess that if it works this well on my cloth, it will work on paper goods equally well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it but boy, couldn't they at least included one die cut with it?...Throw a customer a bone, will ya?, October 22, 2013
I happen to have ordered my own die set at the same time as this Big Shot because I had a feeling none came with the machine....and I was right! For those who want to give this as a gift you should order some die cuts to go with it so the person you give it to wont be disappointed. You'd think the manufacturer would as least give us one stinking die to use so we could try it out right away. Sheeesh!!!

I do love this machine, though. I use it to cut felt and it does a nice job. Better on real wool felt, it cuts like butter but the acrylic you need to have card stock paper under it. And if the felt is really thin, you need two pc. of card stock. Someone else mentioned this as well in their review on a die cut set. Just a pointer for those who want to cut more than paper with it....it will do it!!! Just remember to buy your own die set! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is to "die" for!, January 5, 2014
This is a great machine, user friendly and fun to anticipate the results each time!
First time users: Expect some initial confusion learning some of the names of the tools: extended multipurpose platform, impressions pad, silicone rubber mat
, etc. Most of these accessories have to be purchased separately, so make sure you add them with your order if there is a specific item you want to do that requires it.
Another learning curve is familiarizing yourself with the die names such as: Thinlits, wafer-thin die, Framelits, etc. Also building "a sandwich" takes time to learn, Videos help.
Also be prepared to see one of the acrylic boards get scratched. I though I had done something wrong, but that is the way it was supposed to be.
I just have this machine as you can use some of the other brand dies and embossing folders with it.
Good luck and have fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars Machine A+ Instructions F-, November 23, 2013
This is an awesome system for paper crafts (that is my only experience so far with this item). However......I will not give this a 5 star rating due to the lack of information that is offered or came with the machine. The makers of this item leave you more or less in the dark as far as what you might need to complete certain functions of embossing or cutting with this Big Shot machine. If you don't like to watch You Tube videos on a computer you are pretty much left out in the dark and I think that is pretty crappy customer service and education. You must depend on other more generous users to find out what you need. If not for them I would still be scratching my head about certain necessary shims or mats or other things you need to complete a function. This could all be solved with so much as a simple 1 or 2 page pamphlet enclosed within the packaging of the machine. Other than that I do like this machine, I just wish the company making it was more consumer friendly plus they would make a larger profit if they told you what you needed so you could buy it all at once!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my new Sizzix!, July 15, 2013
Anjou Brown (Washington, DC USA) - See all my reviews
I decided to switch from Cuttlebug to Sizzix and I am soooo happy!
The extended platform is so nice and the machine so sturdy! I can even say that it embosses better than the Cuttlebug with my Fiskars plates.
I can use my Cuttlebug C plate instead of the impression pad!
So, I love my new Sizzix!

5.0 out of 5 stars aka big kick, June 23, 2013
Embossing no longer requires a light box and patience. This comes with the longer tabs which I understand had to be purchased separately with previous big shots, however the cutting plates are the shorter size. basically you can use most paper cutting dies and embossing folders because of the platform size which means this machine is more versatile. other machines of a similar nature I understand are a little more limited because they have smaller platforms. Basically what you do is put your paper over your die or in your embossing folder and sandwich it between the two cutting plates. Then you place the 'sandwich' on the platform tabs, (depending on the thickness of your die/folder you may have to flip a tab), and then feed it through the machine with the crank. It will creak and moan when you feed it through and that is normal. If you are into paper crafts this is a must have. You don't have to have expensive computer programs to use it and the embossing folders and dies can be fairly inexpensive. (embossing folders run around $5 and up when not on sale) Here is the youtube video that made me see this was the right choice for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBZcwrTNrYc. Stacey at Scrapbooking Made Simple shows how to use the big shot (the older model) and talks about the advantages of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizzix 657900 Big Shot Cutting and Embossing Roller, September 19, 2013
I anticipated getting this machine for months and when I finally got it I was so happy. This is an excellent machine. I would recommend this to any card maker, scrap booker..lol. It cuts seamlessly thru thick card stock paper. At first when I tried it i thought i was putting to much pressure on the machine but the name says it all "BIG SHOT" it can handle anything. I would recommend you purchase some extra cutting pads as well. Great buy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, September 8, 2013
I looked at this machine for weeks and read all reviews over and over. I finally purchased it and I am so happy I did. It was very well protected in boxes, easy to put the handle on, and easy to use..

5.0 out of 5 stars my third Big Shot!, February 3, 2014
I LOVE this machine!! I love the color. I love that it has the longer cutting surface, because I can place many of the thin dies on it and cut them all in one pass! And the price was fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick!, May 14, 2014
MJA (Beaverton, Oregon) - See all my reviews
I've had this a week, and am loving it already.
Pros:
Sturdy footprint. It's not heavy, but doesn't feel flimsy, either.
Mechanical. The hand crank isn't going to wear out, and I don't worry about jams, a concern I read about on the Vagabond.
Versatile. It really has worked with every accessory I've tried so far.

Cons:
The Cinderella Barbie decals. I like the color, I just wish it were a little more professional looking. I know it's available in other models/colors, I just had to go with this one for the price.
The cutting plates. Why package standard size plates with the extended size platform? It's a minor concern as I can see these plates will need replacing frequently.

Rate and Discover Movies