4.0 out of 5 stars Super Thin
Published on December 7, 2006 by E. Byers

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, band sucks
I got this because I wanted a very thin watch at a reasonable price. It fits the bill well - attractive, thin, keeps time (of course). However, the paint on the band came off within a month or two, so now the band is silvery with a black tint instead of black.
Published on June 24, 2006 by Bob P.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, band sucks, June 24, 2006
Bob P. (Newport Coast, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LTMB Black Titanium Mesh Bracelet Watch (Watch)

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Thin, December 7, 2006
I read the reviews about people saying their watch scratched and lost paint on it. Mine has not done this with the exception of the clasp. Since the watch and band are titanium it should be anondized, meaning it's not going to come off. However the clasp and a few other small parts (watch hands) are made of stainless steel, so they will start losing their finish after awhile.

After wearing this watch for a few weeks, I went and put on my old stainless steel Citizen watch. It felt huge and felt like it weighed a ton. I went and weighed each of them. The Citizen came in around 4.5oz, while the Skagen came in at around 1.5oz. It is also very thin, I used to not be able to wear a watch since typing on a computer all day the band would irritate me, have not had any problems with the Skagen.

One other thing to note, the picture for this item shows the Steel watch (you can see it on the face), if you want to see a picture of the titanium one, take the product number and go to skagen's site, or google.

The skagen lost a star because of the paint coming off the clasp (not the band).

5.0 out of 5 stars Skagen Titanium is Best Watch for Those with Nickel Allergies, January 18, 2007
My son has severe reactions to the nickel used in most watches. His flesh actually blisters in reaction. Finding a watch for him has been difficult until we stumbled upon Skagen Titanium. This is his second Skagen. He wore the first for years until it was damaged in a basketball game. (He refused to take it off!) He's a junior in college now and I just purchased a second Skagen for him. In addition to being a beautiful watch, it's an excellent time piece and we don't have to worry about any negative allergic reaction.

Thanks, Skagen

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful design, but basically junk, November 1, 2006
I looked at a lot of these watches and the designs are really superb! However, like other reviewers have pointed out, the black on the band scratches easily. Also, mine arrived DOA. I took it to a watch repair place and had them check the battery. I was a bit suprised to see MADE IN CHINA stamped on the inside. They had to replace the movement. I am disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Slim Watch, September 26, 2006
JAG (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I tried to get in touch with Skagen to get the actual grade of the watch, but even after 6 months, no answer. Titanium is strong but its alloy is greater (Aircraft Grade, of commercial grade is used in many cases for an almost scratchless effect). This may be only pure titanium (like a pure gold, softer, hypoallergenic and usually preffered, but its lasting quite nicely. I have worn this watch every other day and there are no scratches on the titanium or the crystal even after banging against walls and stainless steel.

The Stainless steel band obviously is not as great but i havent seen any scratches on it either. I am very happy with this watch and would recommend to anyone who doesnt want to spend too much. This watch is great quality and great design. It's shaped like a spaceship on the bottom kind of, so when its worn it looks even thinner than it actually is. I love it. Slim and elegant, perfect watch to wear to impress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Skagen Watch, April 3, 2007
This is my second skagen titanium watch and both are great products. I have one silver and the latest is black. Both watches wear and feel great when worn, they look sleek and nice while being very durable, and yes, they keep excellent time. I am very impressed with the quality and will definitely have Skagen in mind when it's time to purchase another watch. You will love this watch. You can wear it for style, for dress and casual; it's a good fit for all occassions.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking watch, but band comes apart, September 20, 2008
Robert Bush (Southern California) - See all my reviews
Awesome watch...until the some of the woven metal links in the band came apart and started snagging on any cloth that came near my wrist. Not too expensive to replace the band, but still a hassle.

4.0 out of 5 stars thin and sleek, March 18, 2007
great watch! I have had mine for several years. very elegant and very lightweight. The only issue I had with the watch is that the black mesh wears off over time. Eventually the whole band turns a metallic gray/black. I recently lost mine after several years of trouble free use and plan on buying a new one even with the worn band.....

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Face, Weak Band, January 28, 2009
I last bought a Skagen watch two years ago. The quality was excellent, and I have been happy with the watch ever since. Unfortunately, the quality of Skagen watches appears to have gone down in the interim. I ordered this watch because it looks classy. While the face is classy, the band leaves something to be desired. Skagen has decreased the width and thickness of their watch bands. The band looks far too small for the size of the face. Furthermore, the clasp does not fit securely, and jingles whenever I move my writs. Furthermore, the area around the clasp was painted sloppily. The paint does not extend entirely underneath it, and parts of the clasp are unpainted.
While the face of the watch is still attractive, they removed the second hand. While the watch's face is still stylish, the quality of the band and the watch overall do not justify its price. All of this speaks to cost cutting since the last time I purchased a Skagen watch, and the overall effect is that of a stylish watch executed cheaply and poorly. I would not recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite watch!, January 3, 2007
NZee "NZee" (Twin Cities, MN) - See all my reviews
I've had two Skagen Watches and have to say they are my favorite. I love the large face and the Titanium bracelet (you don't have to remove the watch in order to shower!). A lot of people have complimented me on the watch, too. Given the price and quality, you can't go wrong. If you ever need a part replaced, you just send it to Skagen; the work is completed in a couple of weeks! In summary: an elegant watch at a reasonable price.

Rate and Discover Movies