Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skagen Men's 233LTMB Black Titanium Mesh Bracelet Watch
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on June 24, 2006
I got this because I wanted a very thin watch at a reasonable price. It fits the bill well - attractive, thin, keeps time (of course). However, the paint on the band came off within a month or two, so now the band is silvery with a black tint instead of black.
VINE VOICEon December 7, 2006
I read the reviews about people saying their watch scratched and lost paint on it. Mine has not done this with the exception of the clasp. Since the watch and band are titanium it should be anondized, meaning it's not going to come off. However the clasp and a few other small parts (watch hands) are made of stainless steel, so they will start losing their finish after awhile.

After wearing this watch for a few weeks, I went and put on my old stainless steel Citizen watch. It felt huge and felt like it weighed a ton. I went and weighed each of them. The Citizen came in around 4.5oz, while the Skagen came in at around 1.5oz. It is also very thin, I used to not be able to wear a watch since typing on a computer all day the band would irritate me, have not had any problems with the Skagen.

One other thing to note, the picture for this item shows the Steel watch (you can see it on the face), if you want to see a picture of the titanium one, take the product number and go to skagen's site, or google.

The skagen lost a star because of the paint coming off the clasp (not the band).
on September 26, 2006
I tried to get in touch with Skagen to get the actual grade of the watch, but even after 6 months, no answer. Titanium is strong but its alloy is greater (Aircraft Grade, of commercial grade is used in many cases for an almost scratchless effect). This may be only pure titanium (like a pure gold, softer, hypoallergenic and usually preffered, but its lasting quite nicely. I have worn this watch every other day and there are no scratches on the titanium or the crystal even after banging against walls and stainless steel.

The Stainless steel band obviously is not as great but i havent seen any scratches on it either. I am very happy with this watch and would recommend to anyone who doesnt want to spend too much. This watch is great quality and great design. It's shaped like a spaceship on the bottom kind of, so when its worn it looks even thinner than it actually is. I love it. Slim and elegant, perfect watch to wear to impress.
on January 18, 2007
My son has severe reactions to the nickel used in most watches. His flesh actually blisters in reaction. Finding a watch for him has been difficult until we stumbled upon Skagen Titanium. This is his second Skagen. He wore the first for years until it was damaged in a basketball game. (He refused to take it off!) He's a junior in college now and I just purchased a second Skagen for him. In addition to being a beautiful watch, it's an excellent time piece and we don't have to worry about any negative allergic reaction.

Thanks, Skagen
on April 12, 2013
The Skagen Men's 233LTMB Black Titanium Mesh Bracelet Watch is a very slim and good looking watch. If you're looking for a big, rugged-looking watch then this is not what you want. The watch is a lot smaller than I expected it to be, despite all the pictures and videos that I've seen on it.

If you're looking for something light, slim and just minimal then this watch is perfect. I've had it for a year and a half now and it still looks and works like new. Note that you MAY get a watch that does not look the same as the picture. Mine has the word Titanium on the very bottom instead of in the middle like the picture shows.

Watch description:
- No second-hand, only minute and hour.
- No date or any other modes.
- No back light, although it does have a lume...but that doesn't last very long.
- No numbers, just dashes to represent where the numbers are.
- Stainless steel, adjustable mesh band. May I add that it looks and feels very nice.

The clasp is very easy to open and close; once it's on, it stays on. I have never once had the clasp open up on its own. I have no clue as to why some reviewers think that it's difficult to work with. I can literally put the watch on without looking at it. The entire process actually takes me about 6 seconds and I've never used a watch with a similar clasp mechanism before.

The band IS adjustable, however I was unfamiliar with how to adjust it so I looked up a youtube video to make sure I wasn't going to break anything. It's a simple process that should take no more than 30 seconds to do once you know it.

I gave this watch 4 stars because it really is a bit small...if it was only a bit bigger it would've been perfect for me. Then again, this is based solely on my opinion.

NOTE: This watch is water RESISTANT, meaning that if you accidentally spilled drinks on it or if you somehow get caught in the rain, it will be fine. The watch is however not claimed to be water PROOF, which means that you should probably not take showers, jump in the pool or swim in the ocean with it on.
on April 3, 2007
This is my second skagen titanium watch and both are great products. I have one silver and the latest is black. Both watches wear and feel great when worn, they look sleek and nice while being very durable, and yes, they keep excellent time. I am very impressed with the quality and will definitely have Skagen in mind when it's time to purchase another watch. You will love this watch. You can wear it for style, for dress and casual; it's a good fit for all occassions.
on January 28, 2009
I last bought a Skagen watch two years ago. The quality was excellent, and I have been happy with the watch ever since. Unfortunately, the quality of Skagen watches appears to have gone down in the interim. I ordered this watch because it looks classy. While the face is classy, the band leaves something to be desired. Skagen has decreased the width and thickness of their watch bands. The band looks far too small for the size of the face. Furthermore, the clasp does not fit securely, and jingles whenever I move my writs. Furthermore, the area around the clasp was painted sloppily. The paint does not extend entirely underneath it, and parts of the clasp are unpainted.
While the face of the watch is still attractive, they removed the second hand. While the watch's face is still stylish, the quality of the band and the watch overall do not justify its price. All of this speaks to cost cutting since the last time I purchased a Skagen watch, and the overall effect is that of a stylish watch executed cheaply and poorly. I would not recommend this product.
on November 1, 2006
I looked at a lot of these watches and the designs are really superb! However, like other reviewers have pointed out, the black on the band scratches easily. Also, mine arrived DOA. I took it to a watch repair place and had them check the battery. I was a bit suprised to see MADE IN CHINA stamped on the inside. They had to replace the movement. I am disappointed.
on September 20, 2008
Awesome watch...until the some of the woven metal links in the band came apart and started snagging on any cloth that came near my wrist. Not too expensive to replace the band, but still a hassle.
on January 3, 2007
I've had two Skagen Watches and have to say they are my favorite. I love the large face and the Titanium bracelet (you don't have to remove the watch in order to shower!). A lot of people have complimented me on the watch, too. Given the price and quality, you can't go wrong. If you ever need a part replaced, you just send it to Skagen; the work is completed in a couple of weeks! In summary: an elegant watch at a reasonable price.