5.0 out of 5 stars Low Profile For the Rest of Us
Published on November 2, 2006 by southernarc

3.0 out of 5 stars A sleek nice looking, but uncomfotable watch
This is a rather sleek and nice looking watch. It has one of the thinnest cases I ever seen. This makes it very comfortable to be used with dressing shirts. Nevertheless it got to be said that the band is rather wide as well as the case by itself all of which result in an uncomfortable feeling of being clasped. Another couple of features that add to this sense of...
Published 20 months ago by Inti Burgos

5.0 out of 5 stars Low Profile For the Rest of Us, November 2, 2006
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233XLTTN Grenen Quartz 3 Hand Date Titanium Gray Watch (Watch)
Shopping for a new watch has been very frustrating. Every watch out there seems to be way too thick, exactly the thing I detest, especially when wearing a long sleeve shirt. I've been looking for a watch in the $100 range, that would be just as thin as my Gucci. No luck. Then I stumbled upon Skagen while shopping for watches. It was the jeweler who was wearing one, and the wonderful deep blue face with the titanium shell is what grabbed my eye at first. Then it was the band, unlike any other metal band I've seen before. A trip to Amazon, with a great price and free shipping, and my search was over.

I have NEVER owned a watch with a metal band before in my life, and I'm in my 40's. They never felt secure to me, and besides, I've always heard about getting your hairs caught. Leather bands have their drawbacks as well, but this band by Skagen appears to be the best of all worlds. The beautifully sublime titanium toned band is secure and attractive, and for those who think the clasp is too "complex" I'm sorry but obviously you have never encountered European engineering at it's best.

Finally, I needed a watch that I could synchronize to the second, so I opted for this style which is $5 less than the model without the second hand and the date function from amazing Amazon. The only thing I wish that was different on this watch was that it would have Roman numerals on the face. But this is so minor, that I still rate this elegant and quality watch with a resounding 5 *****

Edit: May 2009 It's now 2 1/2 years since I've been wearing this watch on a daily basis. The watch is still an extremely accurate timepiece, and it still looks as good as the day I bought it! Who could ask for more?

5.0 out of 5 stars Testament of durability., April 22, 2007
I haven't worn a watch in years. I wanted to purchase something to go with my business casual dress that would not be too overpowering and still be nice. I had been eyeing this watch for awhile and finally decided to splurge.

The watch seemed to be a bit too flashy for me when wearing blue jeans and t shirts, but that ok with me. The latch seemed to be a little bit tricky at first. Once I read the users manual and figured out how to use it I was ok.

The reason for writing this article was for its durability. I took it on vacation but didn't want to wear it through security checkpoints. I decided I would stick it in a sock and just check the bag. Once I did this and got home I decided I would wash all of my laundry. Of course I forgot and left the watch in the sock. It goes through the washer and dryer, comes out still ticking. No scratches or anything. I'm impressed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for dress or casual!, March 28, 2007
James Bowdren (Langhorne, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This is a very attractive watch - much nicer than the picture depicts. It has a deep blue sunburst dial (much like another Skagen shown on Amazon). It is very slender and the band is a standard double latch design. The band is very easy to adjust(takes a couple of minutes at most).

Besides being accurate (as expected) it has a lot of detail in the dial, (e.g. chrome around the date window) and is easy to view in all lighting situations. But it does not have a light. The large face and numbers on the dial make viewing very easy. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and feels great, December 27, 2006
D. Murphy (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I first saw this watch in a jewelry store - it looked expensive and I didn't even bother to check the price. Came across it later online and couldn't believe how reasonable the cost was - have always wanted an ultrathin watch but didn't want to spend a lot and wasn't looking for a showy jewelry watch. This is a great in-between watch; looks fabulous, the thin face and mesh band are really comfortable, but wasn't so expensive that I'm afraid to wear it. Same basic Chinese guts as every other digital watch - which means that it keeps perfect time and I can easily pop the back off and replace the battery myself.

Update Oct. 2, 2007: Less than a year old, the watch began stopping every few days. Several battery replacements had no effect. So I took them up on their lifetime guarantee, sent the watch to their service center. A week later they returned it to me with not only new works, but a new crystal and back cover, all resealed. Can't ask for better service than that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, elegant, and classy watch., April 30, 2011
Length:: 1:09 Mins

This watch goes with anything, looks great, and is very comfortable. Best value watch I have EVER seen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome time piece, January 9, 2007
I'm a picky person when it comes to watches. And I'm very rough with them. This watch has far exceeded my expectations on all accounts. Its so light I often forget I'm even wearing a watch. I've gotten several comments on it as well. The only negative thing I can say about this watch is that the mesh material of the band is difficult to get water out of. I useally take mine off to wash my hands.

Overall its a good looking, well made, tough time piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars super comfortable, great look, intelligent design, May 28, 2007
Samuel Krikorian (Charlotte, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch a while ago at Nordstrom's for much more than I should have paid, but I am still quite satisfied. The prices here on Amazon are very good and the watch looks much pricier than it actually is. It has not given me any trouble and it looks great. The chrome, detail and deep blue enamel on the dial go well with the matte finish of the titanium case. The metal mesh band is comfy and looks nice. This is a great dressy watch but it still looks good and not overly dressy if you wear it with a somewhat casual outfit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch!, August 30, 2006
J. Smith (Mt.Pleasant, TX) - See all my reviews
It looks so good I don't want to wear it for fear of scratching it. Super lite and the blue face is not done justice in the picture. If I had to gripe about something it would be the face size and band. The face is slighty larger than I expected and the knob you set the time with digs into my hand at times. The mesh band does not dry for some time after washing your hands. It tends to retaine water in the super fine mesh.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a deal!!, October 27, 2009
I saw the reviews for this watch and wasn't sure. They all said the pictures didn't do it justice but I wasn't a believer. Then I saw one at a department store. WOW! They were right. The blue is so vibrant. I tried one on and it was like I wasn't wearing anything. I have a lot of watches, but I had never worn anything like this before. I wanted to buy it right then and there but then I saw the price. Amazon had it for almost half price!!

If you want a nice casual watch and don't like big, bulky heavy watches, then give the Skagen a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Watch, September 4, 2007
I really like this watch, unfortunately I forgot to take it off while working outside and the mesh band got snagged on a tool and tore. I mended it back the best I could but it the band looks horrible with the large dent. Fortunately I found a replacement form on Skagens website and a replacement band is $15 plus shipping.