Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 7, 2011
I don't want to denigrate this fine watch until that moment, but if recent history with Skagen watches serve as any sort of warning, then the strap will inevitably fail, despite the fine workings of the watch mechanism, and I will have to discard it into a desk drawer in my office.

The reason why the strap is such an issue is that Skagen makes proprietary watch straps. This means that no one but Skagen can replace them, and also means a ridiculous amount of time and money to be spent having it repaired in their customer service center in Nevada. I don't think that paying half what you paid for the entire watch for a strap is worth it -- call me crazy.

Despite all of this, the watch looks great, functions well, and I'll appreciate it for the next year or so until the strap breaks off.
on January 11, 2012
Skagen watches are so simple, yet elegant and beautiful. The faces are so easy to read.

I own 2 and my husband has 3. One drawback of some of their watches. You can't replace the watchband. It has to be an exact match to the skagen model and purchased from Skagen.
on December 28, 2010
I got this for my husband and it is exactly what he was looking for. It is very thin and lightweight, he says he forgets he is wearing it, and that is great. he hates big bulky watches and this works wonderfully for him.
on July 10, 2011
Imagine a watch with an hour hand, a minute hand, and a sweep hand for seconds and the only other thing a tiny window that reveals the date; if you set it. Simple, handsome and it works as promised.
How very nice. ---- Richard
on March 14, 2014
I've had this watch for a few years and it hasn't missed a beat.

Pros:
Good construction
Fairly thin for its price point
Keeps time very well
Simple, muted design that goes well with any outfit

Cons:
This is the only watch I've owned in forever, so I don't know if I'm doing something incorrectly or if this is something every watch over deals with, but the date function is iffy. It somehow always has the incorrect number of days in a month. February is nonexistent, from what I've seen (haven't bothered scrolling through an entire year just to make sure). I pretty much need to just adjust the date at the beginning or end of every month.
It's also a tiny bit on the small side, like smaller and lighter than I thought it would be, but that's more of a con for my weight and size estimation skills. Looks almost like a woman's watch, at times.

Great for the price.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2012
I searched literally hundreds of watches trying to find one that I liked. I wanted one that looked good, had a day indicator, a leather band, and was under $100. I wanted something that I could wear to work or out to dinner. I finally settled for this Skagen watch, and I'm glad I did. It's a great size; not too large, not too small. It has the stylish looks of an expensive watch, without the high price. It's simply, affordable luxury. Only small complaint I have is that the leather on the bad is a little stiff. I think it will loosen up after repeated wear. Other than that, I'm very happy with my decision. I recommend this watch.
on November 24, 2010
I do not like big bulky watches and this is a great ultra thin watch. You barely know you have it on. Only down side is that I can not see the date without glasses.
on March 2, 2014
Stick with the chain link wrist band, its what really sets Skagen apart from the rest. The face is very elegant and of excellent Skagen quality, but i wish it was on a silver chain link band. There is also no way (that I know of) to swap the band, or I would pay more for another band. Its not connected to the face the same as regular Skagens.
on February 28, 2013
Sent mine back because I couldn't read the date without a flashlight and magnifying glass. This is case where design trumps function. Ended up looking like a little blemish stuck on this elegant and beautifully design face. Loved the band width and the overall size, but again the numbers were almost invisible under low light which is where I find myself frequently when checking the time. Still the design is very elegant and the scale is really attractive for a medium to large size wrist. But then again.....
on April 26, 2011
Comfortable, lightweight, simple classic style. I hadn't worn a watch in many years but needed one for my job and the transition back to watch wearing has been fairly easy with this watch. It seems fairly durable and scratch resistant, but not so much that it can be used for very rugged work.