Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skagen Men's 234XXLT Carbon Fiber Dial Titanium Mesh Watch Watch
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 6, 2012
Here's the review I wrote after buying it: Really nice watch, but big. Strap is very long. I am 5'9 male, slim athletic build, the excess strap goes three quarters of the way to the face. Can't tell from the pictures on line how huge it is. Measurements on site are not meaningful. Should have a picture on average wrist, showing how weight and height of model. I returned it and kept the 233XLTTM, which is somewhat smaller, but still big.

Here's my update, 13 months later: It was great for a year, but then the metal band started to fray in three places on the side: the metal is sticking out: looks ugly, but more important, there are loose metal strands protruding which dig into anything it touches, like my sleeves. No longer wearable. I will write to the company to see if they will stand by it and post an update.
on January 28, 2014
This watch is gorgeous. I can't actually tell immediately whether the woven carbon fiber pattern is real or fake, but it looks quite real.

Notable things:
- It is a bit bigger than other Skagen and Grenen watches
- The way the band is attached to the watch is nice looking, but has a quirk. You cannot lay the watch completely flat. And if you try to fold one band over the other (for instance, to put it in your pocket while cooking or washing your hands) it does not flatten, as most other watches would, and instead stays curled up and bulky. Previous Skagen and Grenen watches had a more conservative band attachment with the spring-pin thing, which allowed them to fold flat. It may not be a big deal to you, but I had gotten accustomed to being able to put my watch in my pocket without difficulty or discomfort.
- The date is recessed, and the metal reflective ring around it makes it the tiniest bit difficult to focus on the numbers, and you have to look at it for a couple seconds to see what day it is, instead of immediately recognizing the numbers.
on September 10, 2012
Watch is very attractive, but much larger than most other Skagen watches. It will not fit well on men with smaller than average wrists. Date window and numbers are also a bit small and therefore hard to read.
on November 26, 2013
Nice looking watch with a clunker of a strap. Who designed this thing? The bracelet extends in an unbendable way from the edges of the watch creating an oval configuration which is really uncomfortable. I own dozens of watches and can't believe how poorly designed this one is. A pity because it's a really attractive design.
on May 26, 2013
I always lusted after the Skagen watches.

I bought one that looked like a Movado and loved it. So why did I buy this one? I liked the fact that the face took up the full diameter of the watch (it's no bigger than any other watch I own, but the difference is that this one uses that full diameter for the watch dial) and I always wanted to enjoy the band that is designed into this watch.

What I've found is that this band is VERY COMFORTABLE and was easy to adjust for a perfect fit.

The dial is wonderful, clean & simple design, and very easy to read with just a glance. The watch is very light-weight and is simply a joy to own and wear.

Skagen makes VERY THIN watches that make every other watch feel bulky after wearing one of them.
on May 16, 2013
I purchased this watch as a present for my brother who has a large wrist which fit perfect on this Skagen which has a larger face than normal. It came perfectly packaged in its factory display box(fancy). The watch is thin and sleek and definitely screams out I cost more than what was paid!
on November 1, 2013
I love the thin look of this watch. I was researching different Skagen watches to purchase but ultimately chose this one. I wasn't disappointed. I like the feeling of the metallic band and have received quite a few compliments on the look. I'm very happy with the purchase.
on May 1, 2014
Bought as a gift for my mother's boyfriend and he still rejoices over it though he owns it for 2 months already. It's very light, extremely stylish, goes with everything and looks waaay more expensive than it really is
on May 8, 2013
This watch is awesome! Very nice look and comfortable fit and easily adjustable. It is thin and light easy to read.
I would have given it five stars, except it is not as shiny as it appears in the picture presented it is gun metal grey. I thought it was going to be a shiny silver or just silver in color and was a little disappointed when I found it to be grey. That aside, it still is a great looking watch, and very comfortable. I have received a lot of complements on this watch and have referred a few co- workers as to where I purchased it.
on January 13, 2013
I tried this watch on in the store ($160) before I ordered through Amazon for $65! Really sharp and sporty watch. It has a larger watch face than my other Skagen watches, but that it what I was looking for. Quality watch at great price!