5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, Versatile Watch
Published on March 3, 2010 by Z

2.0 out of 5 stars Overall, disappointing
Published on April 30, 2010 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Overall, disappointing, April 30, 2010
This review is from: Skagen Men's 331XLSL1 Jonas Quartz/Multi Stainless Steel Dark Brown Watch (Watch)
I owned this watch for 2.5 years. It is nice and slim (although not in Citizen Stilletto territory), has a nice looking dial and can be worn casually and at work. The date/week/hour little hands readout is poorly designed as the print is too small to read easily, and white-on-white hands, while attractive, lack contrast needed to tell time quickly and I often find myself doing a double-take. need a double-take. However, I this is the real reason I cannot recommend this watch: within a month of use, the watch crystal cracked with the slightest of impacts, and had to be replaced by Skagen. The band itself is very stiff (even after leather conditioner treatment) and started to discolor with use, turning a near-black shade of brown and frayed/disintegrated at clasp point after less than 8 months of use. Skagen has a ridiculous proprietary screw-down watch band system which no one else stocks and sells replacements for, and the only way to get a replacement is to fork over $35 to Skagen and wait for 2-3 weeks for them to ship you the same stiff, problematic watch band. I am toughing it out with the old watch band for now but would have not purchased the watch had I known about the proprietary watch band.

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID SKAGEN WATCHES WITH THESE BANDS, July 11, 2012
Skagen makes a very nice wristwatch (I have two of these) and the watch's features, appearance and dependability are all noteworthy. HOWEVER, you need to know this very irrational showstopper before considering purchasing one: their leather wristbands tend to wear out and separate after a year, and YOU CAN NOT PURCHASE A REPLACEMENT LEATHER WRISTBAND ANYWHERE, NOT EVEN FROM SKAGEN. The ONLY way you can have these custom wristbands replaced is by shipping your watch to their repair center where it will take up to SIX WEEKS for them to replace it and send it back. The total cost will be approximately $30 for the new band and shipping (almost half the cost of a new watch).

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch; Impossible Bands, December 24, 2010
I like The Skagen watch but the band clasps are cheaply made and the proprietary band replacement policy significantly detracts from the value of the watch. I won't buy Skagen again ... Classic "ain't quite right" product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this, December 26, 2012
The wristband to this watch broke when I first put it on. The aesthetics are good but it was not worth the disappointment.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS CHEAP CRAP, December 22, 2012
Bought this for a birthday present for my boyfriend. It looked good and he loved it until he took it off THAT SAME DAY and the strap broke. I got it a while ago, so I hope and pray I can send it back. What a disappointment!

1.0 out of 5 stars Band has a defect!, January 9, 2013
This is the second time I have bought this watch...and the second time the watch band has come apart. The band is glued onto the watch so be careful if you do buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, Versatile Watch, March 3, 2010
A slick looking watch, that can be worn with any attire. I wear it on the golf course with shorts and a polo, then to dinner with a suit. An inexpensive watch that looks sleek, yet simple. The function are all practical and easy to read. The comment about needing good eyesight to read the day/date display is not true. If the multifunction displays were bigger, they would seem gaudy. Good watch, good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, looks great, May 14, 2009
My thoughts/observations:

- love the packaging. very nice. (see the pictures I uploaded)
- looks sleek and sophisticated.
- It's very nice, but isn't an all-out dress watch... so can be worn with more things (business casual OR dress).
- Extremely easy to set the date / time
- The band is a bit stiff, though it isn't a big deal. It loosens up.
- It's comfortable to wear because it's so light. I have another dress watch that I dread wearing because it's so heavy. After a few minutes I hardly notice that I'm wearing this one.

Not much else to say. Overall I'm just very happy with this purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Band broke the 1st time I wore it, January 10, 2013
Steve Sando (Northern California) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Like the watch but band is a piece of nothing. And you can't replace it with a standard band. I was tempted to keep it because I like the slim size and the look but there's no point with proprietary band. Returned it for a refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch, January 9, 2013
Anne S (Cedar Falls, IA, US) - See all my reviews
The watch band broke the first time it was worn. It has been sent back. Loved the watch yet quality was an issue.

Rate and Discover Movies