Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 30, 2010
I owned this watch for 2.5 years. It is nice and slim (although not in Citizen Stilletto territory), has a nice looking dial and can be worn casually and at work. The date/week/hour little hands readout is poorly designed as the print is too small to read easily, and white-on-white hands, while attractive, lack contrast needed to tell time quickly and I often find myself doing a double-take. need a double-take. However, I this is the real reason I cannot recommend this watch: within a month of use, the watch crystal cracked with the slightest of impacts, and had to be replaced by Skagen. The band itself is very stiff (even after leather conditioner treatment) and started to discolor with use, turning a near-black shade of brown and frayed/disintegrated at clasp point after less than 8 months of use. Skagen has a ridiculous proprietary screw-down watch band system which no one else stocks and sells replacements for, and the only way to get a replacement is to fork over $35 to Skagen and wait for 2-3 weeks for them to ship you the same stiff, problematic watch band. I am toughing it out with the old watch band for now but would have not purchased the watch had I known about the proprietary watch band.
22 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2012
Skagen makes a very nice wristwatch (I have two of these) and the watch's features, appearance and dependability are all noteworthy. HOWEVER, you need to know this very irrational showstopper before considering purchasing one: their leather wristbands tend to wear out and separate after a year, and YOU CAN NOT PURCHASE A REPLACEMENT LEATHER WRISTBAND ANYWHERE, NOT EVEN FROM SKAGEN. The ONLY way you can have these custom wristbands replaced is by shipping your watch to their repair center where it will take up to SIX WEEKS for them to replace it and send it back. The total cost will be approximately $30 for the new band and shipping (almost half the cost of a new watch).
on December 24, 2010
I like The Skagen watch but the band clasps are cheaply made and the proprietary band replacement policy significantly detracts from the value of the watch. I won't buy Skagen again ... Classic "ain't quite right" product.
on December 26, 2012
The wristband to this watch broke when I first put it on. The aesthetics are good but it was not worth the disappointment.
on December 6, 2012
I have the slightly older version of this watch but the band design is identical. The issue is the only source for this band is Skagen. Fossil bought them out in early 2012 and discontinued parts purchases for these watches. You can't buy the band from them anymore, you must send the watch in and have them do it. That will set you back around $40 including the cost of your shipping it to them, and they say it takes 4-6 weeks to get it done.

Before buying, try this: visit the Skagen web site and call their 800 number for customer service. Ask about buying a replacement band for a Skagen watch.

I for one regret getting the watch. While it's been a good timepiece, the cost of band replacement, having to send it back to them for such a simple thing and then waiting up to 6 weeks is the epitome of screwing your customers.

Update: After sending in the watch for getting a new band in December 2012, their repair service ruined the watch. They did replace the band but they also opened the case to replace the battery (it wasn't sent in for anything but a new band!) and broke the plastic ring that keeps the movement in place. After some back and forth with the repair service, the company did make good and gave me a gift certificate to get a new watch of comparable value. I got one that did not have a proprietary band. Do yourself a favor and avoid any Skagen watch with a proprietary band.
on December 22, 2012
Bought this for a birthday present for my boyfriend. It looked good and he loved it until he took it off THAT SAME DAY and the strap broke. I got it a while ago, so I hope and pray I can send it back. What a disappointment!
VINE VOICEon January 10, 2013
Like the watch but band is a piece of nothing. And you can't replace it with a standard band. I was tempted to keep it because I like the slim size and the look but there's no point with proprietary band. Returned it for a refund.
on January 23, 2014
I really like the look of this watch, it is very comfortable, classic Skagen thin, with multi-functions. It is so good looking, I catch myself staring at my watch, I like this so much I bought a second Skagen watch.
on December 12, 2011
I have owned 2 other Skagen watches that have been flawless, but this one out of the box has incredibly loud watch movement. You can hear it ticking away just wearing it even in a not-so quiet area, and in a quiet room, from several feet away!

Very disappointed at this point, going to be calling up Skagen to see if this is normal for this model (if not, I'll try another one). If they tell me it's normal, this is going back! Having had 2 other nearly identical Skagen watches (different color and band) that were dead silent, I have to say I'm disappointed in the quality of this watch having just owned it for less than a day.

Update: According to Skagen, audible ticking is not at all normal for any of their watches. This one has a defective movement.
on September 8, 2015
SKAGEN, a good looking time piece and in a good price range.I am a dial person the more the merry, so a chronograph watch is usually the one for me. I also favor brown bands over black, so another plus for this Skagen model.