Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on April 30, 2010
I owned this watch for 2.5 years. It is nice and slim (although not in Citizen Stilletto territory), has a nice looking dial and can be worn casually and at work. The date/week/hour little hands readout is poorly designed as the print is too small to read easily, and white-on-white hands, while attractive, lack contrast needed to tell time quickly and I often find myself doing a double-take. need a double-take. However, I this is the real reason I cannot recommend this watch: within a month of use, the watch crystal cracked with the slightest of impacts, and had to be replaced by Skagen. The band itself is very stiff (even after leather conditioner treatment) and started to discolor with use, turning a near-black shade of brown and frayed/disintegrated at clasp point after less than 8 months of use. Skagen has a ridiculous proprietary screw-down watch band system which no one else stocks and sells replacements for, and the only way to get a replacement is to fork over $35 to Skagen and wait for 2-3 weeks for them to ship you the same stiff, problematic watch band. I am toughing it out with the old watch band for now but would have not purchased the watch had I known about the proprietary watch band.
22 comments63 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2012
Skagen makes a very nice wristwatch (I have two of these) and the watch's features, appearance and dependability are all noteworthy. HOWEVER, you need to know this very irrational showstopper before considering purchasing one: their leather wristbands tend to wear out and separate after a year, and YOU CAN NOT PURCHASE A REPLACEMENT LEATHER WRISTBAND ANYWHERE, NOT EVEN FROM SKAGEN. The ONLY way you can have these custom wristbands replaced is by shipping your watch to their repair center where it will take up to SIX WEEKS for them to replace it and send it back. The total cost will be approximately $30 for the new band and shipping (almost half the cost of a new watch).
22 comments24 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2010
I like The Skagen watch but the band clasps are cheaply made and the proprietary band replacement policy significantly detracts from the value of the watch. I won't buy Skagen again ... Classic "ain't quite right" product.
on December 26, 2012
The wristband to this watch broke when I first put it on. The aesthetics are good but it was not worth the disappointment.
on December 22, 2012
Bought this for a birthday present for my boyfriend. It looked good and he loved it until he took it off THAT SAME DAY and the strap broke. I got it a while ago, so I hope and pray I can send it back. What a disappointment!
on December 6, 2012
I have the slightly older version of this watch but the band design is identical. The issue is the only source for this band is Skagen. Fossil bought them out in early 2012 and discontinued parts purchases for these watches. You can't buy the band from them anymore, you must send the watch in and have them do it. That will set you back around $40 including the cost of your shipping it to them, and they say it takes 4-6 weeks to get it done.

Before buying, try this: visit the Skagen web site and call their 800 number for customer service. Ask about buying a replacement band for a Skagen watch.

I for one regret getting the watch. While it's been a good timepiece, the cost of band replacement, having to send it back to them for such a simple thing and then waiting up to 6 weeks is the epitome of screwing your customers.

Update: After sending in the watch for getting a new band in December 2012, their repair service ruined the watch. They did replace the band but they also opened the case to replace the battery (it wasn't sent in for anything but a new band!) and broke the plastic ring that keeps the movement in place. After some back and forth with the repair service, the company did make good and gave me a gift certificate to get a new watch of comparable value. I got one that did not have a proprietary band. Do yourself a favor and avoid any Skagen watch with a proprietary band.
on May 14, 2009
My thoughts/observations:

- love the packaging. very nice. (see the pictures I uploaded)
- looks sleek and sophisticated.
- It's very nice, but isn't an all-out dress watch... so can be worn with more things (business casual OR dress).
- Extremely easy to set the date / time
- The band is a bit stiff, though it isn't a big deal. It loosens up.
- It's comfortable to wear because it's so light. I have another dress watch that I dread wearing because it's so heavy. After a few minutes I hardly notice that I'm wearing this one.

Not much else to say. Overall I'm just very happy with this purchase.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment13 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2013
The watch has a very nice face, which I liked. However, the brown leather strap broke "tore" off of the watch face after only wearing about 5 times. I have a desk job so it wasn't having to withstand much wear and tear. In looking at reviews, it appears this watch has a lot of issues with the strap.
on December 30, 2012
I saw the other comments on the poor quality of the leather on the wrist band but I hoped mine would be okay. It was NOT. I bought it as a gift for someone and the leather ripped straight off not even a week after! It is a gorgeous watch but the leather quality is unfortunate.
on August 2, 2009
I have had this watch for about 4 months and it is an excellent timepiece. It is very light and comfortable to wear, so that I often forget I have it. The white face stands out nicely and the leather band is of excellent quality. I often receive compliments on this watch. My only complaint is the face crystal is a little soft and shows a few scratches.