4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, long delivery

Published on February 8, 2010 by David Corbitt

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, but crystal is cracked, February 8, 2010
David Corbitt (WHITING, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's 331XLSLB Steel Black Leather Multi-Function Watch (Watch)
This is my second Skagen watch and it shows the same defect my other had. Styling is great and the movement is accurate. However, the slim design makes for a weak crystal. The crystal is now cracked in a semi circular crack arcing between the 2:30 and 6:30 positions after wearing it for less than 2 months. The crystal is not covered under warranty (of course) but seems to be a common problem on Skagen watches according to reports I've read on line. Both my Skagen watches did this after less than a few months of use. I am not hard on watches and take card to not let them get struck by anything. It is such a disappointment as I really like the way the watch looks. I will never buy a Skagen again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, long delivery, October 12, 2009
I was really happy with this Skagen watch. It was for my husband's birthday (he wanted a casual watch) and he loves it. The only problem was that it took 3 weeks to receive it after I had ordered it. It actually came nearly a week later than the expected arrival date. It was also very difficult to contact the company, they did not return calls in a timely manner nor was it well trackable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't get new watch band, August 17, 2012
This is a very nice watch, but unfortunately, you can't easily replace the watch band. You can't use a standard band, and Skagen doesn't sell replacements. You have to send the watch in and pay a minimum repair fee starting at $32. They don't quote an actual cost, plus you have to pay for return shipping. You might as well just buy another watch.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap band, April 15, 2013
I bought this watch for my boyfriend for Christmas. Love the face, love the look, he loved it too. The problem was the band. He probably wore it two times before the band broke, snapped rather, in a place where it cannot be fixed. Since he likes the face so much, we're keeping it and will just replace the band.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality - Defective, January 15, 2013
This is the second watch I have recieved with a defective watch strap. The strap is fine at first but within a couple of months the strap comes out of the watch dial all together. There is glue of some kind holding it in - very cheap consutruction. Not sure if this is a Skagen thing, or an issue with this particular seller but given that this is the SECOND time this has happened, I would stay free and clear from this product!

1.0 out of 5 stars broke second day worn, December 30, 2012
I bought this watch for my boyfriend, and the second day he wore it, the leather band detached from the watch face. He wasn't rough with it by any means, and we found it lying on the living room floor. He liked the looks of the watch very much, but I'm very dissappointed as he now probably thinks I got him this cheap, poorly made watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS!!!!, September 21, 2012
Just received this watch in awesome two day free shipping! Watch contained plastic over screen and looks so clean and sleek. Looked at this watch at Macys and almost bought it until I stumbled upon the exact same one on here for a fraction of the price. Can not wait to give it to my boyfriend for Christmas, this is the identical watch he wanted! Very nice leather also and original tags are still attached to the watch and the box. So pleased!!! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent choise, June 27, 2014
I like this watch is because it is thin and light and it has a good appearance.
It also shows the day and date which I fing useful

2.0 out of 5 stars Skagen watch band issue, June 14, 2014
I bought a skagen watch 2 years back and recently the watch strap broke up. Looks like it was glued on and now it has separated. Getting a replacement is a big nightmare. The watch is excellent but seems like there are issues with skagen watch straps.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, May 13, 2014
long overdue. the watch is nice but it's too big for me. I have skinny wrist and it won't fit well with me so I gave to my brother.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›