Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on July 12, 2012
This watch is classy and casual, ideal for any occasion. Slim and sleek it easily fits under a sleeve. The watch comes with a very big band, so you'll likely need to adjust the length. I was pleasantly surprised, that the item is sharper and more contrasting than shown in the image. This is a great watch for the unassuming individual.
Broke after 3 months. Skagen could not repair.
on August 19, 2012
This is a great watch; cheap, slim, very wearable, simple is a great way to describe it. For the price here I would say it's a good buy, don't pay more the $60. That said, I got this watch for a serving job at a restaurant so I could look sharp and also have a great way to tell time besides looking at the computer or my phone while at work. None of the face glows in the dark or lights up, however the ticks and hands are actually very reflective so that even in very low light levels you can make out the time.
Here is my gripe though: When I opened the box I knew the band would be too big so I figured I would take out some links; no problem. When I went to check the manual for any specific instructions, it told me to adjust this weird lever. I was kind of an idiot in all this but I ended up bending some of the metal pieces while trying to follow the manual's instructions. What I found out after many frusturated hours was that the manual is meant for all skagen watches and the band adjustment part was referring to adjusting a mesh band. Then I tried to push out some pins with a paper clip. This method usually works for metal watch bands, however the amount of effort needed to push out the pins lead to several hours of breaking and bending several paper clips before I could take out the links I needed. All that to say, Have a bunch of high quality paper clips ready to push out these pins. I'm kind of mad at skagen for being so general with their manual. It a great watch, just be careful adjusting.
on December 9, 2012
The official images don't really show how pretty this watch it, so I posted a couple of additional images. Seriously, to me it's one of the most attractive watches I've seen. I would have been willing to spend $400 on a somewhat dressy watch like this, but nothing nailed the style I wanted as good as this one did.

Regarding the review about removing links, you simply push out pins in the direction of the arrows on the bottom of the link, but it's true that it's not clear and the manual that comes with it gives incorrect instructions (for the mesh band). Even knowing how it was supposed to work, it took me a while to figure out, because it requires quite a lot of force to push the pin out.

The one warning I have is that there isn't that much fine-tuning in terms of size, since all you can do is remove links. With my current wrist size, the watch is a little snug (which I like), but if my wrist were just slightly larger there wouldn't be a comfortable fit - it would be too loose or too tight.
review image review image review image
on August 7, 2013
Appears to be a bit cheaply made, especially the strap... we'll see how well it lasts, hopefully it will
be mechanically sound.
on November 30, 2012
When I first got this watch, I was excited about it. The case is VERY thin, and almost melts into your wrist. The face is classy, but not too fancy, and is great for a business casual appearance.

Unfortunately, the band is cheap enough to function poorly. It lacks adjustment holes on the clasp, so adjustment is limited to removing links, which left the band either much too tight or slightly too loose. To make matters worse, the center section and side sections of the links are one piece, which limits their ability to contour to your wrist, making the watch uncomfortable to wear.

Ultimately, I returned the watch, and will find a more expensive watch with a nicer band.
on January 25, 2013
This watch is really neat. It does look a lot more expensive than it is like some other reviewers mentioned. I also own a $500 Tissot - I haven't gotten as many compliments on that as I have on this.

You can tell this is a bit cheaply made, esp if you hold this in one hand and a more expensive watch in the other, but no one else will be able to tell that just by looking at it on your wrist.

The black dial does make it a bit difficult to read time in the dark (dark being if you're out at night and not standing directly under a light), but I think that's the case with most black dials. However, that's a trade-off I'm willing to make given how sleek it looks.
on August 16, 2013
my wife bought this for her brother in law as a birthday gift,when we got it,i couldn't believed the quality and how classy it look,i've owned quite a few of the same brand over the years,they are as good and accurate or better than movado,for the price?......My 1800 dollars movado valor men's tungsten carbide beautiful watch isn't any better,cause the water got inside,when the jewler took it apart and shown me the inside,it looked exactly like the ones you'd find in the .99 cents store,it was all the hypes and marketing,.so don't get burn.get this
on July 26, 2013
Watch is Sleek, Gorgeous and very light weight.
I'm more into heavy & huge watch(s), whole day kept checking, if I had forgotten to wear one today.

If you like light weight watches, this might be for you.
Bracelet is big enough for everybody's need, you need to adjust as per your requirement.
on November 6, 2013
Water gets inside the watch quite easily, I would recommend you take it off if you wash your hands often. The watch is also a nightmare to take apart. This was my first Skagen watch and also my last.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2013
Got this for my husband's birthday and he absolutely loves it. It's very sleek and professional looking. The links are a bit large...so the fit may be a little over-sized on some.