5.0 out of 5 stars Down & Dirty Review
***UPDATE (03/16/11)***
No issues -- it officially gets my stamp of approval.
******

I purchased this watch a few weeks ago; see below for my review so far.

Down & Dirty:

- I am a big guy, so this watch fits my wrist/hands well.
- It feels durable and slim.
- Big fan of the mesh band.
- Very good looking -- I wear...
Published on March 2, 2011 by T. D. Flynn

1.0 out of 5 stars Caution - Glass is bad
Published 15 months ago by Sistermon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Down & Dirty Review, March 2, 2011
This review is from: Skagen Men's 806XLTBN Denmark Black Mesh Blue Dial Watch (Watch)
***UPDATE (03/16/11)***
No issues -- it officially gets my stamp of approval.
******

I purchased this watch a few weeks ago; see below for my review so far.

Down & Dirty:

- I am a big guy, so this watch fits my wrist/hands well.
- It feels durable and slim.
- Big fan of the mesh band.
- Very good looking -- I wear mine to work/out and its not too fancy - fits all occasions really.
- No problems what-so-ever with the buckle/mesh band like some other Skagen reviews.
- Hands are pretty visible in very low light.
- Would recommend for everyday/work watch.
- Relatively inexpensive considering the cost of the other watches here on Amazon.
- I imagine it would be a great watch to wear when active, like outdoor events and golfing -- I haven't tried yet as its winter.

Hope this review helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars a perfect watch, with carisma..., December 27, 2010
I like watches that have sports look, having couple of dials on it. I had seen and examined some other models of Skagen at shops and was very impressed with the quality, the weight and the look. Especially, i loved the unique steel band titanium material and Scandinavian sprit in it. As far as i learned from the seller at the shop, all the colors of this series of Skagen were inspired from the Danish enviromental details like ocean and stones' colors. If you are looking for a thin, low weight watch with carisma, i highly recommend this brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lock, September 19, 2011
Received this product on Aug. 2011

The reason i chose this particular watch is for its slim design.

- sleek
- comfortable
- glow in the dark hands
- I usually wear this for formal parties
- wouldn't wear it in any sports activities
- lock is very difficult to adjust

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, well-built, April 24, 2011
I'm no watch expert, but this Skagen seemed like a good entry-level watch just to wear around in both casual and formal contexts. I've had it for about 3 weeks now and have no complaints.

It's a real slim watch that's well constructed. The mesh band seems solid, as does the actual body of the watch. With that being said, it's not like you can go around dropping this everywhere and smashing your wrist into walls or something -- you still need to exercise common sense when you're wearing it.

I have a pretty small wrist, so I have it on the 3 or 4th smallest adjustment (adjusting is very simple, just follow the instructions: use a screwdriver to pry open the latch, place the latch where you want it, close the latch). The good thing about the watch face is that it doesn't look garishly big, so I think it fits my wrist well. I love the look of this watch and have been complimented on the watch several times -- if you like the images you're seeing of it on Amazon, I assure you it'll probably be what you want it to be, so I give it my full endorsement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skagen Mens Watch, January 10, 2011
Beautiful styling. love the mesh band. Not too dressy. very "current", but still basic enough to be used for many, many years. very classy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Caution - Glass is bad, August 28, 2013
I read a lot of reviews about bad glass, but my previous Skagen never had any issues, so bought it anyway. 4 months later, the glass cracked right off. I'm just standing talking to my daughter and hear a "tick", you know how glass sounds when it cracks. I look at my watch and it has a big crack in it and as I'm looking at it, it cracks again and a big section of it just pops loose. I was stunned, but figured it would be covered under warranty. Not likely, glass is specifically called out as not covered. It costs almost as much as the purchase price to have shipped to them for service and you have to send payment just to have it evaluated.

Not going to take a risk on Skagen again and you might want to think twice as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Find, December 25, 2012
I brought this as a gift for my son. Pleasantly pleased as to the look of the watch, it looks like a very expensive one. It is elegant enough to use as a dress watch but looks durable enough to wear everyday. A great watch at a bargain price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and classy, January 26, 2014
I had this watch for about 1 year now and its holding up well. Easy to strap on and adjustable (initially took some time to adjust the clasping mechanism for the right fit) but afterwards its a breeze to wear it on and take it off.

This watch has received plenty of compliments and it looks good both on casual or formal occasions. The watch diameter is 41/42mm but take note that it is a little high (vertical height) hence those with small wrists will notice the watch lugs protruding more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skagen Men's 806XLTBN Denmark Black Mesh Blue Dial Watch, October 8, 2013
I had purchased item
I have used this item and I will ask others also to buy this.
Because this is the best in quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Style and sophistication at a bargain price, June 9, 2013
This is my second Skagen watch and once again they deliver a stunning wristwatch that looks more expensive than advertised. The beautiful shimmering blue face contrasts perfectly with the elegant comfortable black mesh band. The dial is large but not in an obnoxious loud way like those ridiculously over-sized monstrosities that are basically the Hummers of the watch world. No need to overcompensate with this watch, it sits with elegant confidence on your wrist and travels easily from suits to casual wear. As others have said, it's impossible to see what's on the top radial dial but I didn't buy this watch for its' calendar features. I bought it because it's so gorgeous and I know I'll get a dependable timekeeper with the Skagen name stamped on its' plate. The pictures don't do this watch justice and don't convey the reflective shiny blue shimmer you'll see every time this beauty hits your wrist, you WILL get compliments everywhere you go. A perfect gift for the guys who want to treat themselves or for the ladies looking for a classy gift for their man, this is your best watch deal for under $100.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›