Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on December 27, 2010
I like watches that have sports look, having couple of dials on it. I had seen and examined some other models of Skagen at shops and was very impressed with the quality, the weight and the look. Especially, i loved the unique steel band titanium material and Scandinavian sprit in it. As far as i learned from the seller at the shop, all the colors of this series of Skagen were inspired from the Danish enviromental details like ocean and stones' colors. If you are looking for a thin, low weight watch with carisma, i highly recommend this brand.
on September 19, 2011
Received this product on Aug. 2011

The reason i chose this particular watch is for its slim design.

- sleek
- comfortable
- glow in the dark hands
- I usually wear this for formal parties
- wouldn't wear it in any sports activities
- lock is very difficult to adjust
on May 31, 2013
I hate watches. I generally don't wear jewelry. I don't even wear my wedding band. I decided that since I dressed the part I should start trying to wear a watch so I bought this nice looking Chinese POS with a leather band and wore it until the battery died. Finally, I could stand to wear watches. But there's a few caveats I have:
-I don't like leather bands (You can fit this notch or this notch but nothing in between and it wears out so fast)
-I don't like chunky metal bands (I haven't worn handcuffs outside of the bedroom, why start now)
-I don't like obnoxiously large faced watches ("Look at me, I can tell the time from 50 feet away!!!11!!")

So I set out to find "my" watch. I landed on the Skagen 806XLTBN. It looks nice, has a "thin" frame, and best of all the adjustable mesh band. Not quite clunky metal, definitely not leather. The price was right, research looked good, salivated at buying it for months then it finally dropped to $85 and I pulled the trigger.

It's beautiful. Multiple hands all that actually work. It's light weight unlike clunky massive metal band watches. And then reality set in to me, it's not everything and a bag of chips like I was hoping. In fact, it actually missed on nearly every mark I made. :(

-The crown is small and sticks out from the watch fairly far. So when you bend your wrist it digs into the top of your hand unless you keep it far up your wrist
-The date function is basically useless. Small black text on extremely reflective silver. I measured and have to be 5 inches from it to tell the date.
-Glow in the dark? Mine doesn't
-Thinness, or lack there of. It's not as impossibly thin as they make it sound. It's definitely thin, but I certainly wasn't wowed by how amazingly thin it is. Still it isn't obnoxious "look at me I can read analog time" size.
-The clasp. Ohh the clasp. What a chunk of garbage that is. It's still only adjustable in increments, of course I'm between increments (sigh). It digs into the bottom of my wrist pretty badly and it sticks so far off my wrist that I catch it on EVERYTHING.

In the end, it looks nice, but it's not going to be my daily driver so to speak.

EDIT 06/07/2013:

It's been a couple weeks with the product. I loosened the band so that it isn't as tight on my wrist and doesn't dig in to places. But now I find myself doing that awkward raised hand jiggle every now and again to get my watch to slide back down my wrist.

New Issue: Since I'm trying the watch "loose" the clasp comes open on it's own. Earlier today, the entire watch just fell off my wrist. For as much as a PITA as it is to adjust the strap, they could have made the clasp lock MUCH tighter.
on December 25, 2012
I brought this as a gift for my son. Pleasantly pleased as to the look of the watch, it looks like a very expensive one. It is elegant enough to use as a dress watch but looks durable enough to wear everyday. A great watch at a bargain price.
on June 4, 2013
l really liked this watch. Have been using it for two weeks. Light, thin and beautiful. Well built, looks like it will stand that way for a long time. I took one star out because the day dial is impossible to read unless you use a magnifying lens.
on March 28, 2013
I purchased this watch as the specifications on the listing stated that it was water resistant to 99 feet and also mentioned that a special feature was water resistance, the 99 feet water resistance rating made it suitable for my needs which included swimming.
When the watch arrived I looked at the instruction booklet that came with it and this booklet gave water resistant ratings which stated that watches with a rating of 3ATM could NOT be used for swimming.
I then looked at the watch I purchased and on the back of this watch it was stamped 3ATM which meant that it could NOT be used for swimming.
I contacted Amazon and they refunded the money paid for the watch and asked that I return it to them,which I did, I then asked Amazon what Skagen watches were suitable for swimming to which they replied that they did not know and for me to contact Skagen direct which I did and Skagen emailed me saying that they did not manufacture a watch that could be used for swimming, they also apologised for the seller giving incorrect specs.
So beware if you need a watch that can be used for swimming don't buy a Skagen,but they make a lovely dress watch.
on June 3, 2013
== Update 11/02/2013 ==
I've been wearing the watch every workday and love it! No issues with it and it always looks good with whatever I'm wearing. I could not be happier!

Let me start by saying that I am allergic to the metal nickel and cannot wear most jewelery because of nickel is often used in their alloys. Due to my allergy, I decided to finally do some research to see if any watches were nickel-free and was pleased to see that Skagen's watches are all nickel-free. This watch caught my eye due to it's stunning blue dial with black case and band. It looks great on my wrist, both in business attire as well as casual clothes. I will admit it's been a bit difficult getting used to a watch on my wrist after 15 years of not wearing one!
on August 28, 2013
I read a lot of reviews about bad glass, but my previous Skagen never had any issues, so bought it anyway. 4 months later, the glass cracked right off. I'm just standing talking to my daughter and hear a "tick", you know how glass sounds when it cracks. I look at my watch and it has a big crack in it and as I'm looking at it, it cracks again and a big section of it just pops loose. I was stunned, but figured it would be covered under warranty. Not likely, glass is specifically called out as not covered. It costs almost as much as the purchase price to have shipped to them for service and you have to send payment just to have it evaluated.

Not going to take a risk on Skagen again and you might want to think twice as well.
on January 10, 2011
Beautiful styling. love the mesh band. Not too dressy. very "current", but still basic enough to be used for many, many years. very classy!
on February 9, 2013
It was an anniversary present to my husband who has a number of watches. He put it on immediately! It's exactly as pictured and is very slim, not bulky at all, a real dress watch. Arrived in perfect condition, and appears to be working very well.