4.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable, fashionable timepiece with some minor flaws.
Published on June 29, 2012 by Spiritech

1.0 out of 5 stars NEVER ORDER FROM THIS SELLER!!!
Published 15 months ago by Gabby212

4.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable, fashionable timepiece with some minor flaws., June 29, 2012
This review is from: Skagen Men's 809XLTBN Quartz/Multi Titanium Black Watch (Watch)
Well I'll start with the good things, it has a large easy to read dial, which has a brilliant blue finish which is far better in person than in a photograph. It's a very light and thin watch for it's size. The clasp is VERY secure, three separate movements to close and open it. The movement is as accurate as you can expect a quartz watch to be, the hack function is a welcome addition that you don't often see on watches outside of larger brands. The watch and band are beautiful, and easy to match to clothing, but one could say that about black and blue with any mens watches.

Now, the things I don't enjoy. The lume is very weak, this watch is almost impossible to read at night, even when it's spent an average day on the wrist working outdoors it has almost no lume at all. The band, which is one of the main selling points is comfortable, but could be better if it could bend more. I have small wrists and have most watch bands replaced, new holes punched or otherwise modified. This band cannot be modified, and as you get to the limits of it's size adjustment it loses a lot of flex in the band as a consequence of this as you go further down it sits less square on your wrist due to the band pulling it up. Lastly the case does not have a gloss finish like the band, and does not really flow as well as I'd like.

That said, it is still a very good looking watch and so easy to match to clothing/other jewelry it's worth the price of admission. I wouldn't say it's my favourite of my collection, but it's versatility and quartz timekeeping mean it will be used regularly.

1.0 out of 5 stars NEVER ORDER FROM THIS SELLER!!!, May 5, 2013
I bought a watch from Mr. Watch for my fiancé's 30th birthday. This seller claims there is a two year warranty on the watch listing. Two days after my fiancé receives the watch, he notices a strange pressure point in the crystal. Later that day, the entire surface split in half. My fiancé went to the main Skagen website to further investigate. According to the manufacturer, this is a factory defect and the watch must be returned. However, after contacting the seller Mr. Watch, my fiancé was told that his purchase was not fixable and not refundable, even under the seller's warranty. Now I am out 163.00 and my fiancé has a watch that is unsafe to wear. NEVER TRUST OR BUY FROM THIS SELLER! MR. WATCH IS A FRAUD AND WILL SELL YOU A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch!, October 15, 2011
Just received it today. Very Satisfied! Wacht looks much better than in pictures! The blue dial is great! A metalized blue! Very elegant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury at affordable price, November 23, 2011
Update 1/4/2013: I've had the watch for nearly 14 months now. I was concerned when I read one poster's comment that the face cracked--that he woke up one morning and found it that way. Well, my watch has been through one cold winter, a hot, 3-digit heat-spell days (101 - 104 degrees Fahrenheit) and now a 2nd winter (below freezing). It has been accidentally knocked against my car and other hard objects. No damage whatsoever. My older Skagen that I've had for 10 year or more has also endured the same treatment and is working just fine. So the poster may have just gotten a bad watch but it is the exception not the norm. It has kept perfect time. After having it for so long now, the only feature that bugs me is when I have to reset the date (months shorter than 31 days). Twice now I've accidentally gone two days forward. Since there is no going backwards, that can be a bother. Also, within the past year or so my eye-sight seems to be getting worse and using this for anything but telling time is a challenge. Still, that is not the fault of the watch. I still am very happy with it.

Original post: The watch-face was a bit bigger than I anticipated. My wife bought me my first Skagen at Costco as an anniversary present over a decade ago. The reason I love Skagen is that the watch is very thin and doesn't get caught-up in my clothing (shirt, sweater, coat) when dressing & undressing (Yeah, I know... why don't I just take it off before that? Well, just because I've fallen into a habit and just plain "don't".)

The only thing my first watch lacked was a date feature. This watch offers that. Even though I have an Android phone that is always with me, it is not easy to see the time when outside and it is always awkward to have to stop to grab my phone just for the time. Wearing and referencing a watch is just easier.

With my first watch, I only had to replace the battery once a few years ago. It keeps perfect time.

If you look at the customer-uploaded pics, you'll see me wearing both the new & old watches together. As you can tell, I have a small frame so the new (blue, round-faced) watch looks very large on me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch, Some Quibbles With Functionality, January 11, 2013
First and foremost, this watch is beautiful. In my opinion, it is even better looking than the great photos shown here. I receive comments on this watch all the time. It feels wonderful on my wrist, as does my other Skagen watch. Of course, that means you barely even notice it, unlike most other watches. It's lightweight, but not cheap feeling. The amazing slim design is terrific and it fits under my dress shirt sleeve cuffs better than any watch I've owned.

Now, the downside, which for me is significant but may not be for people with younger eyes and perfect vision. The time is actually kind of hard to read. The hands, both hour and minute, are long enough that they almost touch the time markings around the face. Technically, I guess the time markings are what are too long. They match the hands too closely, so that when the hands are on, or very close to the markings, it's really difficult to tell the time, because it prevents you from being able to distinguish the hour and minute hands.

Secondly in this regard, the date is impossible to read. Even with my reading glasses on (and I can read anything else I need to with them on) I simply can't read the date. It's just too small, and I think it's a flaw that should be corrected in future models. Even my kids have trouble seeing the date.

If those two things were fixed, this watch would be nearly perfect. Overall, it's still wonderful and great looking. For those with better vision, you will probably not have the same quibbles as me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch love it, but are some things you should note !, March 25, 2014
J. Giles (Glendora, CA United States) - See all my reviews
First, have had the watch for a week and absolutely love it. Lay's great on the wrist , is not too heavy and is a wonderful add to your collection as it is not too heavy and not extremely large like so many of today's styles. This one will stand the test of time.

Things to NOTE :
1) Understand this stock photo. Colors here are extremely vibrant, the actual "blue" of the face is not this light. Is a darker blue in almost ALL lighting settings. Unless you have it in direct extreme lighting, the blue you experience will be several shades darker. Still a beautiful watch, but note it will not look on your wrist like it does here.
2) Clasp is hella tough to adjust. will take a small screwdriver applying leverage to tighten the main sizing clasp on this watch. I could not do with my bare hands and had to take to a watch shop who used small screwdriver.

Once set though, it sticks, trust that. You will be frustrated trying to do with your fingers, so get a very small (eyeglass maybe) screwdriver and apply gentle pressure forward in fastening the lever to lock in place.

Still love the watch and at <$100 is phenomenal buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price!, January 10, 2013
This watch came about less than 2 days to my front door. Still had tag which worth $195 but I paid less than $100 on Amazon.com. Like everybody wrote, it's beautiful and elegant watch. It's light and easy on the wrist. This watch is upto 30 meter waterproof, has 24hr time, date, day, and adjustable mesh strap. It does look like one of those $3000 watches that do the same thing. I believe this is a dress watch but I use it everyday with no problem. Buy this watch and you won't regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek and Elegant, October 14, 2011
Very stylish and blends well with all of my clothing. It has European style written all over it. Its simplistic in design and works well so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it so much I bought two of the same with different colors, February 12, 2012
I actually have bought two of this same watch with different colors and I am extremely happy with both purchases. I kept searching for an affordable thin/light watch with a larger dial to wear as my primary watch when working as an outside salesman. Problem is most watches are bulky and my business shirt all have tight sleeves. Plus I like to wear a light watch. This narrowed my option to Swtach and Skagen. Most everthing else that Swatch and Skagen have has smaller dials. But this new model has a larger dial. So I found the key things I was looking for. But that is not all. I don't care for a real working chronograph etc... but I like the watch dial to have 3 extra dials. this one has date of the month, Day of the week, and 24hr format which are all useful for me. Perfect! this is a unique stylish watch which defines 'my style'. So I go buy model number 809XLTBN from Macy's for $200.00 + Tax. I love the blue dial and the nice light weight of it. While at Macy's, I also saw model number 809XLTTM and fell in love with it. It has silver/gray band (not shiney stainless-steel, but kind of a matte gray Titanium) with a black carbon fiber type of a background which looks 3D and on top of it the second hand and all 3 small hands have orange accent to it. I went over 50 watches over $ 1,000.00 and did not see such a beauty. I wanted to buy both but my budget did not allow. So I bought only the black one with blue dial. The I did some research online and realized they don't make a fake version of this (which is great). the ones on Amazon which sell for only $ 120.00 no tax might have slight defects in manufacturing as some of the glasses get's cracked after a while and the online ones don't come with full warrantly like the ones from Macy's. Apparently it cost roughly $ 60.00 for skagen to repair the broken glass. So I bought the 2nd one from Amazon knowing that it might break and if it break I will have it repaired and I still would save $ 20.00. None of the pictures do this watch justice. go to a store and wear it and decide for yourself. P.S. be very careful when adjusting the clasp as I slightly bend my clasp lock when I opened it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Father's Day present, June 26, 2014
My first skagen lasted 15 years til I lost it at the Amsterdam Hilton. My second is slightly scratched but nice and still useable. This was my third. My wife wanted me to have one with a blue dial. It is pretty....I am 54 and pretty careful with my watches. The crystal spontaneously cracked after one week!! I know it is hard to believe, but it happened... Skagen customer service said they would fix it for $8.50. If that goes ok I will be impressed, but I am concerned about the crystal on this model. Over all I still like skagen.

Skagen Men's 809XLTBN Quartz/Multi Titanium Black Watch