Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on February 23, 2011
I admit it - I've turned into a watch junkie. It used to be $50 Timex's but now I lust after Patek-Philippe - Not that I would ever buy one - If I had that much "extra" money I'd endow a university or a home for wayward kittens or something.

I love Skagen watches becuse they are thin, light, very elegant, and moderately priced. I have 4 of them. This is my favorite Skagen watch. I get compliments every time I wear it. The Rose Gold (NO that's not copper!) plating is fairly unique but goes with everything from a suit to a t-shirt. The band is fully and easily user adjustable. I have had it for more than a year and have not seen any changes to the color of the band, as one reviewer mentioned. It keeps perfect time. I set it to an atomic clock a year ago and it's only lost a few seconds. I do admit that the secondary dials are a bit hard to read, but I need new glasses, so maybe that's why :)

This is a great price, by the way. I bought mine at a department store for $185 - before I discovered that you NEVER buy a watch at a department store or jewelry store unless they are on a huge sale. Much less expensive online almost every time. The mark up on watches at retail is 100% to 200%, so it's not unusual to find the same thing online for 50-60% off!
on May 6, 2011
My husband was so happy to get this watch for his birthday 6 weeks ago. The rose gold plated bezel was the perfect complement to his artisan wedding band that has rose gold details. A lover of Skagen watches also because he hates big heavy metal watchbands that accompany most men's metal watches, he was delighted to add this, a 4th, Skagen watch to his collection. Having only worn it a few times this past 6 weeks since I gave it to him (and only for business or dinner events), he took it to Chicago for a conference. Sometime during that short stay the bezel (Skagen calls it the 'case') developed spots on it. I had read that some had experienced some chipping of the black off the band but Amazon's price and return policy was such that I decided to chance it. He was very disappointed and I was unsure what to do.

I first contacted Skagen. Got a nice return call from them & called them back promptly. After getting my $$ for a band replacement on another Skagen watch I questioned 'Louis V.' about this watch's problem and return. He got pretty belligerent with me when I asked him to reiterate what I needed to do on this nearly new watch. He wanted proof of purchase, me to ship it to them with $$ for return shipment back to me, after a close inspection of it they would determine if they would honor the warranty or if my husband was somehow to blame. I responded again that given how new the watch, how was it that I was still going to have to pay to all shipping costs and not know what the potential outcome might be?? He was extremely rude.

I then contacted Amazon and with a quick return call by a helpful customer service person, an instant email with a shipping label to return it to them and another email upon receipt by them and another when my refund was being processed ~ so simple...Thanks Amazon! I had bought this watch directly from Amazon, but they do not directly sell this same watch anymore....Lovely, but flawed ~ I would proceed with caution if you are considering this watch or any direct dealings with Skagen.
on March 18, 2010
I wrote the review below a few days after I received my watch. I still love it but had to return it because after only a few months the black color started to disappear from the band to reveal a silver color underneath. . What I didn't notice in the original paperwork is that this happens to all the watches, but it's supposed to take 2 years. So, be careful. It's still a nice watch, but will need maintenance. Also, there are many times during the day that the time is not easy to read because the hands blend in with the background.

Original review: I have only had this watch a few days, but I am really happy with it. It looks far more expensive than it is. I agree with the person who says the multifunctions are too small to read but, as far as I am concerned, they are for show, not function. The time is easy to read and the rose gold on black is really beautiful. The band is extremely comfortable and locks securely. I have small wrists and, although this has a big face, both the band and face are very thin, fit securely and look great. The band is metal mesh, but looks like leather. The only downside for me is that I thought I would be able to swim with this but the 3ATM rating is only good for a shower or quick immersion, not any sports use. I'd highly recommend it as a casual/dress watch for everyday.
on June 11, 2013
This watch is super good looking and worked well for half a year until some of the pieces marking the hours fell off . These pieces are now prevent the dials from moving. Essentially, the watch is now not working. A bit too expensive to have it break in 6 months. Whom should I contact for replacement/refund?
Update, contacted 1-877-SKAGEN1, the internal parts of the watch have life time warranty. Had to send out the watch to repair facility...had to pay for shipping there and back (~18$)...watch is fixed now (they did it fairly quickly) and working fine...hopefully not breaking down any time soon.
on April 22, 2011
This watch is an eyecatcher and keeps amazing time!
I have other Skagens and overall am very pleased with their
products. Very few watches you see are this thin and light weight.
The only slight criticism with the 809XLTRB is related to the strap.
It is really hard to adjust that sucker and if you don't take care you
will end up bending one of the supporting pins. I was very careful how
I did it and read all the instructions. But I still ended up bending it
slightly! I'm a professional engineer and believe that the groves
that are fabricated into the strap (to prevent pin bending and anchor the
adjustment bracket) are not the best quality. Or maybe mine was just an
out of tolerance sample. Anyhow, my advice is get a jeweler to adjust
the strap, but they will still have to work with the strap quality.
I would have given this watch 5 stars if it wasn't for the strap!
on February 22, 2013
I don't think any photos of this product do the watch justice. It is the same size as other mens analog watches, but is very slim in depth for the amount of functions it provides. Outstanding dial face with detailed sub-dials day of week(Upper Left), 31 day of month (Upper Right), and 24 hour (Bottom Center). Fine detail places this on the must-have watch for those who collect fine watches!

High quality device and very unique band that, unlike other metal band watches, will not snag arm hair and has a sliding fitment clasp that allows a finer adjustment. The metal mesh of the band is a very fine tight mesh that keeps the band straight, but wraps around the wrist easily and forms to the wrist better than a link band.

Only down side that I can find on this watch is the numbers and days on the chronograph sub-dials. They could use a fish eye lens over each, but that would detract from the design which I just love.
on March 10, 2013
Skagen continues to produce fantastic designed watches. This is my second Skagen and it has been noticed by most people and they have stated that they love it. My previous Skagen is over 12 months old and continues to wear well and also produces positive comments re design and the thin case impresses all. Well done.
on December 30, 2012
Watch looks cool, band is really cool, but the clasping mechanism is VERY weak and sub-par. Why make a watch and use such shoddy materials on the clasp? I even took it to a very reputable watch maker - hoping to fix or replace the clasp mechanism. Couldn't replace the clasp and he said the metal was really weak and will always be a problem. Unfortunately I am returning. Really disappointing. Skagen should review the adage: "You're only as good as your weakest link."
on November 6, 2013
I like Skagen watches and own three of them not counting this one. The mesh bands are nice and look sharp BUT if you work at a desk typing on a keyboard you will notice the mesh will get worn as the desk surface acts like fine sandpaper, "polishing" the mesh where it rubs on the desktop. Not a big problem with stainless unless it is coated like this band. Not sure how they coat it but it appears to be sprayed with black and baked. I have worn it one day and already the stainless is peeking through the black where it is rubbing off. Now that I know this, I will wear this when going out, not at work. Also, the copper color appears to be sprayed on as well, not plated. It is flat in appearance, less shiny than the photos. Not bad but a bit misleading. The minute and hour hands get a bit "lost" in the background and take getting used to to quickly tell time.
on May 1, 2013
Well, the watch looks great. I have the same skagen watch in gray with a blue face. The copper finish is very distinctive. Like other skagens I have owned, for some reason they tend to run a little fast the first time you set them. They "even out" after awhile though. I know this sounds crazy but it is totally true. I set my watch last night, when I checked it an hour later it was 4 minutes fast. I reset it, now it holds correct time.

As far as the black band, it looks great but the coating on it makes the clasp more difficult to work than on the I coated bands. My clasp also jingles a tad.

I got my watch for a little under a 100.00. I don't think it is worth 200, but maybe more like 150.00. So, I still got a deal on it.

The day, 24hr, and day of the month work better on this watch than they do on my other skagen. I don't know if that's just an odd fluke or what.

All and all the watch is very distinctive and I would recommend it to a friend.