Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 26, 2009
I got this watch for Christmas to my surprise because I am extremely picky about watches and generally don't wear them; but I have to say I really love this timepiece. I have always been bothered by watches that don't fit well, slide up and down my wrist, are bulky, heavy, or have extraneous features that I will never use. If you can identify with any of these complaints, then this might possibly be the perfect watch for you.
The watch is extremely lightweight, due to the simple, slim design of the face as well as the mesh band. It doesn't feel clunky or gaudy, so needless to say if you're looking to impress people with your *bling*, you should probably consider something else.
Right out of the box, all of the features are intuitive. Setting the time and date does not even require the included instructions (although you should probably read them just in case); and there are not a bunch of esoteric features crammed onto the face like a barometric pressure monitor or stock ticker. The extra features are Day, Date, and 24 hour reference...essential features without going overboard.
The band can be fit to your wrist extremely easily without removing links or requiring any specific jewelers tools. The latch mechanism is loosened and slides easily to provide a perfect fit for large or small wrists. The slim face wont catch on your shirt sleeves and the mesh band wont constantly rip out the hair on your forearm (a constant problem I have dealt with in the past).

Bottom line: This watch features classic Scandinavian design. All the essential features, stylish look and feel, and real-world functional design. Lightweight, but not cheap. Perfect for a lifelong stickler about watches. My recommendation is go check one out at a jewelry or department store, and if you love it, buy it on Amazon to get a better price.
11 comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2010
Bought this as a wedding gift for my now husband! We both love the look of the watch. It's also very lightweight. However, less than one month after wear, we found a long crack on the glass, and my husband doesn't remember doing anything in particular to cause that. We took it to a watch repair shop, and the guy said it's a popular problem because the glass/crystal extends all the way to the edge making it more susceptible to breaking, or something like that, so just a warning! We paid $25 to repair the glass.
on August 7, 2010
Just got this watch. Aesthetically it is absolutely gorgeous. Like the sporty yet elegant style. The features are great and come in handy; day of the week, day of the month, and a 24 hour dial.

The band is metal (metal mesh) so it's strong but it is also extremely comfortable. It is comfortable and unlike other metal bands in three ways: 1. It doesn't pull out your wrist hairs (assuming you have them) like other metal band watches tend to do. 2. The band never really gets cold like other metal bands when they have been sitting around for a while so it is never uncomfortable when you first put it on. 3. The band (and the face too) are very light weight, so light weight that you barely even feel the watch when it is on your wrist.

Beautiful design, useful features, comfortable and a lifetime warranty? Awesome.

EDIT: The watch crystal broke within 1 month of me buying the watch. I have no idea how it broke, it was just cracked one morning when I woke up. Now I have to pay ~$30 to Skagen and wait 4 -6 weeks for it to get fixed. I wonder if it will just break again. Probably will. Not good.

LATEST UPDATE: The crystal hasn't broken in over a year. 5 stars.
on April 3, 2010
I purchased this watch almost a year ago, and I still am turned on by its design every time I look at it. It looks like a much more expensive watch than the list $175. that some jewelers sell it for. And it keeps time perfectly, and is low maintenance, as with most Skagens. Among sports styled watches, it is probably one of the lightest watches on the market. The watch band is comfortable, even in hot weather. And the band doesn't loosen. I highly recommend it.
on November 30, 2011
After reading the reviews here I decided to buy this watch at a leading department store to be sure it had the full warranty. I only had it for a month but so far it is running perfectly. I have tendon damage in my left hand which makes wearing a watch very difficult. This Skagen is an amazing fit--so light weight sometimes I forget it's even on. I never thought I would be able to say that about any watch. For me to be able to wear it really says a lot about it's design.

The mesh band and the hardened crystal do not scratch or scuff as easy as many have indicated in the reviews here--perhaps the materials were upgraded. The clasp has a double closure design and is not loose or flimsy. I like being able to adjust the band myself which is a plus as weather changes. The watch is easy to set if you follow the directions and has a really great design sensibility over all.

This model does not look or feel cheap, however it doesn't have that bling--look at me I want attention--factor like some huge gleaming watches do. This design with the titanium material is more understated in that sense--it's more sleek and refined making the design itself the focal point. So, if you need the big bling this may not be for you. Also, this design works with dress or casual clothing.

Hope this helps.
on February 21, 2010
This is my fifth Skagen watch, and now my favorite. The carbon fiber face is exotic-looking (certainly a guy thing) and the subtle gun-metal gray color has an understated elegance. The extra dials (date, day, 24-hour) are far too tiny for an old guy's eyes, but still look sharp.
on August 1, 2012
I have had the Skagen Men's 809XLTTM Carbon Fiber Dial Titanium Watch for a few weeks now. So far, no problems with cracking or scratching of any surfaces on the watch. I must say, though, IT IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. The pictures of the watch on-line really don't do it justice! The way the light reflects off of the carbon fiber dial face is just amazing.

This watch is very slim, especially compared to a Steinhausen Chronograph and Zodiac Chronograph watch that I already own. I LOVE THE LOOK OF IT. You can hardly tell you are wearing it.

The watch band is similar to wearing a leather or fabric band, but since it is a chain-mail type material, it should last indefinitely, just like other metal watch bands. no pulling of wrist hair here either. Adjustment was simple, and putting it on or taking it off are simple!!

The only downsides to this watch are the fact that, at times, it may be difficult to actually read the sub-dials for Month, Day, and 24 hr. time. It also isn't the brightest illuminated watch in the dark either after charging it in the light. BUT I STILL LOVE THE LOOK!

This Skagen watch keeps perfect time. Setting it up is relatively easy with the simple instructions!

I highly recommend it, and hope that I don't experience the watch dial/face cracking issues that have plagued a few others.

I also note that the dial size is true 40 mm. A few other sites list it as anywhere from 35-38 mm, but it is indeed 40mm, which fits nicely on my wrist (which is rather slim for a 6'3" 210 lb. guy). but due to the slimness of the thickness of this watch, it works perfectly.

Of course, AMAZON prices rock and are the best around!!
on July 28, 2011
This is my first Skagen watch and I am impressed with the level of craftmanship in this design.
I have small wrist so I was hesitant to order thinking it would be over-sized, to my surprise its fit me well, just a tad bit bigger
and I would be an unsatisfied customer.
It is slim fitting, not bulky and very light. I have received many compliments in the short space of time I have been wearing it
and even a friend liked it so much he ordered the black one (now I want a black one! lol)
The hour mark and the watch hands glow in the dark which gives it a very cool look, so wearing it in the day would charge up the reflective
material to give you more luminance in the evening to late night. I really dig this brand and I'm looking to expand my Skagen collection very soon.
I subtracted a star based on the glass used, it does not seem to be very scratch resistant based on surface comparison with other scratch resistant
watches I have, guess time will tell :) i really don't want to put that to the test anytime soon, or later.
on August 4, 2010
I have had many Skagen watches, love the slimness and styling. But this watch has a design problem, after only having the watch for a month the crystal cracked all the way across with out any reason. No impact or damage just cracked! $40 plus shipping to send it to the repair facility in NV. BEWARE!!
on December 2, 2012
Watch is lightweight and feels solid at the same time.
Nice crystal and hardened display that won't scratch. The titanium has a smooth and elegant feel.
The chronograph is useful and has a nice layout that's legible.

the pictures don't do this watch justice it's one of the flagships for Skagen.