5.0 out of 5 stars I would not hesitate to buy this!!!!
Published on June 24, 2011 by Watch Nut

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Item...
I got the order on time but only thing I upset is wrong item. I order the white ceramic with "goldtone" but I finally got the pure white ceramic without goldtone Technically, I got the wrong model (816XSWXC1) but I don't have enough time to do the exchange or return. I promise my wife to give her a present on new year.
Published 10 months ago by Jakapon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I would not hesitate to buy this!!!!, June 24, 2011
This review is from: Skagen Women's 816XSWXRC1 Ceramic White Goldtone and Crystal Accent Dial Watch (Watch)
I purchased and received one other white ceramic watch before I realized that I needed to start verifying the dimensions of the case. Most were way too large for my small wrist. Most ceramic watch cases were the entire width of my wrist! I received this watch a couple of days ago. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT and cannot wait to take it to a jeweler to get the links taken out and sized to my wrist. If you're a larger wrist woman that likes petite watches, don't hestitate to buy this one. The band is very long and will accommodate larger wrists easily. I'm a "particular" jewelry buyer . . . this exceeded my expectations at first sight! It's not too heavy and compliments the size of my wrist beautifully. I have two other Skagen watches and have experienced NO mechanical problems with either one. Other watches I end up with scratched faces. Not my Skagen watches! I recommend this watch with absolutely ZERO hesitation . . . . and I'm very picky about my watches. Buy one and love it as I do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight & elegant, June 25, 2011
I was a little surprised when I first saw it. The watch is smaller than most Skagen watches. Very lightweight and elegant~! Love it very much~!

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Item..., December 30, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch..., December 17, 2013
1/1/14 Update: The mislabeling issue has been resolved by Ashford Watches and Amazon. I ordered this watch a third time and received the correct watch. (Both Amazon and Ashford made certain the issue was resolved before I ordered the third time.). It is a beautiful watch and definitely was worth the wait!

1.0 out of 5 stars Even at this price, you should get more than a year of use., July 30, 2013
It's a fashion watch. I get that. But if the ceramic is going to break at the lugs in less than a year, you might as well just buy a truly cheap watch while you save for some quality implementation of the ceramic. Otherwise, get a similar looking watch in stainless steel.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not purchase this watch; waste of money, July 24, 2013
I loved the look and size of this watch which only added to my disappointment when it literally fell apart after a month! Save your money for a better quality watch!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch but, beware..., December 8, 2012
I bought this watch for my wife and she loves it. I don't regret the purchase now but there was a full week after it arrived that I didn't feel that way. We had to take it to five separate jewelers in three separate towns before we found one that was willing and able to size it correctly. I had no idea it would be such an issue but now I know better. I wish someone had said something to me ahead of time. So, now you've been warned. The watch is great but you might want to research local jewelers before you take the plunge yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous watch - No regrets, August 25, 2012
I have been looking around for a watch for ages now - maybe 3 or 4 years. It wasn't just the price of the watches that made it difficult for me to find one but the pickiness comes from the fact that I have very small wrists (about 5.5"), so it's really hard to find a watch whose face is proportional to my wrists. Some delicate watches have faces that are so small, it's difficult to tell time. Most of the larger watches have faces so big, it looked like I was wearing a man's watch (which is trendy but just not the style for me).

When I opened my watch box, I knew that this was the watch for me. It is a delicate, solid and modern watch that is versatile and light. I brought my watch to a Skagen store, and they adjusted my strap free of charge. I couldn't stop checking the time because the watch is just so pretty.

I just wanted to add that this watch was purchased through Ashford Watches (and fulfilled by Amazon). The entire watch was brand new and wrapped in protective plastic. Shipping was lightning fast as well, so I left positive feedback for the seller.

* Things to keep in mind:
1. The other reviews on Skagen ceramic watches was that you want to go to someone who knows how to handle ceramic straps because they break easily.
2. The other reviewers also recommend asking for the links back, so you can replace them if they break. Apparently, it's very expensive to buy the links. The Skagen assistants gave mine back without me even asking. Make sure you put them in a small plastic bag to prevent scratching.

** Edited: Nov. 28th, 2013 **
The watch is still in perfect shape, although I had to replace the battery recently. Luckily, I haven't experienced any of the issues that the other reviewers reported. On my watch, nothing has fallen off, broken nor scratched yet. I wore the watch daily for the first eight months, and then regularly in the last few months.

I had purchased the watch for about $140 a year ago, which led to endless internal debates about whether or not to buy it, but that now it's at $80, I think that it is a fantastic deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, very good looking watch, March 16, 2014
I bought this watch for my wife. She has been wearing it daily for 6 or 8 months and has got a lot of compliments on it. Sadly, Skagen has discontinued this model.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good gift for my wife, January 15, 2014
I was able to size it to her very small wrist. She loves the look. The ceramic material adds a nice touch.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›