5.0 out of 5 stars Skaggen 856XLSLC
Very nice watch, nicely fits around the wrist. Although the photo of this watch makes it look like there is a black border around face, it is actually chrome. Still, a very nice time piece for any occasion.
Published 13 months ago by Mechsteve76

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking.
Can't rate precisely because the watch was NOT in working condition when delivered. Can give 2.5 stars just for the looks.
Published 4 months ago by Balaji Cousik

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Skaggen 856XLSLC, August 10, 2013
This review is from: Skagen Men's 856XLSLC Skagen Denmark White & Black Multifunction Watch (Watch)

5.0 out of 5 stars I collect Watches and this is one of the Best I own, September 14, 2013
----------------
The Good::::
----------------
If you are in need of an amazing watch for business, school, or work... then look no further.

I have been collecting watches since I was 8 years old. Now, almost 20 years later, I can honestly say this is one of the BEST watches I have ever owned. It would act as a nice gift for somebody else, or for yourself.

First off... I love this brand. I have had at least x6 friends who have started buying Skagen watches because of me (I own over 14 Skagen watches myself). This is one of the only Skagen watches that includes this many small dials (x3) on the watch [The small dials are - day of the week, Date of the month, and an extra seconds hand... I don't know why they added that last one - kind of redundant, but looks cool).

One reason I love Skagen is because of how slim they are. Besides the fact that people ALWAYS notice and compliment the slimness (hence my six friends mentioned above), I love the slimness because I scratch the watch face less often (although NOT resistant to scratching when you actually do hit the face, you will probably notice that you hit things less often - making you feel less clumsy then you really are).

Another reason to love Skagen: if you keep your box and receipt, you get a pretty good warranty, and customer service is above average compared to the other brands who "say" they warranty their products (but end up giving you a bunch of hassle, take a lot of time, etc.).

----------------
The Bad::::::
----------------
Not water (or alcohol) proof - I don't recommend this watch for the beach, swim parties, etc.

I have had some watch repair men who have broken my Skagen watches in the past. Because of the slimness - it can be hard to replace batteries (according to a watch repair man, I have not tried myself). Don't get me wrong... batteries in these guys don't need replacement for over x4 ish years on average... but I would probably look into sending the watch in for repair, or just getting a new one (after all, Skagen Watches sell for much cheaper then I think they should, considering their quality). The face of the watch can crack if not handled by professionals - who consequently - can void your warranty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Money, July 31, 2013
Very nice looking watch! The mixture of textured white dial, matte metal and chrome makes it stand out. The watch is light but has enough weight in it not to feel cheap.

My only complaint is the wrist band. First of all, it has about a 2 inch metal insert that goes from the base of the watch, around your wrist and is not flexible. On top of that it does not really look like leather... it looks and feels rubberish which makes this watch feel more like sports watch rather then luxury. But despite those personal preferences, the band is actually very comfortable and doesn't let the watch slide on the side of your wrist or make a 180 even when its loose.

Defiantly worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, June 3, 2013
Nice looking watch. Good for guys with smaller wrists. Doesn't stick out like a sore thumb when you wear it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, March 3, 2014
Great watch and very clean looking and lots of people have comment on it. I would recommend this watch to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, May 9, 2013
Like the styling and the quality is excellent. The instructions show multiple styles of Skagen watches which was a bit confusing, but once I found this model, setting it up was simple. Amazon service was flawless.

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent watch, March 12, 2013
I liked this watch, looks clean and stylish and comfortable. The outer ring is silver unlike the photo. I can recommend it.
Thanks.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking., May 24, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, May 9, 2014
Good watch already had one for years and got a second one just because the band had to be exchanged but couldn't find a dealer or distributor in my area to fix that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well made, April 27, 2014
Steve (SPRING, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
I had never heard of Skagen until recently. This watch is very well made and very comfortable. I would not hesitate to purchase another Skagen watch. I am impressed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›