Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skagen Men's 858XLSLC Theodor Quartz Two-Hand Stainless Steel Watch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 2, 2012
I love this watch! I have owned quite a few watches in the $25-60 price range in the past 15 years or so, and this one is by far the most elegant, most slim, and downright distinctive one I have ever owned. It is extremely thin, which means it does not catch on my cuffs (or, say, the edge of my car door) like several of my thicker watches. It is a little large for my taste, but not like some of the crazy-big watches currently being sold. I have smallish wrists and this one fits fine and looks fine on me. As a bonus, the absence of any unnecessary markings or a second hand makes it very easy to quickly glance at and know the time. I never realized how cluttered some of my other watch faces were until I bought this. I liked it so much that I turned around and ordered another Skagen watch in a different style. It is not a $3,000 watch (or even a $300 watch), and I didn't expect it to be. What it is, however, is a well-made watch that is several notches above my Timex watches in terms of style and manufacturing quality. If it shows wear in a few years I will gladly buy another Skagen to replace it. I am that happy.
on August 4, 2011
What the picture doesn't show is that the watch is wafer-thin. It's really beautiful! Be careful though, as in the picture the dial looks more white, when in reality it really is nearly the same color as the case, a sort of steely looking chrome. (I know the description says "chrome dial" and I totally misread it, so just FYI.)
on March 15, 2014
An understated design and slim profile make this, along with other skagens I own, my preferred timepiece. Specific to this one, it is remarkably easy to read at a glance.

I could not more strongly recommend this watch. It is my new "Daily Driver."
on February 21, 2014
WATCH DIAL COLOR IS NOT WHITE but chrome. I knew it from the other reviews, so I wasn't surprised. I am making it my first point so that the people who are here to buy won't miss it.

Watch is perfect, just the right size(for small wrists, it will be bigger), simple and classy. The watch looks way better to me on my wrist compared to the pictures I saw on the website.

The leather band is thinner than what I expected, but it is comfortable. I think the leather band will break in less than 6 months.

But still, I just love my new watch!!

Update - Sept 2015:

Still using it, works great!! Surprisingly, the leather band is still great too.. had to change the battery last month. 858XLSLC watch uses a size "321" battery.
on July 18, 2013
Really love the basic look to the watch but not what i expected.
when it arrived the watch was not working had a new battery placed in it and still did not work.
also please note this on skagen watches. the thin look design to them make it very difficult to replace the batteries on them. When you do get a new battery replaced on these style watches there more like to leave a mark on the backside cause the battery cap is tough to remove.
Looking to spend a little more on a watch now after learning about that.
hope this helps others who are making a decision on a watch to purchase.
on January 1, 2016
Wanted a simple every day leather watch. This fit the bill perfectly. Would have given 5 stars if the leather band was a little better. Probably won't be long before I have to upgrade the band but the watch itself is perfectly simple.
on October 26, 2013
This is a very nice, thin comfortable watch. It looks good for everyday wear or for an occasion. I haven't owned a Skagen watch before, but I would definitely look at one again when I need a watch.
on October 15, 2013
I got this watch a 2 years ago for about $60. The price has since gone up but it's still a good value. The color is a little misleading from the picture, the face is actually silver not white (as it appears). This watch is super slim, which is nice because it doesn't get snagged of shirt cuffs and it's so light you don't even realize you're wearing a watch. The only drawback is the strap, it cheap and deteriorates quickly (6 months or so). The watch is still going strong but the strap is now a little embarrassing looking up close. Overall, it's well worth purchasing and considerably cheaper than other slim watched.
on April 8, 2016
I really tried to like this watch for the style, but after 3 months the lack of functionality gave out.

It's just a poorly made watch masquerading to look high end. I enjoy using watches as my go to accessories, and at the same time switching them up, so the fact that I need to adjust them every week is a big "no."

For anyone who is trying to "just save some money" while getting a nice watch, skip over this brand.... They're manufacturer is s***.
on April 20, 2016
Very nice watch, others have described the face as "chrome", it is in fact vertical "brushed" stainless steel, with a polished stainless case. Yeah, the band could be of a higher quality but if it were the price would be about $40 more. Super thin, old school size, not over-sized like the kids buying their first big boy watch are wearing now. It's not flashy...just the opposite. It's understated and elegant. Quite honestly...It's just cool.

See 1 answered question