5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch, especially for the price.
Published 19 months ago by Erik E

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart within a few months
Where some watches have numbers going 1-12 around the edges, this watch has elegant dash marks. They look great. Trouble is they fall off! Look at my watch: [...]
Notice how there is no 3:00, 4:00, 5:00 or 9:00?

Published 9 months ago by Dan Landau

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart within a few months, October 15, 2013
This review is from: Skagen Men's 859LSXB Denmark Black Dial Watch (Watch)
Notice how there is no 3:00, 4:00, 5:00 or 9:00?

I have not put this watch through any abuse --just the regular day-to-day wear of an office worker-- yet it started falling apart within a few months of getting it. So disappointing...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch, especially for the price., December 2, 2012
This review is from: Skagen Men's 859LSXB Denmark Black Dial Watch (Watch)
I love this watch. I love it so much, I bought the blue face version as well. They're nice enough for work, dress but still even good for casual. I get compliments on the blue one, it is like royal blue, but the black face is my personal favorite, just so clean, nice contrast from the band. It is a decent size watch, not a large face and not very thick, but the weight is solid and the band is pretty well together. Some watch bands feel flimsy. I highly recommend this watch for someone who wants something pretty nice, good quality but not of ridiculous price.

1.0 out of 5 stars This was my 3rd Skagen watch purchase and I am grossly disappointed., November 13, 2013
This review is from: Skagen Men's 859LSXB Denmark Black Dial Watch (Watch)
This was my 3rd Skagen watch purchase and I am grossly disappointed. The watch did not tell accurate time (e.g. slow), so I had a new battery put in. Once the battery was changed the dial marks fell off and prevented the watch from working correctly. The date function would never work correctly. No matter what time I sent the date (i.e. morning or night) the date function always changed around 12 noon. I think I got a lemon on this watch. I have had the dial marks fall off on 2 of the 3 Skagen watches I have owned.

Skagen has beautiful designs but their Chinese execution of their designs really ruins the beauty of their watches. This will be the last Skagen watch I purchase. I am tired of their poor craftsmanship.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it but others may not, July 19, 2012
This review is from: Skagen Men's 859LSXB Denmark Black Dial Watch (Watch)
I like this watch, 19 out of 20 people will need to get it fitted but that shouldn't be a problem. I have relatively thin wrists for a man, so it looks perfect, larger customers may find it a bit small and the calender window is also kind of small, so others may not like it. Also the only other physical issue it is kind of hard to change the time at first because you have to twist the knob while applying little to no horizontal pressure on it, but if you get a fitted at a jeweler store which most will, the watch man will set it for you. Despite these minor issues, this is still a great watch, it's beautiful, and you'll get tons of compliments for it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, September 4, 2011
This review is from: Skagen Men's 859LSXB Denmark Black Dial Watch (Watch)
Longer band, most will need to remove a link or two. Beautiful thin face, but could be a tad larger. Excellent price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great watch!, May 5, 2014
This review is from: Skagen Men's 859LSXB Denmark Black Dial Watch (Watch)
This is the best watch I have ever owned. It is a very simple, elegant design, but looks fancy and classy, like a much more expensive watch. Unlike other bracelet watches, which are thick and bulky and heavy, this one is thin and relatively light. The only drawback is for those of us with thin wrists: the watch face is big (but this seems standard for most men's watches these days), and the first links attached to the watch face don't bend, causing them to stick out on my wrist. So I'm having a jeweler grind the back of the links so they bend downward ($40 with band adjustment). Some other reviewers note that the dash marks fall off. I find it hard to believe Skagen craftsmanship would be so shoddy and the watch looks very solid. And if they do fall off, I assume Skagen will fix it under warranty.

2.0 out of 5 stars Heed my warning! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!, January 27, 2014
This review is from: Skagen Men's 859LSXB Denmark Black Dial Watch (Watch)
After owning this product for two months, I have grown oh so fond of it. This product is BEAUTIFUL! That I simply can't deny, but a slight bump against the wall and five of the twelve markers FELL OFF! The markers that have fallen off now float around inside the case freely. Unfortunately receipt of my purchase in store is nowhere to be found - and Skagen will not do any repairs without a receipt. Never would I have imagined how fragile this timepiece is. I will be attaching a picture of my new ticking paperweight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great day to day watch., August 23, 2013
This review is from: Skagen Men's 859LSXB Denmark Black Dial Watch (Watch)
I've owned a few Skagens throughout the years and loved them all. I bought this one because it has a very basic band and face, which is nice for day to day use. So far this watch is light, comfortable, and takes the day to day wear i put on it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, classic watch, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Skagen Men's 859LSXB Denmark Black Dial Watch (Watch)
The Skagen Men's 859LSXB was purchased on Amazon through WatchinGo. The product arrived on time and well packaged. The watch itself is as pictured. The stainless steel is brushed for a softer look. The watchface is classically sized and perfect for an average wrist size. The date feature on the watch is appreciated. I will have to remove 2-3 links to fit properly on my 7" wrist.

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't got the bright watch, I got the right watch, December 14, 2012
This review is from: Skagen Men's 859LSXB Denmark Black Dial Watch (Watch)
All I wanted was a watch without any shiny features...just a nice clean design. This is it. Super clean. No silly numbers besides the date. Build quality is great.

Skagen Men's 859LSXB Denmark Black Dial Watch