5.0 out of 5 stars This watch has a nice masculine look without the bulk
Published on August 12, 2012 by robby z

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor customer service
The watch is great, but Skagen is now owned by Fossil, who has initiated some bad decisions regarding customer service. I've had my watch since January and the clasp is becoming loose. Such an easy fix, right?--slide off the old one and slide on a new one. But when I requested the cost of the new part, I was informed by Customer Service that,

"Metro Service...
Published on October 18, 2012 by Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars This watch has a nice masculine look without the bulk, August 12, 2012
robby z "moto man" (new york city area, usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's 906XLTTM Titanium Titanium Chronograph Watch (Watch)
In my 20's and 30's I could afford the luxury of buying myself a Cartier, a Breitling and a few other quality watches. But on a recent trip, I left my expensive Cartier on the hotel room's nite table while I left to use the health club, upon my return I found repair men about the room as I entered, and I quickly picked up my watch before it remained in the presence of perfect strangers unattended. I returned from my trip and thought, I should not travel with expensive watches anymore, its not worth the headache should I lose it, misplace it or had it stolen.

Went onto Amazon here and searched the huge database of mens watches, picked about 10 favorites and narrowed it down to this 1 watch before making the purchase. I want to let you the reader know that I never received as many compliments on the $8,000 and $10,000+ dollar watches as I get with this 124 dollar Skagen. The blend of Titanium and carbon fiber is what exotic cars like Ferrari, Lamborghinis and Maseratis are made of. Its a comfortable, slim, accurate, masculine, sporty yet dressy watch that has everyone asking where can they get one. If I were to do it all over again, I would have never spent thousands on the prestigious watches I always worried about damaging or losing. Should something happen to this Skagen, I will just come back to Amazon and order another one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor customer service, October 18, 2012
Scott (Anchorage, AK USA) - See all my reviews

"Metro Service Center became the sole authorized service center for Skagen watches. During this transition period, we are requiring all Skagen watches needing repair or replacement parts to go through our service center and we are not able to send out individual parts."

This makes no sense, but after repeated requests, they won't budge. Now, if I want to get the clasp replaced, I'm looking at at least two weeks without the watch. Bad policy. Bad customer service. Good information, though--I won't buy a Skagen product again

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great watch, April 27, 2013
Since my old reliable got damaged I had ordered 2 different brands of watches in preparation for a very special occasion. The 906XLTTM was the best of the two and It blew away the other brand, which I promptly returned . I must say that being my first Skagen watch I am very impressed with the feel and look of this watch; You cannot go wrong with this unit. When I ordered it I was concern about it being to large; it is not too large and the size ads to masculine look of the watch.
The adjustable band is very comfortable and easy to adjust to the wrist. It is so lightweight it feels natural while wearing it and not like a brick weighing you down. Without considering any other functions or benefits the looks of this watch would sell it in a heartbeat, the picture does not make it justice. It is not an overstated elegance, or over the top bling bling. It is modern, sleek and extremely pleasant to the eye, I find myself looking at it all the time and I have received several compliments on it.
Overall I am extremely happy with this watch, so much so that I just ordered a 809XLTBB to add to my collection; I highly recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique Style, July 10, 2012
D. Edwards (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
It's different, but it's been great.

Mechanically, it seems to keep time very well with very little deviation. I think adjusting the time once a year would be all that was necessary to keep it within a minute of the original set-time. Also, as I think someone else pointed out, the second hand does not move normally. You must use the button on the side of the watch to start it in motion; when doing so, the watch behaves much like a classic stopwatch - it's even capable of giving split times. Similarly, the chronographs only function when this stopwatch action is in use.

As to style, the chain-link band is very unique and very tasteful, in my opinion. I have received numerous compliments on my watch and more than a few inquiries as to what kind of watch it is or how to get one like it. Every element of the watch face is very well designed, aesthetically speaking.

Regarding comfort, I must admit I've lost a few hairs on my wrist from time to time (pun intended), but I must add that the number has been notably fewer than those lost to other metal-style bands. Adjusting the band to accommodate your wrist is quite simple to do, and, once adjusted, it conforms the wrist quite nicely and does not stick out on the sides as some stiffer bands may do. It is very lightweight as well, and, given its thin profile, does not snag as easily on shirt or jacket cuffs.

All in all, it's a really classy piece that functions beautifully.

2.0 out of 5 stars Chronograph, September 14, 2012
The watch feels and looks amazing. At first I was satisfied. Few days after the chronograph stopped working properly. Very dissapointed

5.0 out of 5 stars RICO'S VIEW, January 18, 2012
Only had the watch for a few weeks but I really like it. It looks very classy on. You do need a medium or larger wrist to wear it. Keeps great time. Only thing was that the sweep second hand would not work, well I read the instructions and found out that it only works when the Chronograph is activated. There is a small second hand dial that works constantly. Super fast shipping and handling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blend of causal and professional, January 3, 2012
I bought this watch for my husband. He works in the business end of project management. So while he often has to wear a suit, he also has to be on a construction job-site. This watch is a perfect blend of casual and professional for him. So far, the only complaint is that in the morning the watch fits him perfectly but by the time the day wears on, it is a little loose. But does not have to readjust the size and it fits the same the next morning. He has never experienced this before so I am not sure if this is him or the watch.

2.0 out of 5 stars heavy, at least some of this is stainless steel, January 10, 2012
Skagen 906XLTTM "Titanium Titanium" watch. I'm disappointed with the weight, which is an important factor in my purchase. I have an earlier *all* titanium Skagen that I got for $100 that always felt lighter than it looked, even after a few years. I marveled at the lightness of titanium. That is not the case with this one, no pun intended. I'm sure the watch is lighter than an all stainless counterpart, but this is a heavy watch for titanium case and band. The Amazon description states that the band material is titanium, and I am doubtful, though I cannot disprove that at this time. I carefully read the Amazon description for this model, since other models I'd looked at did specify stainless bands. This model is described as having a titanium band. One of the two matching pieces to the clasp on the band is stamped as being stainless, so it's a fair inference that the other part of the clasp is also stainless. I'm quite sure the whole band is stainless. The Skagen description on their web site states that the band material is "Mesh", which is vague. I've written to Skagen to inquire.

01/12/2012 update. pernille@SkagenDesigns.dk replied to state that the band material "is steel ion plated with titanium." This explains why the band, and thus the watch, is as heavy as it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Skagen watch, April 30, 2012
I have always liked Skagen watches and this is my third. I have a plain one for use as a dress watch and I dropped (accidentally) something very heavy on the other and shattered the glass.

I looked to buy this from Amazon.co.uk but they wanted £192. Amazon.com supplied it with shipping and clearance for less than £100 and it only took 6 days to arrive.

This watch is larger than some Skagen watches but this is great as the eyesight is going. It is comfortable to wear, accurate and the chronograph is easy to use.

I would recommend this watch and Amazon's service to all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, December 12, 2012
It broke after less than a month of light wear. I should have just bought through a store where I would have been able to take it back.