Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 8, 2014
Of all the varieties of blue-faced Skagens, this one has been my favorite and it seems to be scarce. I had been tracking it for a while and finally found a great price break so I grabbed it fast. I'm very glad I did. In real life, it's even sharper than in the photo. Those Danes sure know how to do sleek, understated design! Some reviewers said the date in the little date window is too small to see but I disagree and my near vision is nothing special. The blue is a much deeper shade than this photo shows and the red tip of the second hand adds a perfect touch and also makes the slim second hand more visible in low light. I'd hesitate to call the color of the mesh band "grey". It's clearly not black like Skagen's other mesh bands, but I think a "gunmetal" color is more accurate. It matches the color of the titanium case very well and light sparkles off of the small loops of woven titanium. Most of that case has a brushed finish except for the outer sides and rear cover which are polished. The case is molded so that it flows nicely toward the mesh band.

Sizing the band is not difficult if you carefully follow their instructions about lining up with an indentation underneath the band and not using the attachment pin for leverage when pressing down to lock in the proper fit. It's hard to describe but easy to understand when you see it in your hand. Putting the band on and taking it off does require learning a new skill but I was able to do it pretty well after about 5 wearings. You might have to turn your wrist over to rest the watch on a surface while you hook the band over its attachment point but that gets easier to do. Removing the watch is easier than putting it on but I suspect that putting it on will probably get easier the more I do it. The safety catch presses down securely and its loosening up on its own is highly unlikely. Oh, yeah, the watch also lets you see what time it is if you're interested in that sort of thing.

10 days later: Just wanted to add that I've now become adept at opening and closing the latch on the mesh band. I can do it pretty fast now without having to fumble around anymore. It's a simple acquired skill that anyone can master. I've received positive comments about the watch and am very glad I chose this one.

May 20, 2014 update: The watch is still running fine and I've become even more skilled with the band. I'm now able to put the watch on and take it off using just one hand and a little body English. And pretty fast, too. Wow. Pretty soon I may be booking for shows.
on May 23, 2013
I purchased this watch for my husband. He was so excited to receive it.
It arrived from the seller without a shipping invoice but it looked as advertised. I noticed that the watch was working when it arrived. When it started losing time after a week and a half we figured it was just the battery.
Took it in to the local watch shop (even though I should NOT have to replace a battery after a week and a half). Was told the battery was fine - and they cleaned the contacts.

Watch started working again - and stopped after a week.

Now I have to go through the hassle of returning it - and finding a watch for my husband that actually works.

So disappointed.
44 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2012
Gave this as a gift, and the recipient loved it! Great quality, sharp and very lightweight. the recipient loved the mesh-like band, and the blue face adds a little personality to the watch. Great for men with small wrists, as the face is not too large and the watch is thin and lightweight.
on August 20, 2013
Beautiful watch, good price. As soon as I opened the box, I noticed no movement of the second hand. Set the time and date, tapped the watch. The second hand kept stuttering and then stopping at the same place every revolution.

Probably a dead battery, but I sent it back because it always stopped in the same place, didn't want to spend another $10 for a new battery and take a chance the problem was something else.

Amazon, amazing as always, very easy return.

Found a cheaper Skagen watch on Amazon, black case and strap with a blue dial, two hands and no date--more what I wanted. Waiting for it to show up.
on January 28, 2013
This is a very slim watch that looks great whether its slipping out of the cuffs of a dress shirt or just sitting by itself at the end of my wrist while wearing a tee. I'm not a fan of metal bands, but was looking for watch that I could take swimming in the ocean without a woven band that begin to smell after a short time. This was it. The band is strong and secure, while it feeling very comfortable on my wrist. While not at all big or clunky like many of the other watches I've tried. Don't count on seeing the date though its quite small. Overall would highly recommend to anyone in search of fine looking quality timepiece.
on July 27, 2013
I was nervous about getting this online because it was literally half the price I was seeing in stores. It's exactly the watch I wanted. The band is good, the face is nice and I've managed not to scratch it so far, which is not very typical for me.

The only draw back to it is the mesh band. I'm not a big fan of them and I wish that they had offered another type of band with this face. But I'm not going to hold that against my review. I knew it was a mesh band when I ordered. It does look sharp, its just harder to clean.
on September 27, 2013
The first one I purchased from toponecorp. for 100$. I dropped it so hard the second hand gets stuck. So i purchased the second watch from amazon exactly like the first one for 85 $. The watch is so nice and amazon beat everyone's price. I would recommend this watch to anyone who needs a badass watch. Titanium is the way to go.
on February 1, 2015
Worst watch I have ever owned. Worked fine for a while, then started missing losing time. Replaced the battery to no avail. Says Denmark, but the case internals identifies China as the country of origin. Internals look cheap (I think because they are). Better with a Timex, it would have lasted longer. Their lifetime warranty is a joke, a third party company that wants all of your credit card information before they will even look at it, and on top of that a rediculous charge regardless of warranty -- I can see the handwriting on the wall with this one. I will never by another Skagen watch. Took a chance and got burned. Fool me once ......
on January 8, 2016
It's good looking, light-wait and comfortable to ware. It's also easy to read and robust. The date could be easier to read were the numbers larger, specially the two digit ones (from 10 to 31, that's more than 2/3 of the month).
on May 13, 2013
Comfortable watch, keeps time. High quality for the money= value. I get comments on this watch. I used to only buy timex, then seiko, I am a convert to Skagen. My seiko 5 would not keep time, the quartz are fine. Maybe one day there will be an affordable american made watch. Till then...Skagen.

See 1 answered question