5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!
Published on November 19, 2005 by J. Jorgenson

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken Crystals
Folks,

Published on September 5, 2006 by Don Bratton

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!, November 19, 2005
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LSS Mesh Bracelet Watch (Watch)
This watch is the best watch I have ever owned, no questions asked. It is so thin and so light you can barely even tell something is on your wrist. Many times I have to check to see if I'm wearing it or not because I don't feel it. I love the mesh band, it never scratches because it's mesh! The domed crystal is next to impossible to scratch, not like any other watch i've had. I have made several small nicks on the brushed steel casing and I have simply rubbed the steel with the scratchy side of a sponge very lightly (with the grain of the metal so to speak) and it has completely removed them from sight without leaving scratch marks. The clasp on the band is great too, it slides to adjust where u want it, and it has dual locking mechanisms so that it will never fall off your arm even if you hit it on something really hard. I wear this watch for everyday use, it's elegant and yet simple. I get more compliments on this watch than any other accessory I wear. It also comes with a 5 year skagen warranty so rest assured it will be taken care of. Great price for a great watch, Buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch, May 17, 2006
J. Koch (Boston, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LSS Mesh Bracelet Watch (Watch)
Besides the styling, which you can decide for yourself based on the picture,

What I like about this watch is:

1) It is a nice size for someone with a smaller wrist- if a larger watch looks ridiculously clunky on your wrist this will more likely work for you.

2) It has held up remarkably well- I tend to run into doors and walls absentmindedly and have 3 or 4 broken watches to show for it. It's also possible (but unlikely) that I haven't run into anything recently.

3) The links don't chafe your skin like watches with this style band occasionally do.

What I don't like about this watch:

1) I occasionally have a hard time with the clasp when I take it off; if you have arthritis it will be more difficult to take off. It will also come flying off occasionally and hit the ground (see item 2 in what I like about the watch)

2) The clasp is too much fun to open and close- It will also fly off when I absentmindedly open and close it.

It's also fairly distinctive; I've gotten several comments about it and even one offer to buy it. How about 10 bucks for it?, I was asked. (I said no)

You can make your own decision if that's a positive or negative.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken Crystals, September 5, 2006
Folks,

I have 3 of these watches. Why 3? Because at first I loved the extremely flat design and when I woke one day and found the crystal had cracked, I immediately bought another. Then, it too soon had a cracked crystal. I then learned Skagen would replace the crystal, (for $25.00), so I faithfully sent them both off to Skagen. In the meantime, I purchased another one. Sure enough, the first two watches had the crystals replaced as paid-for. I now had $350 invested in three watches and in the course of the next 3 months, the crystal broke in all 3 of them. I refuse to pay for any additional replacement. I am convinced Skagen has designed a defective watch. The crystal's design, or it's material, cannot handle the extreme flatness that makes the watch so beautiful to begin with. BUYER BEWARE! In all 5 cases, the crystal cracked without a traceable reason. Had it been one or two, maybe my fault.... somehow. BUT FIVE TIMES?? I think not. I am 45 years old and have owned many watches. Never have I broken the crystal on a single one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful watch for over 6 years., May 20, 2006
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LSS Mesh Bracelet Watch (Watch)
I have owned this watch for almost 7 years. Only in January of this year did the battery require replacement. I regularly get compliments from people passing by. It is slim, durable, and has great design aesthetics. I highly recommend this watch !!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, cheap, cheap... but very expensive., August 14, 2006
Pedro Libre "Pedro" (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LSS Mesh Bracelet Watch (Watch)
I bought this model because it looks great. I paid $100 for it from one of the department stores. From the day I bought it the watch has lost about 10 to 15 minutes a day. I thought it was the battery so I replaced it for $10 but that didn't help. In order to get it repaired I had to send it to them via special delivery which cost me $12 more. I checked my mail today and they sent me a letter asking for $8.95 for the cost of repairs or else I won't get the watch back. I'm trying to figure out why I'm being asked to pay for repairs for a watch that is clearly under warranty. I'll be calling them tomorow to find out. In the meantime.. don't buy a Skagen watch unless you like cheap junk and lousy service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless, July 13, 2006
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LSS Mesh Bracelet Watch (Watch)
The Skagen Men's Stainless Steel Watch w/Steel Mesh Band is the second of two Skagen watches added to my husband's watch collection. He appreciates the sleek light weight style, as well as its portability for travel in comparison to other bulky watches. The Skagen Stainless Steel is versatile and can be worn as a dress up or down accessory. I highly recommend the Skagen Stainless Steel Watch to anyone looking to purchase a comfortable economical time piece!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Fast Shipping, August 23, 2006
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LSS Mesh Bracelet Watch (Watch)
The watch is wonderful! Original Packageing, Brand new, not a scratch on it (until I bumped a brick wall the other day and put one there myself). This was the best price I found after searching for this watch every day for 2 weeks straight. I was very satisfied with this purchase and I would recommend to anyone interested in a Skagen to look to Amazon before ever paying the $120+ that department stores charge for these awesome watches.

1.0 out of 5 stars another broken crystal, December 19, 2006
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LSS Mesh Bracelet Watch (Watch)
I work in an office and do not subject my watch to any unusual stress. Within three days of receiving my new skagen titanium watch the crystal was shattered. I have no idea what caused it. After paying $36.00 (including shipping) and sending it back to skagen for service, I received it back in two weeks with a new crystal. This one lasted only two days before shattering. There is obviously a design flaw in this watch. This one is my last one. It is junk. Do not buy a skagen.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Cracked with Cold...Band Clasp is Cheap/ Falls Apart, January 27, 2007
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LSS Mesh Bracelet Watch (Watch)
First time I tried to put on the watch, I had to bend the tab to get the band to clasp properly. Then the adjustment piece came loose while wearing and off came the watch. Put it all back together, it worked for a couple of weeks until it again needed adjustment. It is an ongoing problem.

Today I went outside. The crystal broke spontaneously as soon as the cold air hit the face.

The watch looks nice, but it is poorly made. My advice would be to stay away from Skagen until they change the band clasp system and correct their crystal breakage problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars receives compliments from rolex snobs, November 2, 2006
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LSS Mesh Bracelet Watch (Watch)
When we married last spring my husband agreed to a white gold ring, but his watches all clashed. I wanted to get him a new watch, something slim, durable, and good looking (like him). But I am just a poor PhD student so I couldn't spend too much. I found this watch and it fit the budget and the looks. Just recently a rolex wearer told him how great looking it was, and a woman asked if it was a Skagen. When my man confirmed that it was, she said 'I knew it, they make great watches!' Wow.

Rate and Discover Movies