Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM

on November 19, 2005
This watch is the best watch I have ever owned, no questions asked. It is so thin and so light you can barely even tell something is on your wrist. Many times I have to check to see if I'm wearing it or not because I don't feel it. I love the mesh band, it never scratches because it's mesh! The domed crystal is next to impossible to scratch, not like any other watch i've had. I have made several small nicks on the brushed steel casing and I have simply rubbed the steel with the scratchy side of a sponge very lightly (with the grain of the metal so to speak) and it has completely removed them from sight without leaving scratch marks. The clasp on the band is great too, it slides to adjust where u want it, and it has dual locking mechanisms so that it will never fall off your arm even if you hit it on something really hard. I wear this watch for everyday use, it's elegant and yet simple. I get more compliments on this watch than any other accessory I wear. It also comes with a 5 year skagen warranty so rest assured it will be taken care of. Great price for a great watch, Buy it!
on September 5, 2006
Folks,

I have 3 of these watches. Why 3? Because at first I loved the extremely flat design and when I woke one day and found the crystal had cracked, I immediately bought another. Then, it too soon had a cracked crystal. I then learned Skagen would replace the crystal, (for $25.00), so I faithfully sent them both off to Skagen. In the meantime, I purchased another one. Sure enough, the first two watches had the crystals replaced as paid-for. I now had $350 invested in three watches and in the course of the next 3 months, the crystal broke in all 3 of them. I refuse to pay for any additional replacement. I am convinced Skagen has designed a defective watch. The crystal's design, or it's material, cannot handle the extreme flatness that makes the watch so beautiful to begin with. BUYER BEWARE! In all 5 cases, the crystal cracked without a traceable reason. Had it been one or two, maybe my fault.... somehow. BUT FIVE TIMES?? I think not. I am 45 years old and have owned many watches. Never have I broken the crystal on a single one.
1313 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2006
Besides the styling, which you can decide for yourself based on the picture,

What I like about this watch is:

1) It is a nice size for someone with a smaller wrist- if a larger watch looks ridiculously clunky on your wrist this will more likely work for you.

2) It has held up remarkably well- I tend to run into doors and walls absentmindedly and have 3 or 4 broken watches to show for it. It's also possible (but unlikely) that I haven't run into anything recently.

3) The links don't chafe your skin like watches with this style band occasionally do.

What I don't like about this watch:

1) I occasionally have a hard time with the clasp when I take it off; if you have arthritis it will be more difficult to take off. It will also come flying off occasionally and hit the ground (see item 2 in what I like about the watch)

2) The clasp is too much fun to open and close- It will also fly off when I absentmindedly open and close it.

It's also fairly distinctive; I've gotten several comments about it and even one offer to buy it. How about 10 bucks for it?, I was asked. (I said no)

You can make your own decision if that's a positive or negative.
on May 20, 2006
I have owned this watch for almost 7 years. Only in January of this year did the battery require replacement. I regularly get compliments from people passing by. It is slim, durable, and has great design aesthetics. I highly recommend this watch !!!
on April 4, 2014
I got this for my grown son since he likes the one his father has. It is so light and attractive. My son has very thin wrists, but the clasp on this is very adjustable and so this fits like other watches haven't. I highly recommend the Skagen line of watches; we've had several in this family and they are comfortable and the thinnest watches we've found.
on April 7, 2014
I bought this for my boyfriend for our 2 year anniversary. My boyfriend doesn't have any watches, so I wanted to get him something lightweight, and easy to get used to. This watch is perfect. The face isn't too large, and it is lightweight. Skagen is great brand also. My boyfriend gets tons of compliments on this watch.
on December 19, 2006
I work in an office and do not subject my watch to any unusual stress. Within three days of receiving my new skagen titanium watch the crystal was shattered. I have no idea what caused it. After paying $36.00 (including shipping) and sending it back to skagen for service, I received it back in two weeks with a new crystal. This one lasted only two days before shattering. There is obviously a design flaw in this watch. This one is my last one. It is junk. Do not buy a skagen.
on March 10, 2014
I had bought this same watch ten years ago. I was looking for a replacement and couldn't find any better so I bought the same watch again. I have given it five stars because I can't give more stars than that. Absolutely the best watch to own.
on July 13, 2006
The Skagen Men's Stainless Steel Watch w/Steel Mesh Band is the second of two Skagen watches added to my husband's watch collection. He appreciates the sleek light weight style, as well as its portability for travel in comparison to other bulky watches. The Skagen Stainless Steel is versatile and can be worn as a dress up or down accessory. I highly recommend the Skagen Stainless Steel Watch to anyone looking to purchase a comfortable economical time piece!
on August 23, 2006
The watch is wonderful! Original Packageing, Brand new, not a scratch on it (until I bumped a brick wall the other day and put one there myself). This was the best price I found after searching for this watch every day for 2 weeks straight. I was very satisfied with this purchase and I would recommend to anyone interested in a Skagen to look to Amazon before ever paying the $120+ that department stores charge for these awesome watches.