Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on November 19, 2005
This watch is the best watch I have ever owned, no questions asked. It is so thin and so light you can barely even tell something is on your wrist. Many times I have to check to see if I'm wearing it or not because I don't feel it. I love the mesh band, it never scratches because it's mesh! The domed crystal is next to impossible to scratch, not like any other watch i've had. I have made several small nicks on the brushed steel casing and I have simply rubbed the steel with the scratchy side of a sponge very lightly (with the grain of the metal so to speak) and it has completely removed them from sight without leaving scratch marks. The clasp on the band is great too, it slides to adjust where u want it, and it has dual locking mechanisms so that it will never fall off your arm even if you hit it on something really hard. I wear this watch for everyday use, it's elegant and yet simple. I get more compliments on this watch than any other accessory I wear. It also comes with a 5 year skagen warranty so rest assured it will be taken care of. Great price for a great watch, Buy it!
0Comment37 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2006
Folks,

I have 3 of these watches. Why 3? Because at first I loved the extremely flat design and when I woke one day and found the crystal had cracked, I immediately bought another. Then, it too soon had a cracked crystal. I then learned Skagen would replace the crystal, (for $25.00), so I faithfully sent them both off to Skagen. In the meantime, I purchased another one. Sure enough, the first two watches had the crystals replaced as paid-for. I now had $350 invested in three watches and in the course of the next 3 months, the crystal broke in all 3 of them. I refuse to pay for any additional replacement. I am convinced Skagen has designed a defective watch. The crystal's design, or it's material, cannot handle the extreme flatness that makes the watch so beautiful to begin with. BUYER BEWARE! In all 5 cases, the crystal cracked without a traceable reason. Had it been one or two, maybe my fault.... somehow. BUT FIVE TIMES?? I think not. I am 45 years old and have owned many watches. Never have I broken the crystal on a single one.
1111 comments37 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2006
Besides the styling, which you can decide for yourself based on the picture,

What I like about this watch is:

1) It is a nice size for someone with a smaller wrist- if a larger watch looks ridiculously clunky on your wrist this will more likely work for you.

2) It has held up remarkably well- I tend to run into doors and walls absentmindedly and have 3 or 4 broken watches to show for it. It's also possible (but unlikely) that I haven't run into anything recently.

3) The links don't chafe your skin like watches with this style band occasionally do.

What I don't like about this watch:

1) I occasionally have a hard time with the clasp when I take it off; if you have arthritis it will be more difficult to take off. It will also come flying off occasionally and hit the ground (see item 2 in what I like about the watch)

2) The clasp is too much fun to open and close- It will also fly off when I absentmindedly open and close it.

It's also fairly distinctive; I've gotten several comments about it and even one offer to buy it. How about 10 bucks for it?, I was asked. (I said no)

You can make your own decision if that's a positive or negative.
on May 20, 2006
I have owned this watch for almost 7 years. Only in January of this year did the battery require replacement. I regularly get compliments from people passing by. It is slim, durable, and has great design aesthetics. I highly recommend this watch !!!
on December 19, 2006
I work in an office and do not subject my watch to any unusual stress. Within three days of receiving my new skagen titanium watch the crystal was shattered. I have no idea what caused it. After paying $36.00 (including shipping) and sending it back to skagen for service, I received it back in two weeks with a new crystal. This one lasted only two days before shattering. There is obviously a design flaw in this watch. This one is my last one. It is junk. Do not buy a skagen.
on July 13, 2006
The Skagen Men's Stainless Steel Watch w/Steel Mesh Band is the second of two Skagen watches added to my husband's watch collection. He appreciates the sleek light weight style, as well as its portability for travel in comparison to other bulky watches. The Skagen Stainless Steel is versatile and can be worn as a dress up or down accessory. I highly recommend the Skagen Stainless Steel Watch to anyone looking to purchase a comfortable economical time piece!
on August 23, 2006
The watch is wonderful! Original Packageing, Brand new, not a scratch on it (until I bumped a brick wall the other day and put one there myself). This was the best price I found after searching for this watch every day for 2 weeks straight. I was very satisfied with this purchase and I would recommend to anyone interested in a Skagen to look to Amazon before ever paying the $120+ that department stores charge for these awesome watches.
on January 27, 2007
First time I tried to put on the watch, I had to bend the tab to get the band to clasp properly. Then the adjustment piece came loose while wearing and off came the watch. Put it all back together, it worked for a couple of weeks until it again needed adjustment. It is an ongoing problem.

Today I went outside. The crystal broke spontaneously as soon as the cold air hit the face.

The watch looks nice, but it is poorly made. My advice would be to stay away from Skagen until they change the band clasp system and correct their crystal breakage problems.
on August 14, 2006
I bought this model because it looks great. I paid $100 for it from one of the department stores. From the day I bought it the watch has lost about 10 to 15 minutes a day. I thought it was the battery so I replaced it for $10 but that didn't help. In order to get it repaired I had to send it to them via special delivery which cost me $12 more. I checked my mail today and they sent me a letter asking for $8.95 for the cost of repairs or else I won't get the watch back. I'm trying to figure out why I'm being asked to pay for repairs for a watch that is clearly under warranty. I'll be calling them tomorow to find out. In the meantime.. don't buy a Skagen watch unless you like cheap junk and lousy service.
on January 19, 2007
I love the design of this watch. It looks even better that what you see on screen. The thinness is very cool.

However, my band is starting to come apart after only four uses. I am very careful with my things and do not abuse them. I would expect a metal band to last a long time, but this one is coming apart on one side where it's welded to the bracket that holds the pin to the case.

I called Skagen in NV and they said "sorry, we only warrant the movement, not the band." After pointing out that I expected the band to last more that four days, the lady transferred me to someone's voicemail in order to get rid of me. Classy, Skagen.

This watch is great if you only plan to use it occasionally. Otherwise, look for something more sturdy. Other Skagen watches I own have worked great, but not this one.