4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch
Published on February 5, 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Watch for the Money, but......
Published on June 6, 2010 by Seaboard46

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Watch for the Money, but......, June 6, 2010
Seaboard46 (Central Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LTTM Titanium Mesh Watch (Watch)
I've had my Skagen Titanium watch for about 3 years now, and it's been a relatively good performer. On the pro side, the watch is thin and light and like most quartz watches, accurate. On the con side, I've had some problems with sharp edges on the buckle clasp (it can catch a sleeve and cause a snag), and the mesh band developing a few kinks. I did find that Skagen can provide a replacement band at a very low price. Since I've had the watch for 3 years, the battery gave out, and since I'm adept at changing watch batteries (with the proper tools), installing the new battery was a snap. I did discover a surprise when the watch was open....the stainless steel watch back was stamped "Made in China" on the inside. So just be aware.....the danish name and design is great, the movement is Japanese, and the Skagen folks obviously found the cheapest place for assembly - China. Although the watch has a modern european design, it's a cheap chinese watch under all the good looks. Skagen, for obvious reasons, does not make this manufacturing fact known in any of their advertising or manuals.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, February 5, 2008
Amazon Customer (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LTTM Titanium Mesh Watch (Watch)
This is a beautiful watch and lives up to the manufacturer's specs with the exception of thickness. Although it is wonderfully slim, it is in fact 6.2mm thick and not 5mm as specified. This is the case with the other thin Skagen watches that I have purchased. Skagen's web site also contains innacurate information regarding actual thicknesses. They should correct this as the products are excellent, but customers have the right to know exactly what they are purchasing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but with Constant Repairs, July 1, 2011
Jess (Washington, DC, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LTTM Titanium Mesh Watch (Watch)
I've owned this watch for almost 2 years, while I do like the size, weight, and style of the watch (and most Skagen watches in general), I've had issues with the crystal constantly cracking, falling out, and chipping every few months. Skagen used to allow jewelry stores to repair the crystals & clasps when broken, but now require you to send your watch and payment to a centralized skagen repair location, which is quite inconvenient.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'd buy a Skagen watch again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, elegant and rugged, December 26, 2006
Claude Carriere (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LTTM Titanium Mesh Watch (Watch)
Over the years I have had many watches, some even told time. I was getting tired of heavy gadget watches that suck up power and, I also wanted something that you could wear at a classier event with a suit. When I saw this one, I fell in love with it.

Features, well it tells time.

Beyond that, it is amazingly THIN AT 5MM THICK! It barely rises above your wrist and won't catch on your shirt sleeve.

It is water resistant to 30 meters.

Both the case and the bracelet are made of titanium. Titanium is a tough very light metal that will not rust or corrode. It is also heat resistant.

The crystal is scratch resistant and the battery seems to last for quite a while. I have had this watch for three years now without a battery change yet.

You can adjust the band to your wrist size quite easily with a small screwdriver. You move the clasp up or down the band to preset grooves set in the band then snap it back in securely.

The clasp has a double closure mechanism, so it is quite safe and should not fall off your wrist. I have owned this watch for over three years now and have had no problems with the clasp.

I initially wanted this to wear at special occasions, but I now wear it all the time. There is always someone who wants me to take it off my wrist to show it to them. Everyone is impressed with how slim this watch is. I have four watches in total. This is the only one that gets compliments regularly.

Watches are useful items, but they are also considered to be jewelry. It think jewelry should only enhance your appearance, not make a bold statement about your wealth or acceptance of technical gadgetry or ... This watch says, simple, uncomplicated, confident.

Skagen has many beautiful models that I would recommend, this is only one them. The company itself can be found through a search on the Internet, so you can see everything they have to offer. You don't have to settle with what one dealer or web site is offering.

3.0 out of 5 stars HARD TO READ, March 2, 2007
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LTTM Titanium Mesh Watch (Watch)
I returned my 342XLTTM because the crystal cracked with no impact (common problem) so I ordered this watch and after two days I am very disappointed as it is very hard to read. There is a lot of glare in any direct light and the hands don't have a lot of contrast with the face. I would not buy this again so I'm looking for another watch to wear every day but am skeptical because the Skagen 380LSXM I bought has the same problem. I like the thin profile of the watch and the clasp works fine but I would like a watch that is easy to read without looking at several angles. So, I'm hesitant to buy another Skagen without seeing it in person.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing watch, May 27, 2010
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LTTM Titanium Mesh Watch (Watch)
I've never consistently worn a watch. I've owned Relics and Fossils like everyone else, and they were OK. Large leather bands are uncomfortable and make my wrist sweat, clunky metal ones catch in my arm hair... This mesh band is the perfect solution. It's comfortable in every way. The clasp has never come loose as some other reviews have mentioned. Nor has the crystal cracked or scratch at all. It looks exactly like the day I bought it. Also, the time hasn't deviated a second from when I first set it. With my other watches I was always checking my cell phone to make sure they were right, which basically defeats the purpose of wearing a watch in the first place.
Stylish, dressy, casual, comfortable. The perfect watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and classy, June 10, 2010
Blake Kizer "KizerB" (Towson, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LTTM Titanium Mesh Watch (Watch)
I truly love this watch, that aside...

The packaging is great, almost Apple like. It comes with very interestingly designed packaging.

The watch itself is very stylish, and comfortable to wear. It's lightweight, so you almost never even feel it. The mesh band is easy to clean. The face of the watch holds up well to any scratches or scuff marks. The appearance is very thin, the clasp on the band is thicker than the watch face.

I have received a lot of compliments on this watch. I would highly recommend this watch to anybody. It can be worn casually day to day or with any dress wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just About Perfect, February 22, 2010
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LTTM Titanium Mesh Watch (Watch)
It's a thin watch. It's the perfect size and color for understated elegance. The design is very simple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Style and Quality, November 30, 2009
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LTTM Titanium Mesh Watch (Watch)
The watch was better in person than pictured, Skagen always provides such great quality and design. The price was incredible for the product. I would highly recommend both the watch and the service provided by Amazon. A definate MUST buy if you're a Skagen fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skagen watch, August 25, 2009
kp (north carolina, usa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233LTTM Titanium Mesh Watch (Watch)
This watch is very flat and cool looking. My husband loves it. It was the perfect anniversary gift.

ARRAY(0xa6a9d690)