Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on June 6, 2010
I've had my Skagen Titanium watch for about 3 years now, and it's been a relatively good performer. On the pro side, the watch is thin and light and like most quartz watches, accurate. On the con side, I've had some problems with sharp edges on the buckle clasp (it can catch a sleeve and cause a snag), and the mesh band developing a few kinks. I did find that Skagen can provide a replacement band at a very low price. Since I've had the watch for 3 years, the battery gave out, and since I'm adept at changing watch batteries (with the proper tools), installing the new battery was a snap. I did discover a surprise when the watch was open....the stainless steel watch back was stamped "Made in China" on the inside. So just be aware.....the danish name and design is great, the movement is Japanese, and the Skagen folks obviously found the cheapest place for assembly - China. Although the watch has a modern european design, it's a cheap chinese watch under all the good looks. Skagen, for obvious reasons, does not make this manufacturing fact known in any of their advertising or manuals.
22 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2008
This is a beautiful watch and lives up to the manufacturer's specs with the exception of thickness. Although it is wonderfully slim, it is in fact 6.2mm thick and not 5mm as specified. This is the case with the other thin Skagen watches that I have purchased. Skagen's web site also contains innacurate information regarding actual thicknesses. They should correct this as the products are excellent, but customers have the right to know exactly what they are purchasing.
on December 26, 2006
Over the years I have had many watches, some even told time. I was getting tired of heavy gadget watches that suck up power and, I also wanted something that you could wear at a classier event with a suit. When I saw this one, I fell in love with it.

Features, well it tells time.

Beyond that, it is amazingly THIN AT 5MM THICK! It barely rises above your wrist and won't catch on your shirt sleeve.

It is water resistant to 30 meters.

Both the case and the bracelet are made of titanium. Titanium is a tough very light metal that will not rust or corrode. It is also heat resistant.

The crystal is scratch resistant and the battery seems to last for quite a while. I have had this watch for three years now without a battery change yet.

You can adjust the band to your wrist size quite easily with a small screwdriver. You move the clasp up or down the band to preset grooves set in the band then snap it back in securely.

The clasp has a double closure mechanism, so it is quite safe and should not fall off your wrist. I have owned this watch for over three years now and have had no problems with the clasp.

I initially wanted this to wear at special occasions, but I now wear it all the time. There is always someone who wants me to take it off my wrist to show it to them. Everyone is impressed with how slim this watch is. I have four watches in total. This is the only one that gets compliments regularly.

Watches are useful items, but they are also considered to be jewelry. It think jewelry should only enhance your appearance, not make a bold statement about your wealth or acceptance of technical gadgetry or ... This watch says, simple, uncomplicated, confident.

Skagen has many beautiful models that I would recommend, this is only one them. The company itself can be found through a search on the Internet, so you can see everything they have to offer. You don't have to settle with what one dealer or web site is offering.
on July 1, 2011
I've owned this watch for almost 2 years, while I do like the size, weight, and style of the watch (and most Skagen watches in general), I've had issues with the crystal constantly cracking, falling out, and chipping every few months. Skagen used to allow jewelry stores to repair the crystals & clasps when broken, but now require you to send your watch and payment to a centralized skagen repair location, which is quite inconvenient.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'd buy a Skagen watch again.
on March 2, 2007
I returned my 342XLTTM because the crystal cracked with no impact (common problem) so I ordered this watch and after two days I am very disappointed as it is very hard to read. There is a lot of glare in any direct light and the hands don't have a lot of contrast with the face. I would not buy this again so I'm looking for another watch to wear every day but am skeptical because the Skagen 380LSXM I bought has the same problem. I like the thin profile of the watch and the clasp works fine but I would like a watch that is easy to read without looking at several angles. So, I'm hesitant to buy another Skagen without seeing it in person.
on May 27, 2010
I've never consistently worn a watch. I've owned Relics and Fossils like everyone else, and they were OK. Large leather bands are uncomfortable and make my wrist sweat, clunky metal ones catch in my arm hair... This mesh band is the perfect solution. It's comfortable in every way. The clasp has never come loose as some other reviews have mentioned. Nor has the crystal cracked or scratch at all. It looks exactly like the day I bought it. Also, the time hasn't deviated a second from when I first set it. With my other watches I was always checking my cell phone to make sure they were right, which basically defeats the purpose of wearing a watch in the first place.
Stylish, dressy, casual, comfortable. The perfect watch.
on March 12, 2011
The photo shown looks like a blue dial, when it is actually silver in the specifications. The 233LTTM has a silver-gray dial with silver numbers and silver hands. All this silver makes for difficult reading. The watch is nice and thin, and has a great design.
on October 27, 2011
I initially received this watch as a gift in 2006. Somehow I lost that watch at home this year. Poof. It vanished. I searched everywhere. After weeks of looking for it and hoping it would turn up, it hadn't. I needed a new watch and figured I loved this style so much that I'd buy the exact same watch. There does seem to be a few new design changes (not necessarily bad).

The strap that goes on the inside of the other strap used to have a metal tip (instead of a simple rounding and coating of the mesh band). I liked that little addition, but thought that it might come off one day. Now I don't have to worry about it.

Overall the thin body of the watch and the very cool mesh works so well for me. I have a small wrist (for a man) and so a giant body of a watch just looks odd on me. I got compliments and inquiries on my first watch all of the time. Now that I have a replacement, I'm sure those will resume. If I lose this one (God forbid), I will likely buy it again. I love it that much. It retails for one-twenty-five at a local store, so for sub-60, it's a steal from Amazon.
on January 13, 2012
Just got the watch, and it was what I was hoping for -- looks sharp, and it's very lightweight, because of the titanium, and the watch itself is as slim as any I've ever owned. That's the main thing I was looking for since the more substantial watches always annoy me when I'm typing, and I wind up taking them off.

The band was very easy to adjust to size, and there are little grooves in the band the clasp slots into to help it stay put, which seems to work quite well.

The titanium-mesh band is nice; it's got similar thickness as a synthetic or leather band (rather than an articulated metal band), but it still feels cool, and not like its trapping moisture next to my skin.

All in all, very pleased with the watch. I'll keep this review updated if I have any problems with durability.
on June 10, 2010
I truly love this watch, that aside...

The packaging is great, almost Apple like. It comes with very interestingly designed packaging.

The watch itself is very stylish, and comfortable to wear. It's lightweight, so you almost never even feel it. The mesh band is easy to clean. The face of the watch holds up well to any scratches or scuff marks. The appearance is very thin, the clasp on the band is thicker than the watch face.

I have received a lot of compliments on this watch. I would highly recommend this watch to anybody. It can be worn casually day to day or with any dress wear.