Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skagen Men's 331XLSXM Links Watch
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 29, 2010
I bought this watch over a year ago because I felt that a good watch is a necessary accessory for any man. While I didn't have much to spend, I wanted to get something sleek and something that fit my wrist, as I have very thin wrists. Enter the Skagen 331XLSXM.

I think it should be noted that before this watch I had owned a few prior, and never wore any of them for more than a week. They would weigh my wrists down, or it would just be downright annoying to wear them since I wasn't used to constantly having something on. This Skagen changed that. In the year I've owned it, there have been maybe 10 days total where I didn't wear it. It's very comfortable, and the tapered shape makes it feel much thinner than it is. I feel very alone without it.

The time it keeps is great. I am pretty adamant about keeping "perfect" time, according to the US Atomic Clock. I set this watch by the atomic clock...3 months ago? Checking for this review, my watch is 13-14 seconds slow. Given watches will always lose/gain time for one reason or another (wrist movement, gravity, etc.) I'd say the timekeeping is very accurate.

There are some downsides: I have found that I don't like the date to be in a dial format, because it makes it difficult to read. Another reviewer also stated that the 24-hour dial is dumb, because it assumes the user is too dumb to figure 24-hour time out: I agree. I also think that changing the date itself is tricky, but it could also be my inexperience.

A shared experience some Skagen customers have had is the crystal face breaking. Reading this flabbergasted me. Prior to reading this, I had thought that Skagen had the formula for a watch face as hard as diamond. I regularly do yard work with my watch on, and have hit it against various objects with a fair bit of force. I have a scratch, but no crack. The last hit I was coming around a corner and cut it too short, the crystal directly hitting the corner of my desk (a sharp-er corner, not a rounded one). I was expecting to see a big crack (it was a hard hit), but nothing more than a scratch at the 4 o'clock mark. I was impressed, and that solidified my opinion of this watch.

Overall I rate this 5 stars. While I don't like the date dial, both the date dial and the 24-hour dial function properly, and the dislike is stylistic on my part alone. I have had no problems with this watch; in fact it has kept time perhaps too accurately. If you use your watch to catch a bus or train (accurate to a minute or two), this watch will not let you down. I have had no problems with the crystal. Another reviewer also mentioned that the thickness is closer to 9mm then 6mm. Measuring mine from the very bottom of the watch (the bezel?) to the top of the domed crystal, it's pretty damn close--8mm-9mm. While I like to keep an eye on the thickness, the tapered shape (as mentioned before) makes it feel like it's much smaller.

I would recommend this product, and because of this watch I will buy Skagen in the future. As a matter of fact I have another Skagen on the way thanks to this watch.
on March 10, 2007
I've purchased a number of Skagen watches as gifts and this watch is one of the best. The size of this watch is impressive and because of that the 3 dials are fairly easy to read. The metal band is nice and wide and has a quality latch. Be sure to find a watch that 'fits' your wrist size, since this watch dwarfs a small wrist. I recommend comparing case diameters. The thinness of these watches is their best feature and definitely sets them apart.
on February 6, 2013
I got this watch about a month ago. Although I dont wear it everyday ( I have a big and bulky casio for everyday use ), so far it works great. I hope it will last as long as my old seiko watch :) The price must be fluctuating though ... When I bought mine, it was around $50
on March 14, 2014
I use it everyday and have been for months now. My goal was to purchase a low-maintenance good looking watch. I am very pleased. After the initial sizing, I have not needed to adjust this watch at all. It is very comfortable, and I wear it close-fitting. The clasp has lasted everyday use and then some, since my job requires taking it off/putting it on many times a day -and it is extremely easy to do as well. It has never unlatched on it own. Most of the items I own tend to take a heavy hit and then mysteriously stop working, but this one continues to survive. I have no cons with this device at all. It is accurate, and performs it's job without issues -and looks good doing so.
on July 1, 2012
I got this gift as a father's day present from my girlfriend and I must say...It is absolutely wonderful! It looks great...barely noticable on the wrist while you are wearing it...can be used with a suit or just a t-shirt and jeans. I work in a 5-star hotel and have actually been getting great compliments about it from both colleagues and guest. Not a bad thing I must say.
on October 17, 2012
This is a beautiful everyday watch. You get all the info you need with the individual day and date dials, along with a useless military time dial. This watch is $125 at Macy's; I bought mine for $65 on Amazon. Go check it out at the department store then log in to Amazon to buy it at half off.
on June 13, 2012
I've owned this watch for nearly two years and am still very happy with it. I do get compliments now and then about this watch, and it certainly has a modern yet classy look to it. This just screams "Scandinavian."

-Face: Stunningly beautiful and simple, monochromatic aesthetic. Gun metal grey face looks different in various lights. Glowing watch hands (excluding second hand). Domed case cover. Very scratch resistant--I've banged mine against stucco walls (accidentally of course) and found no scratches. amazing! 24-hour sub dial isn't really necessary, but it helps when trying to set the watch to ensure you have the correct date.

-Case: Appears to have a thin profile (although it actually doesn't), has perfect diameter. Not too small so as to appear feminine, but not so large as to appear as though you're overcompensating for some deficit or can't see your watch 2 feet from your face (I hate huge, gaudi watches). Description says "Extra Large" but I would say "medium" relative to other watch companies. Is waterproof. The crown is however a very small and smooth piece of metal, so it can be a bit hard to grip it in order to set the watch. My advice: wash your hands and dry them well to get rid of greasy fingers and then set it. This is not really a big deal to me since I rarely have to set my watch except when I travel between home and college.

-Watch Band: Clasp is very well made and a cinch to get on and off by using buttons. The pattern of matte and shiny links is slick and elegant, however the shiny links scratch very easily. This is my only complaint of the watch, really. Thankfully other people probably won't see the scratches so easily, but they are very much there. Having said this, I don't think the watch would be as beautiful as it is without the shiny links.

Conclusion: Buy this watch. You won't be disappointed, and you'll be hard pressed to find a better watch at this price point. Skagen is absolutely amazing.
on December 31, 2010
The reason I own several Skagens are mainly twofold: They are durable and comfortable. You hardly notice you are wearing a Skagen. They keep great time and I have subjected them to very severe conditions that go beyond their specifications. I've immersed them in water for hours (water sports) - far beyond what they are rated at for water resistance, and have subjected them to shocks a Casio G-Force would crumble under, and they don't flinch. Brilliant watches, and they still keep time perfectly under hard conditions. Time, after all, is what a watch is supposed to do....and Skagens rule the roost.
on October 20, 2007
This watch looks simply beautiful on. It fits a smaller wrist like mine nicely. It looks much more expensive than it is; everyone thought that I had spent a lot more than I did.

The prior reviews are correct, though; setting the watch is not straightforward. For example, setting the day of the week requires that you turn the adjustment dial through complete 24 hour periods until you arrive at the correct day. E.g., moving from Wednesday to Friday requires that you rotate the time 48 hours. The 24 hour feature also is a little useless; it assumes that you are too dumb to know whether it is morning or evening.

Otherwise, a great watch.
on January 6, 2012
Received this watch tonight after studying the reviews. Had a Skagen before and enjoyed its fineness of style. This watch is no exception. It looks stunning "in person," in 3 dimensions and natural light. The band flows like silk and the watch face gleams with fine silver lines. This is the type of watch to wear at the Baccarat table at the Wynn in Vegas, or to a Lincoln Center concert (if you're formal), or to impress a date or business prospects. Just beautiful.