5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful low profile
Got this for my fiance, who works in medicine. Easy-to-read face, lovely design details, seemingly weightless feel is very unobtrusive on the job. The slim, very smooth finish leather band is comfortable and easy to keep clean - no linky hidey holes for germs and yuck. Overall, a great purchase and good price at Amazon, quick ship & safe packaging, arrived in good shape.
Published on January 11, 2010 by T. Delany

2.0 out of 5 stars Unable to replace watch band
A very nice everyday watch. Unfortunately, it is now impossible to replace the watch band. I contacted Skagen USA about the problem and it said that bands were lost as a result of a merger but if I wanted to mail the watch to Skagen it would repair it for $32 + the cost of a new band. Clearly not worth it for a watch that is about $100.
Published on October 22, 2012 by Annoyed

2.0 out of 5 stars Unable to replace watch band, October 22, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful low profile, January 11, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Breakable, July 3, 2010
Ryan T. Parr (Albany, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's Black Watch #233XXLSLB (Watch)
I very beautiful watch; however, I have cracked the crystal twice and have no idea how. Sent it in to get repaired and it came back brand new looking..awesome!! Then one day later the crystal was cracked again. Now what? Don't want to spend the $35 to get it fixed again. If you are remotely handy around the house avoid this watch. It is to sensitive.
UPDATE..2010.08.14
I called up Skagen and told them my sad story and without hesitation they sent me a new watch free of charge. Now I have a beautiful watch I'm scared to wear, but at least it is not broken and I"m not out any more $$$.
I give Skagen two thumbs up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for small wrists., May 18, 2012
This review is from: Skagen Men's Black Watch #233XXLSLB (Watch)
I'm a big fan of this watch. It's super thin and is great for men with smaller wrists. It is also really classy and understated. I bought this because I'm a therapist and I wanted a watch, for timing sessions and deep breathing, that would look nice but would not make a huge statement. This thing looks great and isn't over the top flashy. The time is really easy to read at a quick glance, which I like. One thing I didn't realize when I bought it is that it's got military time on the inside (a 13 next to the 1, and 14 next to the 2...). This is great for me because at times I have to use military times to enter client information. If you're looking for something nice that you can wear with anything, this is a great looking watch. The strap is also very nice leather and I expect it to hold up well. This is my first day with the watch so at the moment I can't comment on its durability.

Edit 2/17/2014: The band split. Luckily you can order a replacement for 25 dollars from another seller on this site. I wore it a good bit before this happened, but because it didn't really hold up I can only give it 4 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, October 3, 2008
This review is from: Skagen Men's Black Watch #233XXLSLB (Watch)
A great watch, thin, light, and is simple but very elegant. I just love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like it, September 14, 2011
This review is from: Skagen Men's Black Watch #233XXLSLB (Watch)
I really like this watch. I'm no expert, but it looks different to other watches and it has a low profile so fits easily under my shirt sleeve.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disposable Timepiece, October 13, 2013
This review is from: Skagen Men's Black Watch #233XXLSLB (Watch)
Bought this watch for daytime wear on my recent trip to Europe. Loved the slim design and almost weightless feel. Unfortunately, after less than two weeks "on the road" worn for leisurely sightseeing, the band began to pull out of the screw pins that mount the band to the watch housing. This type of issue is NOT covered by manufacturer warranty and from previous posts I've read you may have problems even getting replacement parts. It's too bad, a sweet design, but zero durability.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1 year later, January 6, 2013
This review is from: Skagen Men's Black Watch #233XXLSLB (Watch)
I've been using the watch for over a year and really like the thinness of the watch. I've gotten several complements and have had many people ask about it. I use this most days and it has survived my day to day activities including hand washings etc. The only knock I have on it is with the band (common complaint with Skagen watches). I can't seem to post a picture on this particular product, but leather band started to separate right around the holes I used the most within the first couple of months. It's been over a year and the band still has a 1cm area where if you look from the side you can see the area where it separated. Still, I've been able to use it everyday and it hasn't broken on me yet although when it does, getting a replacement band is going to be a pain because Skagen uses a special type of band not commonly found.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Quality at GREAT Price!, July 22, 2011
This review is from: Skagen Men's Black Watch #233XXLSLB (Watch)
I received this watch and it was in excellent condition. This is my 4th Skagen watch and I love all of them. The leather band is comfortable and I love the size of the watch face, easy to read. Very inexpensive but very expensive looking! Sleek watch at great price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch great - trouble getting new band, July 11, 2012
This review is from: Skagen Men's Black Watch #233XXLSLB (Watch)
The watch is great. My problem is that after a year of use, the band is nasty and I need a new one. It seems impossible to find one on line. I purchased what I thought was a replacement band from Amazon, but it was pin type band, not the screw held band of the 233XXLSLB watch. How do I get a replacment band?

Skagen Men's Black Watch #233XXLSLB