Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on December 28, 2012
Review:

I bought this watch for my boyfriend, he absolutely loves it and so do I! When I first opened the package (which came a day ahead of schedule), I noticed the smoothness of the band, and the intricate features on the face. In addition to the thin profile of the watch, I bought this knowing my boyfriend would appreciate the bits of red detailing added to the watch. There are 3 other dials on the watch, my boyfriend enjoys the 24 hour dial the most.

All of the dials were easy to set, the crown was sturdy- I poked and prodded with it for a few good minutes to make sure it wouldn't get loose or bend. I set everything before I gave it to him as his birthday gift so I knew it would be in working order right when he opened it, and also so if there were problems, I could exchange the product in time, but there were not problems.

I have owned many Skagen watches; my boyfriend and I are both very skinny and it is hard to find watches that don't look like bulky Christmas ornaments on our tiny wrists, but Skagen watches have never let me down, and I am happy that this watch (being my boyfriend's first -real- watch, actually) did not let him down either. His coworkers comment on how nice it is, and I occasionally catch him looking at it for no reason at all, simply just to admire.

It's low profile, classy, and can be worn dressed up or down. Black matches everything, and the dotted background to face is a neat touch. There are holes in the band, tiny, but they add nice detail, rather than leaving the band plain. The design of the holes in the band, I'm assuming, is to match the background of the watch face.

Pros:
-Comfortable and Slim
-Detailing is simple, but classy
-Metal working pops through the glass (the picture in this listing does not do the watch justice, there seems to be a light reflection on the picture here, making the face looked washed out)
-Different time/day dials are a great feature
-Adjustable band is easier to deal with (and conforms to the wrist better) than titanium bands.

Cons:
-Tiny font used for the smaller dials/chronograph, makes it a little hard to read
-The watch is 40mm, still a little big for people with tiny wrists. The thin profile really makes up for this, though.
on April 26, 2013
I love the watch, it's one of the larger Skagens, but still classy. The numbers on the date dial are crisp but pretty tiny. The band is nice soft calfskin, wide and comfortable. The watch is very light. Just know that if you want a watch able to display the time in two different zones - like, say, local and GMT - this isn't it. The 24-hour subdial only displays the 24-hr equivalent of the primary hour hand. The product description and Skagen's own website aren't clear about this, so I found out the hard way.
on December 21, 2013
I love this watch because of the style and comfort it offers. I have a few other more expensive watches, but needed something that wouldnt interfere with working on a computer all day. It is light weight, stylist and functional. I get compliments on it all the time.
on March 17, 2014
I have owned Skagen watches before. Their design and quality cannot be beat for the price. I was skeptical about this watch because I've only owned ones with the mesh band before. After receiving this watch I can tell you that although it looks really good in the picture, it is far nicer in person. The leather band is very strong and high quality. It was very easy to set (read the directions). I am a huge Skagen watch fan and this watch has made me an even bigger one! I would definitely recommend it.
on March 3, 2013
It's everything it is in the pictures and more. Its ultra sleek and very attractive. Many complain about the numbers being too small to read on the three smaller dials but I can read them just fine (maybe my eyes are a little more sprightly). Comes in a very sleek case with an awesome little pillow that it was resting on (now used as a chin rest in class) Good down to 30 m so i don't have to worry about what happens if it gets wet. The lens glass is a little soft so be careful when wearing it (more suited for an office building rather than a school.) The picture doesn't do it enough justice. If you're still reading this, just buy the thing already. It keeps brilliant time and setting it is incredibly easy. For 80 some dollars, it beats most in its field for looks, functionality and class. 5/5

Update: Forget it.After a month the crown didn't function. After two, the watch stopped working entirely. The glass scratched with light contact to most surfaces and shows smudges and grime easily. It is now gathering dust on a shelf because it is too expensive to fix. I'm looking elsewhere. Sorry Skagen, Fossil looks stronger. Still, a broken clock is right two times a day
on July 25, 2013
classy watch doesn't feel like its even on your wrist. I do agree with the other reviews that the stub to change the time is a little long but I have gotten used to it after a few wears. wont be my last skagen watch!!!
on May 6, 2013
Great pice and value for the quality. It is just what I was looking for, thin, lightweight and relatively comfortable. the only uncomfortable aspect of wearing the watch is the way the long sharp stem pokes your wrist when you bend your hand up. The pictures don't show it very well. they could have designed a much larger diameter stem which would not poke your wrist so sharply. So far it has kept very accurate time, i have worn the Skagen watch for 3 weeks now.
on September 4, 2013
Let me preface this by saying that this is my second Skagen watch, so I knew the quality for the price was going to be there. I have had time to wear this watch for about 2 months now. Switching off wearing this Skagen with my other one, I've worn it for about a month then.

My first reaction to this watch was just wow. Its very, VERY slim, the leather band is genuine and fits comfortably, and the black dial with multifunctional use dials are crisp, easy to read, and don't get in the way of telling the time. It's very easy to change the date, day and time, instructions were not even needed even though they were supplied.

After 2 months, I can genuinely say that this watch is more than worth it for the price. I get many compliments on the watch, especially how slim it is, (one of the main reasons I first bought Skagen because the slimness).

I would highly recommend this watch, I have never had a watch with multifunctional dials before, and after wearing this watch, I do not know how I survived for so long.
on July 9, 2013
I enjoy the watch, but after five years of low impact use, the crystal cracked. This in itself is not a problem, but buyers should understand you must return the watch to Skagen for repair: local jewelers will not replace crystal.
HERE'S A FOLLOW UP:
I sent my watch in for repair July 11, just over 2 weeks ago. The cost for crystal replacement is $32, plus $15 postage. Not sure about return postage, but if it's $15, that's a total cost of about $62.

The local quote to replace a crystal is about $8.00.

Buyer beware.
I am not hard on my watches. The crystal on this watch broke within 2 weeks of owning it. Had it replaced at an independent watch shop. Now the number markings are falling off the watch face one by one. Four of them are now rattling around inside the crystal. Very disappointing. Skagen does not offer any support - their warranty is useless.