5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, Thin, Comfortable, Affordable
Review:

Published on December 28, 2012 by Domino

3.0 out of 5 stars Slick Skagen
Beautiful watch, thin profile and tasty details such as perforated strap. Shame that the little adjuster knob pokes out so much into your skin. Otherwise very metro
Published 18 months ago by Matt Barus

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, Thin, Comfortable, Affordable, December 28, 2012
Review:

I bought this watch for my boyfriend, he absolutely loves it and so do I! When I first opened the package (which came a day ahead of schedule), I noticed the smoothness of the band, and the intricate features on the face. In addition to the thin profile of the watch, I bought this knowing my boyfriend would appreciate the bits of red detailing added to the watch. There are 3 other dials on the watch, my boyfriend enjoys the 24 hour dial the most.

All of the dials were easy to set, the crown was sturdy- I poked and prodded with it for a few good minutes to make sure it wouldn't get loose or bend. I set everything before I gave it to him as his birthday gift so I knew it would be in working order right when he opened it, and also so if there were problems, I could exchange the product in time, but there were not problems.

I have owned many Skagen watches; my boyfriend and I are both very skinny and it is hard to find watches that don't look like bulky Christmas ornaments on our tiny wrists, but Skagen watches have never let me down, and I am happy that this watch (being my boyfriend's first -real- watch, actually) did not let him down either. His coworkers comment on how nice it is, and I occasionally catch him looking at it for no reason at all, simply just to admire.

It's low profile, classy, and can be worn dressed up or down. Black matches everything, and the dotted background to face is a neat touch. There are holes in the band, tiny, but they add nice detail, rather than leaving the band plain. The design of the holes in the band, I'm assuming, is to match the background of the watch face.

Pros:
-Comfortable and Slim
-Detailing is simple, but classy
-Metal working pops through the glass (the picture in this listing does not do the watch justice, there seems to be a light reflection on the picture here, making the face looked washed out)
-Different time/day dials are a great feature
-Adjustable band is easier to deal with (and conforms to the wrist better) than titanium bands.

Cons:
-Tiny font used for the smaller dials/chronograph, makes it a little hard to read
-The watch is 40mm, still a little big for people with tiny wrists. The thin profile really makes up for this, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Slim watch, July 25, 2013
This review is from: Skagen Men's SK806XLTBLB Titanium Black Dial Watch (Watch)
classy watch doesn't feel like its even on your wrist. I do agree with the other reviews that the stub to change the time is a little long but I have gotten used to it after a few wears. wont be my last skagen watch!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality - nice design but breaks easily, April 10, 2014
This review is from: Skagen Men's SK806XLTBLB Titanium Black Dial Watch (Watch)
I am not hard on my watches. The crystal on this watch broke within 2 weeks of owning it. Had it replaced at an independent watch shop. Now the number markings are falling off the watch face one by one. Four of them are now rattling around inside the crystal. Very disappointing. Skagen does not offer any support - their warranty is useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, March 28, 2014
This review is from: Skagen Men's SK806XLTBLB Titanium Black Dial Watch (Watch)
Very nice quality watch. I have similar skagen watches and like the low profile and sleek styling. I do not have the problem several others have mentioned about the knob jamming into the wrist or back of hand. Maybe I wear my watch higher up on my arm than others? Also have a thin wrist.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality and stylish, March 17, 2014
This review is from: Skagen Men's SK806XLTBLB Titanium Black Dial Watch (Watch)
I have owned Skagen watches before. Their design and quality cannot be beat for the price. I was skeptical about this watch because I've only owned ones with the mesh band before. After receiving this watch I can tell you that although it looks really good in the picture, it is far nicer in person. The leather band is very strong and high quality. It was very easy to set (read the directions). I am a huge Skagen watch fan and this watch has made me an even bigger one! I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I won't take it off, March 9, 2014
This review is from: Skagen Men's SK806XLTBLB Titanium Black Dial Watch (Watch)
I got this as a Christmas Gift and despite owning other brand name watches, i just don't know how to take this one off, great piece of tool and would buy one for myself soon in time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my new standard day to day watch, December 21, 2013
This review is from: Skagen Men's SK806XLTBLB Titanium Black Dial Watch (Watch)
I love this watch because of the style and comfort it offers. I have a few other more expensive watches, but needed something that wouldnt interfere with working on a computer all day. It is light weight, stylist and functional. I get compliments on it all the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, but battery doesn't last., November 25, 2013
Kazuki (Ann Arbor, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's SK806XLTBLB Titanium Black Dial Watch (Watch)
I've been using this watch for three years. I love it. It's so simple yet people notice it because it's such a beautiful watch. The only negative is that battery doesn't last long. I replaced the battery by sending it to Skagen USA and the battery didn't last for one year. But I'm going to buy one of these again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slick Skagen, September 9, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Second Time Skagen Buyer, September 4, 2013
This review is from: Skagen Men's SK806XLTBLB Titanium Black Dial Watch (Watch)
Let me preface this by saying that this is my second Skagen watch, so I knew the quality for the price was going to be there. I have had time to wear this watch for about 2 months now. Switching off wearing this Skagen with my other one, I've worn it for about a month then.

My first reaction to this watch was just wow. Its very, VERY slim, the leather band is genuine and fits comfortably, and the black dial with multifunctional use dials are crisp, easy to read, and don't get in the way of telling the time. It's very easy to change the date, day and time, instructions were not even needed even though they were supplied.

After 2 months, I can genuinely say that this watch is more than worth it for the price. I get many compliments on the watch, especially how slim it is, (one of the main reasons I first bought Skagen because the slimness).

I would highly recommend this watch, I have never had a watch with multifunctional dials before, and after wearing this watch, I do not know how I survived for so long.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›