5.0 out of 5 stars sleek and elegant design
sleek and elegant design

the band is comfortable, easily adjusted and the clasp is very sturdy.

Published on January 6, 2007 by Building contractor

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective design
Published on June 16, 2008 by Lisa A. Streib

5.0 out of 5 stars sleek and elegant design, January 6, 2007
This review is from: Skagen Women's 233XSSS Grenen Quartz 2 Hand Stainless Steel Silver Watch (Watch)
sleek and elegant design

the band is comfortable, easily adjusted and the clasp is very sturdy.

the crystal is very clear and the face is easy to read, there is no second hand though, if that concerns you.

it's very thin and light weight as far as size, a nickel perfectly covers the crystal and a quarter will cover the entire body including the knob, so if you put a nickel on top of a quarter you can get an idea of the size and the thickness of the entire watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to read plus elegant design, October 31, 2007
This is my fifth Skagen watch. (I wear all of them on different occasions.) I love the clean Danish design and the comfort and durability of all of my Skagen watches. I bought this one because I can read the time more easily than on my small dress watch and more exactly than on my watches without 12 hour-markers. Skagen makes women's watches with large dials and others with very small ones. There aren't many in between. This one is small enough to look good on my small wrist but large enough to read easily. And did I say I love the combination of the silver hands and markers with the glimmery mother-of-pearl face? Very classy and elegant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Graceful and functional, March 3, 2008
This is the third Skagen watch I've owned. I wear my watch as my only piece of "jewelry" at work, this is often workplace requirement for me, yet no matter how grubby I feel and look, the Skagen watch is elegant and makes me feel attractive, without being flashy. Mother of pearl face is subtle, doesn't show up well in this photo, but is very pretty.

The mesh wristband is great. It doesn't ever get sweaty and sticky on my skin like leather watch bands.

I wish this model had a second hand. Also, be careful about getting the watch wet. Like most "water resistant" watches, it is okay to get a splash of water or rain on it, but I wouldn't recommend submerging it in water. This is not a real "heavy duty" watch, serves my purposes in helthcare, but would be careful about wearing it while doing any intense outdooer work. Wristband adjustment can be a little tough. Could be my problem, and I prefer adjusting myself instead of taking it to a jeweler to get links removed!

Amazon selection and prices for Skagen's are excellent, superior to the big department stores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves it., December 28, 2007
Bought this watch for my wife for Christmas. She was looking for a Skagen as they look really classy and expensive and are really quite affordable. People think they are much more expensive than they really are. I showed my wife pix from Amazon for her to pick one as she is quite particular about what she wants. Got this one as it was exactly what she wanted. Has numbers and a white face. Nice stainless steel mesh band. My wife is very happy. FYI, these watches cost literally more than twice as much at Macy's and cost less here than similar ones at Costco, which is also a good bet to buy from but usualy ony carry one or two styles. But Amazon's selection was the best, by far, seriously, of anybody's.

I love Amazon as they always ship quicker than they say they will. Maybe it's because we're in LA and I think they have a facility here. But nonetheless it's great that they beat their own time frame. (I am not a stooge for Amazon, just a satisfied customer).

5.0 out of 5 stars Skagen Thin Stainless Steel Watch Mother of Pearl Face, January 6, 2008
I noticed this watch on a colleague's wrist and loved it. The mesh band is simple enough for work/weekend, but dressy enough for evening events. The mother of pearl face is very attractive and has a chameleon like quality. The watch is extremely light weight and comfortable to wear. Amazon has an amazing price on this style and the shipping was very quick. If you want a high quality attractive watch without spending hundreds of dollars I recommend both Skagen and Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective design, June 16, 2008
Lisa A. Streib (Atlanta, GA, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch to wear on my vacation to Guatemala. I wanted something inexpensive in case it was stolen. The first day I wore it I was out jogging and it broke and fell off my arm scratching the crystal. One of the pins attaching the band to the watch had fallen out. I took it to a local watch repairman and he fixed it. On my first day in Guatemala the watch fell apart again and my husband lost the pin while trying to fix it. I have other Skagen watches that are designed differently. If you look at how this one is put together it seems that it is designed to fall apart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy, December 24, 2008
I bought this as a Christmas present for my wife. The watch is very high quality, and the stainless steel is just beautiful. The mother-of-pearl inlay is very nice and not over done. This watch just looks classy and goes well with both work or casual clothes. For point of reference, the watch face is about the size of a US Quarter.

The watch is surprisingly light and the band very flexible. The watch band is highly adjustable, and does not involve removing any loops of the band since the band is a steel weave. Instead, there is an small lever built into the fastener and small ribs in the watch band. To adjust the band all that is required is to loosen the lever, move the latch to the right location and then tighten it down again. You'll need a small screwdriver to do this as it cinches tightly onto the band.

I wanted to get my wife a watch that was quite nice,had a high build quality, but one that was not extremely expensive. This Skagen watch gets 5 stars on all three of those criteria. We both love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS PICTURED, December 13, 2011
I LOVE THE WATCH AND IT WAS SUPER FAST SHIPPING BUT...IT WAS A MOTHER OF PEARL FACE WITH NO CRYSTALS ANYWHERE. KEEPING THE WATCH BUT THE SELLER NEEDS TO CHANGE THE PICTURE ITS FALSE ADVERTISING.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bargain, August 4, 2012
I bought this for my wife as an anniversary present for our 11th anniversary (Traditionally-steel). It has a sleek and elegant design butthe picture doesn't do it justice, the stainless steel is highly polished and the mother of pearl face gives off beautiful colors in changing lighting.

The band is comfortable, easily adjusted and the clasp is very sturdy, I own a few Skagen's (3) and besides a couple of batteries they have never given me a problem

Watch has a light thin design and the face is about the size of a nickel.

5.0 out of 5 stars SECURE CLASP = "HOOK, SNAP, AND SNAP", June 12, 2011
Many have complained about the clasp on Skagen watches. This video illustrates a helpful way to secure the clasp in order to prevent accidentally dropping the watch due to insufficiently closing the clasp.

Just sing, "Hook, snap, and snap" each time you put on your Skagen watch. That is, first attach the hook end of the clasp to the other end which has the horizontal pin (the pin at the bottom part), then snap, fold down and close the clasp, and then snap a second time. Once you have performed "hook, snap, and snap" successfully, your clasp is now sufficiently secure.

Hope this helps! :)