Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on January 6, 2007
sleek and elegant design

the band is comfortable, easily adjusted and the clasp is very sturdy.

the crystal is very clear and the face is easy to read, there is no second hand though, if that concerns you.

it's very thin and light weight as far as size, a nickel perfectly covers the crystal and a quarter will cover the entire body including the knob, so if you put a nickel on top of a quarter you can get an idea of the size and the thickness of the entire watch.
11 comment|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2007
This is my fifth Skagen watch. (I wear all of them on different occasions.) I love the clean Danish design and the comfort and durability of all of my Skagen watches. I bought this one because I can read the time more easily than on my small dress watch and more exactly than on my watches without 12 hour-markers. Skagen makes women's watches with large dials and others with very small ones. There aren't many in between. This one is small enough to look good on my small wrist but large enough to read easily. And did I say I love the combination of the silver hands and markers with the glimmery mother-of-pearl face? Very classy and elegant.
on March 3, 2008
This is the third Skagen watch I've owned. I wear my watch as my only piece of "jewelry" at work, this is often workplace requirement for me, yet no matter how grubby I feel and look, the Skagen watch is elegant and makes me feel attractive, without being flashy. Mother of pearl face is subtle, doesn't show up well in this photo, but is very pretty.

The mesh wristband is great. It doesn't ever get sweaty and sticky on my skin like leather watch bands.

I wish this model had a second hand. Also, be careful about getting the watch wet. Like most "water resistant" watches, it is okay to get a splash of water or rain on it, but I wouldn't recommend submerging it in water. This is not a real "heavy duty" watch, serves my purposes in helthcare, but would be careful about wearing it while doing any intense outdooer work. Wristband adjustment can be a little tough. Could be my problem, and I prefer adjusting myself instead of taking it to a jeweler to get links removed!

Amazon selection and prices for Skagen's are excellent, superior to the big department stores.
on December 28, 2007
Bought this watch for my wife for Christmas. She was looking for a Skagen as they look really classy and expensive and are really quite affordable. People think they are much more expensive than they really are. I showed my wife pix from Amazon for her to pick one as she is quite particular about what she wants. Got this one as it was exactly what she wanted. Has numbers and a white face. Nice stainless steel mesh band. My wife is very happy. FYI, these watches cost literally more than twice as much at Macy's and cost less here than similar ones at Costco, which is also a good bet to buy from but usualy ony carry one or two styles. But Amazon's selection was the best, by far, seriously, of anybody's.

I love Amazon as they always ship quicker than they say they will. Maybe it's because we're in LA and I think they have a facility here. But nonetheless it's great that they beat their own time frame. (I am not a stooge for Amazon, just a satisfied customer).
on January 6, 2008
I noticed this watch on a colleague's wrist and loved it. The mesh band is simple enough for work/weekend, but dressy enough for evening events. The mother of pearl face is very attractive and has a chameleon like quality. The watch is extremely light weight and comfortable to wear. Amazon has an amazing price on this style and the shipping was very quick. If you want a high quality attractive watch without spending hundreds of dollars I recommend both Skagen and Amazon.
on August 4, 2012
I bought this for my wife as an anniversary present for our 11th anniversary (Traditionally-steel). It has a sleek and elegant design butthe picture doesn't do it justice, the stainless steel is highly polished and the mother of pearl face gives off beautiful colors in changing lighting.

The band is comfortable, easily adjusted and the clasp is very sturdy, I own a few Skagen's (3) and besides a couple of batteries they have never given me a problem

Watch has a light thin design and the face is about the size of a nickel.
on July 2, 2013
I love Skagen watches, our family have 5 of them but our most recent watches (purchased in the last 12 months) have shown signs of inferior made in China (which they are) quality.

The look is fantastic and elegant and the strap comfortable and unique. Kept great time and worked great for 3 months until I brought it into contact with water for the first time. Was just soaked in a rainstorm (watch was never submerged at all) and the next day I find condensation on the inside of the watch glass so bad that I could not read the face. It's not an expensive watch but I do expect it to be water resistant which at 3 ATM which is what it says on the case, I should not encounter something like this which renders the watch useless. Will update you on their warranty service but 5-8 weeks is just a pain.

UPDATE - Sent the watch in for warranty and got back a brand new one. Good warranty service and only took 2 weeks.
on June 12, 2011
Many have complained about the clasp on Skagen watches. This video illustrates a helpful way to secure the clasp in order to prevent accidentally dropping the watch due to insufficiently closing the clasp.

Just sing, "Hook, snap, and snap" each time you put on your Skagen watch. That is, first attach the hook end of the clasp to the other end which has the horizontal pin (the pin at the bottom part), then snap, fold down and close the clasp, and then snap a second time. Once you have performed "hook, snap, and snap" successfully, your clasp is now sufficiently secure.

Hope this helps! :)
on June 16, 2008
I bought this watch to wear on my vacation to Guatemala. I wanted something inexpensive in case it was stolen. The first day I wore it I was out jogging and it broke and fell off my arm scratching the crystal. One of the pins attaching the band to the watch had fallen out. I took it to a local watch repairman and he fixed it. On my first day in Guatemala the watch fell apart again and my husband lost the pin while trying to fix it. I have other Skagen watches that are designed differently. If you look at how this one is put together it seems that it is designed to fall apart.
55 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2011
This was my first watch and until this one, I always thought that watches weren't "for me." I thought that they would feel tight on my wrist, or be uncomfortable if they got wet; I thought that they were all bulky and cumbersome.

This watch is perfect for everyday wear. I bought a very pretty, but big, Invicta watch and stopped wearing it after a couple weeks because I couldn't get used to it. Then I tried again and bought this one, and I haven't taken it off. It's thin and doesn't catch on anything. The mesh band is very easy to adjust to a perfect fit, even with my small wrists. The dial is easy to read at a glance, and it's low-key enough to be worn with bracelets and rings. I've had it for about four months and I feel naked without it. I've never showered with it on, but I don't worry about washing my hands or washing dishes with it, and I haven't had any problems.

If you are thinking of getting a watch for yourself or someone else who doesn't really wear watches, get this one. You won't be disappointed.

Update: I've now had it for a year with no problems what-so-ever.

See 1 answered question