4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch for the price paid
Bought this watch for my wife, she likes it.

"+"

+ Stylish & expensive-looking

+ stainless steel case and bracelet

+ has a date

"-"

Published on January 21, 2007 by Val

3.0 out of 5 stars good watch - good price
My Skagen watch arrived quickly. The price was very reasonable. I did not receive instructions (for the watchband) or any registration card. That was what struck me as the difference between ordering it from Amazon and buying it in a store. Otherwise all is fine and I would order again. I like my watch a lot!
Published on January 11, 2007 by S. Post

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch for the price paid, January 21, 2007
This review is from: Skagen Women's 355SGSC Ancher Quartz 3 Hand Date Stainless Steel Silver Watch (Watch)
Bought this watch for my wife, she likes it.

"+"

+ Stylish & expensive-looking

+ stainless steel case and bracelet

+ has a date

"-"

- Not too good for a small hand. Though it is possible to adjust the bracelet to different sizes, on a small hand there will be a long part of the band left (under the "top layer"). It is difficult to make this part invisible, as it tends to come from one of the sides.

- The clasp is tight. Hope it will be easier to open and close after some usage.

- The combination of the brushed metal dial and the golden hands makes it difficult to read, especially in dim light.

- The golden "piece" is actually just a thin film layer on the inner side of the glass.

4.0 out of 5 stars Near perfect, April 6, 2007
This is my second Skagen watch. My first one, which was almost identical to my new one, lasted ten years of daily use. I love the two-tone combination of gold and stainless steel. My only disappointment is that, at a glance, it is difficult to tell the minute hand from the second hand. I think the hour and minute hands should be slightly more heavier than the second hand. Otherwise, I love the profile design of this watch including where the comfortable mesh band meets the watch face.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best watch I have ever owned, August 23, 2009
Working Mom (Mesquite, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
I am a pediatric nurse and I have to wear a watch. I like this one because it is thin, lightweight and mostly waterproof. There are three things that are drawbacks and why I gave it 4 stars: 1.) the second hand can be hard to see and distinguish from the minute hand. I wish it was red and have been tempted to have the crystal removed temporarily so I can paint it with red nail polish. 2.) I sometimes pull out the stem when I am removing my rubber gloves and this stops the time. I don't think they can change this; I just have to be more careful. 3.) the mesh band holds water when I wash my hands, but I have learned to hold the paper towel for a moment longer on the band and that usually takes care of that. If I forget and I drop my hand down to my side, water drips out from the band. It is better than a leather band under the same circumstances. I am also allergic to nickel but I can wear this watch with no problems. I have owned this watch for three years. Every year when I need to replace the battery I just send it away to Skagen and they replace the battery and I think they clean it and sometimes I have them replace the crystal or band. I have pinched the band and damaged it once. This last time I just bought a second one so that I have two. I bought one for my daughter who is off to college and she loves hers, too. There are no rough edges so I don't have to worry about scratching my patients when I have to pick them up or hold little babies. It looks smart and functional. I may never own anything but a Skagen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skagen watch, August 20, 2006
I'm delighted with my Skagen watch as I was with the previous one I lost. I find the clean, modern design makes me feel elegantly turned out. The analog dial is easy to read. The mesh band is easy to adjust to my wrist size. The silver color coordinates with my silver jewelry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Skagen Quality, September 14, 2007
Skagen Women's Two-Tone Mesh Watch #355SGSC
Quality merchandise from this Skagen watch. This is the first Skagen I have owned, but have always admired them from afar. The craftsmanship is precise, bold yet delicate. I love the two-tone of silver with gold because it is much more versatile with both kinds of jewelry. The only issue for me is the size of the face -- I prefer a slightly larger face and dial. It is easier to read. Still an excellent watch for quality and price.

3.0 out of 5 stars good watch - good price, January 11, 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly Comfortable Skagen Mesh Band Watch, February 9, 2008
Jean LeBean (Elgin, IL, USA) - See all my reviews
I love this watch, it is very comfortable... the band is so thin I don't even know I have the watch on sometimes. The only issue I have with watch is the second hand and minute hand are hard to tell apart at a glance ... have to wait for the second hand to sweep forward to know for sure what time it is - especially in low lighting. A minor point is that the small winding element is hard to grab, so it can be hard to adjust the time when traveling to a different timezone or making the daylight saving time change. The watch resistance is perfect too! A very classy and classic look to this watch!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice watch, December 16, 2009
This is my second skagen watch. The fist one lasted about 10 years and might have lasted longer if I had not gone in the shower with it. The water resistant claim is not accurate so be careful when washing hands etc.
Skagen watches are all elegant and comfortable to wear. The band is easily adjustable.
On this watch the bezel is small, which makes it hard to adjust the time when going throuh timezones.
This a great every day watch and excellent value for the price paid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch for the price., August 29, 2006
A very nice watch for the price. Very low profile and nice flexible band. Would like smaller face but otherwise a great watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Wristwatch, March 8, 2007
Beautiful, functional, rugged yet feminine, this Skagen watch has it all! Whether I'm working or playing, this watch's understated elegance and range of features (sweep second hand, date window) does everything I want it to do, a rarity in women's timepieces.