Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on May 4, 2012
I've had this watch for almost two years and must say... it's gorgeous! I get compliments on it all the time.

The coating on the clasp is wearing off like another reviewer said. I don't remember when it started, but it was a while ago.

The only reason I am looking to buy a new watch is because I feel like a dink when I can't just glance down and know what time it is. The reason isn't because of an inability to read an analog clock, but rather because the second and minute hands are almost the same length. At a glance, I don't immediately notice which is pointed and which is blunt at the end. I stare til one of the hands moves, then I know which is which. I feel ridiculous.

Update May 25, 2014: I purchased this watch around August 2010. Yesterday, I noticed the dot for the 9 indicator fell off. It's now sitting next to the dot for the 3 indicator. I'm not sure how to fix it.
on October 16, 2011
I love the watch. I love all Skagens. But the face is too dark to read. If you want to wear it as a bracelet, it's okay.
on April 29, 2012
Love this watch, it gets comments and compliments all the time. It's my third Skagen. Only complaint I have is that after 4 months and I don't even wear it every day, the grey coating is wearing off of the clasp area. I have no doubt that it will eventually wear off the other areas as well. I love the band which has a "lined" texture to the mesh. Really unusual and super-attractive.
on October 8, 2013
The Skagen watch arrived on time and pretty much as advertised. The clasp is pretty funky and I would
advise anyone buying a Skagen to avoid the sliding clasp; the watch tends to fall off without warning.

I purchased Skagen watches in Switzerland a few years ago, and find the ones here (online at least)
don't live up to the European Skagen's quality.
on May 23, 2013
I love this watch, and have had it for about two years. However, the band developed a snag, and it keep pulling on all my sweaters when I put them on, and causing minor damage. I am going to have to get another watch, as bands are not covered by the limited warranty.
on September 13, 2014
Very disappointed! i love the look of the watch. However, the clasp didn't close properly. I wasn't able to exchange it even though i had received it 2 days ago. I can only guess i can't exchange because they are selling the same watch now for $40 more. so perhaps they were selling a defective batch before? i don't know what the story was, but very disappointed in Amazon.
on January 12, 2015
I've had this watch for about 2 years and love the look but agree with other reviewers regarding the clasp. It was fine at first but became increasingly likely to undo without warning and fall off. Unfortunately due to this issue I lost the watch recently. The clasp is the only reason I'm hesitant to purchase this watch again.
on January 6, 2014
Best watch I've ever owned. I won't buy anything else. True color looks more neutral black than bronze which I prefer since it matches everything! It's a great combination of strength, durability, style and elegance.
on May 24, 2014
I bought this watch for my wife about 3 years ago. It is a beautiful watch and has worked flawlessly except the band has developed a slight twist where it joins to the watch and it has unraveled at one point fairly close to the clasp, just like one reviewer has reported. Her watch is a true bronze color and has not turned, nor has the clasp lost its color or sheen. Just like the previous reviewer stated, the unraveled portion snags her clothing and now she doesn't want to wear it because it damages her clothing. I want to replace the band but have been unable to find the correct band. Because of its unique color and texture I can't find it anywhere.I have been to the Skagen website but there is no mention of any replacement parts. One jeweler suggested that I call Skagen and send it in for a replacement band. I am going to try that but it seems that it should not be that troublesome to get replacement parts for a quality product. I can see that with a cheaper watch but not for a product that is expected to last. I have two Skagen watches of my own but now I would reconsider another purchase if I can't get replacement parts for it. Skagen should do a better job with respect to customer service. Other than that we both love these watches with their classical styling and elegance.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2014
bought as a gift, well crafted watch that looks very classy, great buy excellency build quality