5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Skagen Classic
I began wearing Skagen watches in the mid-90s. The classics like this one and the original women's round face watch with brushed bezel, arabic face numerals plus date and plain mesh band are my absolute favorites.

Published on April 22, 2011 by MiddleEarth

3.0 out of 5 stars The Minute and the Second Hands are too Similar
Published on January 23, 2011 by Boglarka Lazar

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Skagen Classic, April 22, 2011
This review is from: Skagen Women's 355SSS1 Ancher Quartz 3 Hand Date Stainless Steel Silver Watch (Watch)

I had 3 of the original ones in a row, they got pretty beat up in medical school and residency. It was nice to have the second hand to take heart rates.

I'm not sure why some complain about the second hand being too similar to the minute hand - 1. it's at a different depth 2. all you have to do, if you are confused, wait 1 (one) second to figure it out. One second is about what we spend looking at our watches to tell time anyway.

After my last of the 3 Skagens broke, I got a Cartier Santos from my husband which is amazing. However, I lost the sapphire from the crown stem (maybe the frequent washing for 3 yrs got it) and it's going back for the repair.

I wanted something to wear while the Santos is being repaired and nostalgia brought me back to Skagen.

This Skagen 355SSS1 watch is gorgeous, even more perfect than the original. The case and bezel are high shine, the band is less glossy textured striped mesh with Skagen's original clasp, signature brushed steel face, dotted hours, Skagen logo below 12 'clock and date at 6 o'clock.

One drawback was the first one Amazon sent did not work (?dead battery)and they sent the replacement overnight. Still, the watch deserves 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Minute and the Second Hands are too Similar, January 23, 2011
I love Skagen watches, they are attractive, reliable and inexpensive. I own three, a brown, a black and a gold, and lost my oldest, silver color, so it was a good reason to buy a new one. :-) It was about 8 years old, always working perfectly. As a previous reviewer said, I made the wrong choice. I have the same complaint she had: you have to stop and stare at the watch to figure out which hand is moving, showing the seconds, and which one shows the minute. The two hands are way too similar! Also the little window showing the date is a bit too small to see it well. Maybe it was the same size on my previous model, I just got older and don't it see so well. So, this is not a watch for impatient people over 40. :-) I like the design of the strap, that is something new. These metal Skagen straps are so sturdy, so practical! Never a problem to adjust to my narrow wrist size.
So, this is definitely not the watch I would buy again, but any other Skagen, next time without a second hand or with a very different second hand, is!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Stylish Watch, October 14, 2011
I was afraid that the watch will turn out to be too 'masculine' for me. When the package arrived, I am pleasantly pleased that the watch is a nice size for me and it is also very stylish and sleek. It can be worn to all occassions. I love the watch!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in this model ( from a former Skagen lover), October 8, 2011
First, allow me to say that I adore Skagen watches, their comfort, style and the iconic metal mesh band. I got this as a replacement for another Skagen watch that I made the mistake of taking into the ocean (definitely my fault it died!) So on this new watch, I noted the water resistance, and thought it would be okay to wear it to the gym, (ie that it could deal with the sweat on my wrist, during a cardio workout). Not the case!! It has had condensation on the face for two weeks, despite my not wearing it and putting it in a sack with rice to attempt to dry it out. I am going to see if I can return it, this is not up to the level of quality I expect from Skagen products. I dont know if its a bad model or if its a problem with my particular watch, but clearly the water seal is inadequate and not on par with the product description.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd Watch, July 11, 2010
I love this watch. It is my 3rd one. It is very light on the wrist and easy to read. I will buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect watch!, October 30, 2011
I love Skagen. I bought one of their watches 18 months ago and my only issue with it was that it didnt' have a second hand and I need one for work. When I saw this watch on Amazon, I couldn't believe my luck! Water resistant, second hand and date are all features I love. Highly recommend!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't go near the water, December 9, 2011
The third day I wore this watch it died 5 minutes after washing my hands with it on. Heavy condensation appeared after barely getting wet. Looks like I'm not the only one. Beware.

3.0 out of 5 stars Had to return, August 30, 2012
Gorgeous watch, but had to return because the hands are just too faint for these 50-yr-old eyes. Silver on silver color was impossible to see in anything but bright light. Also, the second hand looks too much like the minute hand to distinguish quickly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite, December 1, 2010
I have been wearing Skagen watches for ten years. I love that they are light weight, not bulky and good looking. Last year my husband gave me three Skagen watches so I could pick my favorite. Turns out I choose wrong. The second hand is almost exactly the same size as the minute hand. I have to stare at the watch and watch one hand move before I can tell what time it is. Looks like I will be asking for a new watch this year.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent watch, but the band is not going to last you and good luck finding a replacement..., January 10, 2014
I purchased this watch 11 months ago. Yes, I often have to give it a second glance because a quick glance often has me mistaking the second hand for the minute hand and when the time doesn't seem right, I have to look again. I was willing to live with that shortcoming. However, the watch band, which looks really nice, is starting to come apart on the edges in a couple of places, which pulls clothing and can be scratchy. I'm a wirework jewelry hobbyist, and I can't get the pieces to fold back exactly as they should be, even with fine pliers and good eyesight, so it's a continual issue. I can't find a band that will fit, the warranty doesn't cover the band, and when I contacted Skagen, they offered to replace the band for $45. I paid about $60 orginally for the whole watch. I would have to ship it to them and they would take 2-4 weeks to get it back to me. I'm one of the few 30-somethings who still WEARS a watch. I think after being without one for a month I might get over the convenience of wearing a watch and looking at my wrist for the date and time!