5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch -- in looks and performance!
This is my second Skagen. It's much thinner than my older watch. The 7-year old watch still works perfectly, but I wanted a new treat.

Published on September 21, 2005 by LaDivaLisa

Published on April 15, 2007 by jzehaz

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch -- in looks and performance!, September 21, 2005
This review is from: Skagen Women's 358SGGD Freja Quartz 2 Hand Stainless Steel Gold Watch (Watch)

I think this watch is a great in-between of formal and informal. The goldtone really sparkles and the crystals on the face add a touch of elegance. One of the features I like most about the Skagen mesh bands is that they are adjustable. And the Amazon price was great!

I highly recommend this watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Skagen Watch Problem - Don't Buy Their Watches-Crystals Crack, April 15, 2007
jzehaz "jzehaz" (Pleasantville, NY) - See all my reviews
I would rate this zero stars but the system will not allow me to do this - hence the one star.I bought this watch for my wife as a 2006 Christmas present. The crystal subsequently cracked due to temperature changes. The elegant design of a thin gold rim holding the crystal cannot stand large rapid temperature differences. I went to my local jeweler who was very familiar with the crystal issue with Skagen watches. I called Skagen, seems they are aware of this problem too. However the only option offered was to send the watch back for repair -pay $25.00 for repair of the crystal, pay $8.95 for s&h and then pay insurance and return postage. As I paid $65.00 for the watch I consider this a total ripoff. I would not buy another product from Skagen and recommend that Amazon discontinue selling any Skagen products until they become a responsible corporate partner. It is a pretty watch and seemed like a good deal - but it is not turning out that way. Or you can buy this watch and only wera it in warm climates.

5.0 out of 5 stars had it for 3 yrs, want a new one, October 19, 2006
I've had this watch for 3 yrs, the band is starting to fade a little (though I got a compliment on it just yesterday) and I want to get a new one before they are no longer available. Great watch, is not water resistant, but it's been wet several times. I've gotten a little condensation on the inside of the crystal numerous times (I'm a nurse and I wash my hands frequently-yeah, I know, I should have a water resistant watch, but this one is so pretty!), but it's always worked perfectly. Tons of compliments on it, looks expensive and I can't destroy it with my rough treatment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I expected, March 21, 2006
It's a beautiful, simple, elegant watch. Been eyeing it for a year, never have seen it at such a fantastic price. Job well done.

3.0 out of 5 stars zero water resistance but pretty, April 25, 2007
The Amazon description is incorrect I bought this watch for my wife and looking at the back there are no marking indicating any water resistance. As my wife is accustomed to wearing her watch all the time this is a problem. Even washing your hands will potentially end up with water in the watch, would not have purchased if I had known. But it looks very nice especially for the price if you can put up with zero water resistance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, March 14, 2007
JJL (California) - See all my reviews
I bought this for myself to celebrate a milestone in my life and I couldn't be happier. Adusting the watch to fit my wrist was simple (contrary to one review - Skagen gives you easy, detailed instructions, but I figured it out before reading the instructions), and I'm already getting many compliments on it. It looks far more expensive than its price. And I love that the case is quite slim. Gorgeous watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy Watch at Great Price, October 10, 2013
My wife loves it. Looks far more expensive and keeps time accurately. Her previous Skagen lasted 20 years and kept time accurately over those 20 years. Replaced it when the band started to fray. For that price I could be a sport and buy her a new watch. Highly recommend. Art Dunford

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, February 8, 2007
Lightweight, great price, self adjustable...this was the perfect gold toned watch for me! I shopped around and Amazon had the best price for this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what i expected, March 11, 2014
A quality looking watch that didn't disappoint when I received it.
It was a gift for a friend that was gratefully accepted. A beautiful looking time piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple beautiful, February 26, 2014
It looks like in the picture. Simple beautiful. Suggest to anyone who like gold watch but not too shimmering. ^^

Rate and Discover Movies